Brilliant news....

Re: Brilliant news....

Postby darrenlock » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah one striker its called Aaron Taylor and second striker I will be suprised if Sammy lets Wayne go but he has not started many matches since morecambe boss has been in charge.
darrenlock

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:02 pm

shrimper wrote: (and I've said who I'd like there).

Graham Turner has put his shares up for sale today (see: http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/page/Ne ... 21,00.html)... I wonder if that will have any affect on whether or not Marc Pugh stays there next season?
Morecambe Jack

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:01 pm

darrenlock wrote:Yeah one striker its called Aaron Taylor and second striker I will be suprised if Sammy lets Wayne go but he has not started many matches since morecambe boss has been in charge.

With that striker Aaron Taylor playing we will have absoloutely no chance of promotion.
Little Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Christies Child wrote:
shrimper wrote:
Christies Child wrote:We needed to have a complete re-think about our midfield for me, instead of re-signing the 'old' boys.

I think Stanners, Drummy, Hunter, Duffy, Wainwright and a back-to-form Panther are all capable of being part of a 'squad' that can challenge for the League Two title.

But I also think we need at least two more quality players in there as well.

One attacking midfielder in the Craney mould (but fully fit) and another wide left player who can beat his man and score goals (and I've said who I'd like there).

Add another option up front (possibly season-long loan) of a young, quick striker and I don't think we'd be far off having a very good side.

On contracts there is a difference (as I said close-season when we were all talking about Jimmy Ryan of Accy) between 'agreeing a new contract' and actually signing it.

I reckon Stanners will sign soon (may already have done so) but that the reference to Panther suggests that he knows what we would offer him, he's happy with it, and if he's released by Exeter and no-one comes in with a significantly better bid, then he'll sign it and be with us next season.

....and defensively :?: :?: :?:

We can't ignore the fact that we've let in too many goals.

In a way that is linked with the midfield debate, the defence has been left exposed far to many times this season when the midfield hasnt tracked back and picked up the opposition midfield runners or failed to get a tackle in, so i do feel we need to strengthen in that area.
steve mfc

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:01 pm

When you see the likes of Adam le Fondre you realise just what we are missing. Both Mullin and Jevons are good players, but they are not quick and don't smash the ball toward the goal enough. We need a quick, aggressive striker...perhaps that means a young gun on a season long loan.

We need a player like Craney in midfield who can pull the trigger and slide in clever passes for the forwards. Our current midfield outfit don't penetrate the penalty area enough with their passes.

Our wingers/wing backs are great. Our defenders are great, and in Parrish have a star for the future.

We need a forward, an edgy midfielder and a young centreback, assuming we can hang onto most of the current squad that will get us into the play-offs next season if we don't get promoted this time around.
Caged Lion

Previous

Return to General Discussion