O/T - Play-up Pompey, Pompey play-up

O/T - Play-up Pompey, Pompey play-up

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:57 pm

What's happening to that great old club ain't very nice.
Fans are blameless, yet suffer 100%.
Foreign owners come and then disappear.
The footie league just lets it happen.
What's going on?
Never say never though.
Providing I'm not working, me and Doris always have a few avec mes ami Ricky down Pompey Guildhall.
At 1430 Ricky puts his skates on towards Fratton and his seat, his beloved seat.
Me and Doris carry on Popping, keeping our eyes on the score.
Couldn't believe it aujourd'hui.
Got on the Gosport ferry at 1640, heading home, Hull were 1-2 up - no surprise there.
Disembarked 5 minutes later and super Pompey had won 3-2.
Unbelievable!
Bring on Chelsea on Wednesday.
Maybe they owe Avram a favour!

Fuck, teas on't table!!!
Plain Peter

Re: O/T - Play-up Pompey, Pompey play-up

Postby bigreddog » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Hate to say it, but I still suspect pompey are screwed. Maybe the one up side is that Hull's confidence must have been destroyed this afternoon, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win again for a very long time, so you never know. Burnley on the other hand, I've had a sneaky feeling for staying up for some time.????
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:56 pm

bigreddog wrote:Hate to say it, but I still suspect pompey are screwed. Maybe the one up side is that Hull's confidence must have been destroyed this afternoon, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win again for a very long time, so you never know. Burnley on the other hand, I've had a sneaky feeling for staying up for some time.????

I was at Burnleys game today and i'm sorry but they didn't look like a team that's going to stay up even some of the Burnley fans I spoke to don't think they will stay up.
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am

Pompey have to make up 14 points in the next games...they are a shoo-in to go down.
Harry

Postby bigreddog » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:30 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
bigreddog wrote:Hate to say it, but I still suspect pompey are screwed. Maybe the one up side is that Hull's confidence must have been destroyed this afternoon, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win again for a very long time, so you never know. Burnley on the other hand, I've had a sneaky feeling for staying up for some time.????

I was at Burnleys game today and i'm sorry but they didn't look like a team that's going to stay up even some of the Burnley fans I spoke to don't think they will stay up.

It's just a feeling in my water, not a rational one, so is just as likely to be cystitis. I just think Wolves might just bottle it. There are other twists and turns until the end of the season, at the bottom and the top of the premiership I feel. I've got a nasty feeling that Liverpool might even make fourth and win the UEFA cup and the spaniard survives. it may just be that i have regular feelings of impending doom and need a lie down in a darkened room.

the occupational hazard of following Morecambe and Liverpool simultaneously.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Pompey will be back in the 2nd division next year. If they were any other business than a football club they wouldn't even exist now.
durhamshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 am

Well, wasn't that a pleasant surprise yesterday?!
Thought Shrimper might have been on to let us know what a great day out he had :lol: :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 am

Didn't get tickets matey. Telly for me.

Good luck to Pompey in the final (though I think they'll need it to avoid a thumping to be honest).

Still can't see what was wrong with our 'equaliser' and still don't think it was a pen but hey ho these things happen.

Great game for the neutral (I'd imagine).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 am

shrimper wrote:Still can't see what was wrong with our 'equaliser'

I think david James' face said it all.

shrimper wrote:.....and still don't think it was a pen...

And neither will the ref when he watches it again.
Plain Peter

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am

shrimper wrote:Great game for the neutral (I'd imagine).

Certainly was. When Pompey were surging forward it felt like Morecambe, a smaller team higher than they really should be but still having a right good go at it.

Despite having a few slices of very good luck David James put in a cracking performance as well (save v Huddlestone) and strengthened his claim for the number 1 jersey in South Africa.
Harry

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 am

Just one point - and this isn't a sour-grapes gripe, as I said before, good luck to Pompey I wish them well - what on earth is the problem with the Wembley pitch?

It was appalling in both semis and is a disgrace for a national stadium.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 pm

shrimper wrote:Just one point - and this isn't a sour-grapes gripe, as I said before, good luck to Pompey I wish them well - what on earth is the problem with the Wembley pitch?

It was appalling in both semis and is a disgrace for a national stadium.

Built in the wrong place for too much money.

Now they'll have anything on it to try to claw back some money.

Didn't they have monster trucks on it or dirt bike trials or something a few months back?

How is the pitch supposed to be playable after all the work that must go on to try to maintain it.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion