Main Stand Season Ticket options

Main Stand Season Ticket options

Postby bigdavethebass » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:27 pm

I had a talk about Season Tickets on Sat with someone official (in a suit) in the office after the game, this is what I was told....

The main stand will have 5 blocks (similar to current one).

In Block C (middle) you will ONLY be able to buy Full Price Season Tickets (and I presume Match Day tickets).
In Block B and D (either side of C) you will be able to buy Full Price and Concession Season Tickets (and I presume Match Day tickets).
Only in Block E (A is for away fans) will you be able to buy Childs Season Tickets (and I presume Match Day tickets).

I find this hard to swallow - I certainly can't afford an adult ticket for my boy so we are confined to Block E.

The rationale given to me by the man I talked to was that when he goes to the rugby league, he pays top whack for a ticket and has some kid kicking him in the back all game - the result is that no kids are allowed in the best bits of the stand in the new Globe Arena....go figure....lets be building the fans of the future by excluding them from areas of the ground....I'm pretty fed up at this....would be interested to hear other opinions (even if they conflict with mine!!!)....
bigdavethebass

Re: Main Stand Season Ticket options

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:46 pm

at least your stand as a roof on it, looks like ill have to carry on gambling with the great british weather system again in the new car wash end for the indefinite future :(
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:28 pm

[quote="bigdavethebass"]I had a talk about Season Tickets on Sat with someone official (in a suit) in the office after the game, this is what I was told....

The main stand will have 5 blocks (similar to current one).

In Block C (middle) you will ONLY be able to buy Full Price Season Tickets (and I presume Match Day tickets).
In Block B and D (either side of C) you will be able to buy Full Price and Concession Season Tickets (and I presume Match Day tickets).
Only in Block E (A is for away fans) will you be able to buy Childs Season Tickets (and I presume Match Day tickets).

I find this hard to swallow - I certainly can't afford an adult ticket for my boy so we are confined to Block E.

I'm not sure if I'm corect but my understanding is that Block C is going to be for those prepared to pay a premium for exclusive use of part of the Banqueting Suite before and after the game plus at half time. Similar to what is offered at other League clubs. If this brings in extra revenue then I've no problem with such a facility.

Prices for all areas of the ground are yet to be released but I'd hope that the club will retain the existing price structure for the majority of the fans to generate genuine interest in the first year at the Arena.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Would be very supprised if this infomation is true.
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:11 pm

season tickets will be roughly the same as this season in all areas give or take a pound a game, match days will be similar, the main stand houses alot more fans than our usual total crowd, so i would imagine you will be able to use the magnificent new facility for maybe a pound more than this season per match, shouty man should be given his regular seat free of charge, as he is our twelf man, the carwash side will be free in, for gypsys and horses :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 am

Christies Child wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm corect but my understanding is that Block C is going to be for those prepared to pay a premium for exclusive use of part of the Banqueting Suite before and after the game plus at half time. Similar to what is offered at other League clubs. If this brings in extra revenue then I've no problem with such a facility.

Prices for all areas of the ground are yet to be released but I'd hope that the club will retain the existing price structure for the majority of the fans to generate genuine interest in the first year at the Arena.

The Wright & Lord Suite, no less
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 am

I have no problems with season tickets or just match day tickets going up, were in a new stadium, we dont have the biggest fan base, the club needs to make money so they can afford the players that are going to give you the entertainment your paying for.
If the club want to maximise their income without prices changing dramatically then it's for the good of the club. Next year might be the most profitable season in our clubs history which is what we need after paying for a new 12m pound stadium, especially if were in league 1 :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 am

ezz wrote:I have no problems with season tickets or just match day tickets going up, were in a new stadium, we dont have the biggest fan base, the club needs to make money so they can afford the players that are going to give you the entertainment your paying for.
If the club want to maximise their income without prices changing dramatically then it's for the good of the club. Next year might be the most profitable season in our clubs history which is what we need after paying for a new 12m pound stadium, especially if were in league 1 :lol:

Should that not be "FIRST" :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion