Brilliant news....

Brilliant news....

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:38 pm

Baz has confirmed on Radio Lancashire Lunch Time Sport that talks are at an advanced stage for him to re-sign as our No1 next season.

He's settled in the area, loves the fans and the club and is hopeful that a deal can be sorted out.

On the eve of a very crucial few weeks this is just the news we needed.

Brilliant!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Brilliant news....

Postby shrimper » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Christies Child wrote:Baz has confirmed on Radio Lancashire Lunch Time Sport that talks are at an advanced stage for him to re-sign as our No1 next season.

He's settled in the area, loves the fans and the club and is hopeful that a deal can be sorted out.

On the eve of a very crucial few weeks this is just the news we needed.

Brilliant!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

You're joking!!

If that's more than just 'what we want to hear' then that is truly excellent news and would be a massive credit to all concerned (including Baz).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:Baz has confirmed on Radio Lancashire Lunch Time Sport that talks are at an advanced stage for him to re-sign as our No1 next season.

Superb news!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Harry

Postby shrimper » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:54 pm

...and it also says....

"Manager Sammy McIlroy has agreed new deals recently with Andy Parrish, Neil Wainwright, Craig Stanley and Emanuel Panther and he hopes Roche can put pen to paper soon."
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm

This is truly brilliant, brilliant brilliant (when Manny is back to speed) news :D

Can't wait for the Baz v Casper show on Saturday. A BIG stage for the BIG man to show his prowess :D :D ...meanwhile stopping that silly goal dance that none of us want to see 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:56 pm

shrimper wrote:...and it also says....

"Manager Sammy McIlroy has agreed new deals recently with Andy Parrish, Neil Wainwright, Craig Stanley and Emanuel Panther and he hopes Roche can put pen to paper soon."

Until we hear confirmation from the club or from the players themselves, we should take the Stanners and Panther news with a certain amount of caution. After all the Beeb are not the best at getting the facts straight.
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Brilliant news - hopefully its a long term deal!
Morecambe Jack

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:49 pm

:D :P :P :P :P :D
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Until we hear confirmation from the club or from the players themselves, we should take the Stanners and Panther news with a certain amount of caution. After all the Beeb are not the best at getting the facts straight.

Yes and be have to remember that EP is only a season's loan deal so we would have have to agreed something with Exeter first.
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 pm

This is better news than if I was told we were in the play-offs
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Yes and be have to remember that EP is only a season's loan deal so we would have have to agreed something with Exeter first.

Not if his contract was up at the end of the season...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby parceldave » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Since his injury Panther has absolutely done nothing in his performances to warrant a new contract. Its been mentioned on SV's many times that our biggest problem this season is in midfield, if we resign the same players are those same problems not going to be there next season. :?:
parceldave

Postby John L » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:20 am

Not Panther, yet, according to http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2025897,00.html.
John L

Postby Christies Child » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:36 am

parceldave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Since his injury Panther has absolutely done nothing in his performances to warrant a new contract. Its been mentioned on SV's many times that our biggest problem this season is in midfield, if we resign the same players are those same problems not going to be there next season. :?:

Exactly.....
We needed to have a complete re-think about our midfield for me, instead of re-signing the 'old' boys.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:48 am

Yes but on the other hand, after a nice break if Manny can re-capture his form before his injury we will go back to crushing other teams midfield again......
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 am

John L wrote:

Not Panther, yet, according to http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2025897,00.html.

Sounds as though Sammy is quite confident in getting him though.
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:11 am

Panther played his best football for us before his injury and I'd like to see him recapture that form before we sign him, should he be released by Exeter.
Harry

Postby shrimper » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Christies Child wrote:We needed to have a complete re-think about our midfield for me, instead of re-signing the 'old' boys.

I think Stanners, Drummy, Hunter, Duffy, Wainwright and a back-to-form Panther are all capable of being part of a 'squad' that can challenge for the League Two title.

But I also think we need at least two more quality players in there as well.

One attacking midfielder in the Craney mould (but fully fit) and another wide left player who can beat his man and score goals (and I've said who I'd like there).

Add another option up front (possibly season-long loan) of a young, quick striker and I don't think we'd be far off having a very good side.

On contracts there is a difference (as I said close-season when we were all talking about Jimmy Ryan of Accy) between 'agreeing a new contract' and actually signing it.

I reckon Stanners will sign soon (may already have done so) but that the reference to Panther suggests that he knows what we would offer him, he's happy with it, and if he's released by Exeter and no-one comes in with a significantly better bid, then he'll sign it and be with us next season.
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 pm

shrimper wrote:
Christies Child wrote:We needed to have a complete re-think about our midfield for me, instead of re-signing the 'old' boys.

I think Stanners, Drummy, Hunter, Duffy, Wainwright and a back-to-form Panther are all capable of being part of a 'squad' that can challenge for the League Two title.

But I also think we need at least two more quality players in there as well.

One attacking midfielder in the Craney mould (but fully fit) and another wide left player who can beat his man and score goals (and I've said who I'd like there).

Add another option up front (possibly season-long loan) of a young, quick striker and I don't think we'd be far off having a very good side.

On contracts there is a difference (as I said close-season when we were all talking about Jimmy Ryan of Accy) between 'agreeing a new contract' and actually signing it.

I reckon Stanners will sign soon (may already have done so) but that the reference to Panther suggests that he knows what we would offer him, he's happy with it, and if he's released by Exeter and no-one comes in with a significantly better bid, then he'll sign it and be with us next season.

....and defensively :?: :?: :?:

We can't ignore the fact that we've let in too many goals.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 pm

As regards the defence, yes we've conceded too many goals but do we really need major surgery?

Look at the current backline...

Wilson-Haining-Bentley-Parrish

Who in there are you desperate to get rid of? I wouldn't mind a new, younger centre back to have as an eventual replacement for Bentley but apart from that, our current back line have individually been great this season. Its either a team thing or a midfield problem. IMO, there's not much improvement to be made to the defence.
james456

Postby The Marksman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 pm

ezz wrote:Yes but on the other hand, after a nice break if Manny can re-capture his form before his injury we will go back to crushing other teams midfield again......

Wasn't he playing in a midfield three back then? Not sure he's suited to being part of a central two (much like Craney isn't).
The Marksman

Postby james456 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:08 pm

I thought one of Manny's best games was away against Bury which was after his injury - he actually played alongside Stanners which worked really well - both closing down the space and protecting the backline.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:31 pm

SM was on BBC radio Lancashire today basically saying he wants to keep the squad he's got and get them sorted out with new contracts now before he brings in any new players

and when asked who you looking at SM replied there's 3 or 4 am looking to bring into the squad in the summer

my wish list

one center half(Jimbo aint getting younger for this level)

one center Forward(as to be handful for defenders and pacy)

one left winger(who can beat defenders and whip in first time balls)

one creative midfielder(Ian Carney if he can show full fitness)
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:06 pm

DawZi wrote:SM was on BBC radio Lancashire today basically saying he wants to keep the squad he's got and get them sorted out with new contracts now before he brings in any new players

and when asked who you looking at SM replied there's 3 or 4 am looking to bring into the squad in the summer

my wish list

one center half(Jimbo aint getting younger for this level)

one center Forward(as to be handful for defenders and pacy)

one left winger(who can beat defenders and whip in first time balls)

one creative midfielder(Ian Carney if he can show full fitness)

Ditto but I'd bring in 2 strikers if possible.
james456

Next

Return to General Discussion