Bradford Predictions

Bradford Predictions

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:00 pm

1-0 to morecambe - wilson

400 shrimp fans!
thegentlegiant

Re: Bradford Predictions

Postby outsider » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Bradford 3-1 Morecambe 197 Shrimps in a crowd of 15,750 ;)

Morecambe 1-3 Rotherham, with 1987 in attendance

Lincoln1-1 Morecambe

Morecambe1-2 Crewe

I'm on a good run ;) ;) ;) ;)
Last edited by outsider on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:05 pm

2-1 late jevons winner
350 visiting shrimps
3 more points on the board
Blackburn shrimp

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:14 pm

2-1. A goal for Mullin and late winner for Jevons

If we can contain their big lad Oliver, we got a good chance. Never thought I'd say this but I'd start with Artell not Haining to cope with the aerial threat
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:54 pm

3-0 Morecambe
heysham_mfc

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:05 pm

No luke oliver for bradford on tuesday as been recalled by wycombe 3 1 to shrimps with about 150 travelling from seaside
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Bls Shrimp » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Bratford 1-2 Morecambe....artell and jevons.
300 travellers.
Bls Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 am

4-1 Artell Jevons Mullin and Wilson. Line up:

Roche
Parrish Bentley* Haining Wilson
Duffy Drummond Stanley Hackney
Mullin Jevons

*Artell for Bentley if he's still injured
Little Shrimp

Postby ezz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 am

Our record there is awful so i'm going to have to go for a Bradford win or draw at best, sometimes form doesn't break that psychological barrier.

Obviously i'm only saying that so I don't jinx us winning!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ockers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:55 am

would love to see this
third time lucky win
1000 shrimps fans
we nil bradford and get a comfortable win
no injuries
fingers crossed eh?
ockers

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm

We played really well there last season and got tonked 4 zip. Everytime they went forward they scored, despite having most of the ball we didn't create much apart from Danny Carlton missing an open goal.

Time to grind out another result tomorrow. I'd take draws for all our remaining away games if I was offered them now. Three points on the road combined with two home wins might just be enough to see us reach the play-offs. If we could win tomorrow we would be well on our way.

1-1, Mullins to score a late equaliser. 250 shrimps on the wrong side on the pennines.
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 pm

I hope we go for it right from the off like we did on Saturday. They have a depleated squad, there has never been a better time for us to play them. Even their fans can't be bothered now so let's go for a win and attack them without letting them grow in confidence. Our lads must know that if they work hard and play for each other like they did on Saturday, we need fear no one.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:46 pm

A win at Bradford would be massive really, for most of our squad we've never won there so it would be a little hoodoo broken. Also to stay in the play-offs would be a big relief as once you drop out you can tend to panic in the next game which ends up being very detremental to our performance. I'd actually be willing to put my neck on the line that if we win at Bradford we'll finish the season in the top 7.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:11 pm

i will be happy with a 2-1 Morecambe victory,Jevons and Curtis scoring the goals.14.000+ attendance
northstandshrimp2009

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:57 pm

ezz wrote:A win at Bradford would be massive really, for most of our squad we've never won there so it would be a little hoodoo broken. Also to stay in the play-offs would be a big relief as once you drop out you can tend to panic in the next game which ends up being very detremental to our performance. I'd actually be willing to put my neck on the line that if we win at Bradford we'll finish the season in the top 7.

Have to agree totally, 3 more wins out of 5 will do it, possibly 8 points would, but if we say we should win both out home games, then a win at bradford should get us there. Avoiding defeat at Notts would also do.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi Guys,

Firstly forgetting all the banter as the season has progressed, I am big enough to come on here and congratulate everyone concerned with Morecambe on what has turned out to be an outstanding season for you. A fitting way to bring the curtain down on Christie Park.

From a Bradford point of view, we aren't playing great at the moment, and have a couple of injuries, Taylor seems to be working his way through the squad seeing exactly what he has got to play with for next season,Oliver has been recalled to Wycombe too.

It hurts me to say this, but i actually think tomorrow night is make or break for Morecambe, and i really think that you will get your first victory at VP.

Looking at your run in, its tougher than anybody else's thats for sure, so if you make the plays offs then its Well Deserved..!

All the very best, and even if we do beat you keep going until the end you'll still have a say in how the table finishes..!

Good Luck (after tomorrow)

Dan
BCFC Morecambe

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks for that Dan, appreciate the comments.

Looks like Taylor has inherited some issues and, as you say, is looking at who he needs to keep and get rid of for next season.

The key will be what resources he's allowed to do what he thinks he needs.

I think every game is going to be tough from now on for us but that we may benefit from at least a couple of games against sides in a bit of transition.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:50 pm

thanks agree this is an important game for us if you look at the remaining fixtures we have got you would think this is the most winable game but you never know in football.
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:57 pm

2-1 wayne curtis winner 90th minute goalllllllllllllllll
darrenlock

Postby George Dawes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:12 pm

hard one to call ive always said any point away from home is a good point

but if Jevons turns up and brings is shoot on sight boots, i think that could be the difference between the two side

:?
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:18 pm

As said, if we go out and play like we did against Rotherham then I'm confident we'll get the 3 points. On the other hand, Bradford always seem to get a result against us at there place. We'll just have to wait and see which Morecambe side turns up ;)

One thing for sure is that us fans we'll be in fine voice again, Dale Cavese? DALE MORECAMBE ! :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby Christies Minder » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:40 pm

I think that this is a tough one to call. As Dan said (and thanks for your comments, much appreciated), Taylor is going through the squad to see what he wants for next season.

You can look at that two ways:
1. the squad is probably at the weakest we'll have faced at VP giving us a good chance
2. the players are playing for their contracts next season with the knowledge this is a game that they usually win

I think I'd be happy with a point away from home for this game and the next, but with other results going our way, 3 points could be one foot in the playoff door!
Christies Minder

Postby steve mfc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Based on current form we should get the three points, but as we know its only a guide to the form up till today, however if we play with the same attitude and commitment that we have shown of late then we should get something out of this game.

How many points do we need to secure 7th spot, a few weeks ago i would have said at least 74, but with teams in and around the play offs dropping points it could be as little as 72pts

So two home wins and a couple of draws away and that might just be enough, on the other hand :?
steve mfc

Postby Christies Minder » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:39 pm

steve mfc wrote:How many points do we need to secure 7th spot, a few weeks ago i would have said at least 74, but with teams in and around the play offs dropping points it could be as little as 72pts

I suggested on another thread that 3 wins from the last 5 games should see us through, with other teams around us having to play each other. So that would mean finishing with 73 points, which is unbelievable!
Christies Minder

Postby shrimper » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:17 pm

ALL the remaining games are very tough ones - individually no-one looking at League Two results would be massively surprised at defeats for us in any of them.

But, on the flipside, we've performed well enough recently to suggest we CAN be reasonably confident of getting at least a draw tonight, at least a draw at Shrewsbury and the same against Daggers.

I think to get anything at Notts will be very difficult and I also think we'll have to play really well to get anything against an Aldershot side that has been up and down but has had some very good results in recent weeks.

It's going to be a nail-biter and we'll end up precisely where we deserve to be.

Exciting, though, eh?

Off to Bradford now!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Next

Return to General Discussion