Shrewsbury not finished just yet?

Shrewsbury not finished just yet?

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Surprised nobody has mentioned The Shrews away win yesterday at Crewe considering we still have to play them yet and they are only 6 points behind us now so this could be a very important game for both teams. Bloody good result for them considering the Shrews recent results and this result probably safe guarded Simpsons job for a bit longer whilst they also unearthed a new gem in 17yr old Tom Bradshaw a 2nd year scholar with the town. He came on in the second half for his debut and replaced one time £250,000 Reading signing Jamie Cureton on-loan from Norwich and did something Cureton has yet to do at town which was to score but not content with just 1 he went on to net a second as well.
nobbyshrimp

Re: Shrewsbury not finished just yet?

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Yeah they still have a chance if they play well.
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Saw the lad's goals on SSN last night, looked pretty decent.

They'll be due an off day by the time we play them :lol:
Harry

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:59 pm

We play them away on Tuesday evening. I can't see us losing there.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Sammy h » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:We play them away on Tuesday evening. I can't see us losing there.

That's what we like to hear!
Sammy h

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Harry wrote:Saw the lad's goals on SSN last night, looked pretty decent.

theyve lost 6 in 7. Tbh i think there more due an on day. And I think that they have zero chance, their form is dreadful
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 pm

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:
Harry wrote:Saw the lad's goals on SSN last night, looked pretty decent.

theyve lost 6 in 7. Tbh i think there more due an on day. And I think that they have zero chance, their form is dreadful

I really hope you're right but with only 2 wins behind us i'm just not so sure. Their form only turned poor when ours turned for the better but surely you can't have already forgotten that this is the same team that has been in the play off place's ALL season until 2 weeks ago! I for one am not writing them off and have a funny feeling our game against them could be very important for 1 or both teams.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:I really hope you're right but with only 2 wins behind us i'm just not so sure. Their form only turned poor when ours turned for the better but surely you can't have already forgotten that this is the same team that has been in the play off place's ALL season until 2 weeks ago! I for one am not writing them off and have a funny feeling our game against them could be very important for 1 or both teams.

Nope, Shrewsbury are too far behind now. To make the last play off spot they need us, Bury, Northampton, Port Vale and Dagenham & Redbridge to all pick up less points than them in the last five games. That's five other teams that all need a bad run for Shrewsbury to make the play offs. Also, they may be six points behind but they have to make up eight goals on us and Northampton, so they are effectively seven points behind us. There's a lot of twists and turns left this season, but I don't think it's going to result in Shrewsbury making the play offs.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 am

They've been playing badly too, morale is low and their fans dont even think they'll make it. Form is everything at this stage, and shrewsbury dont have it
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Shrewsbury is a tough place to go for us, but no tougher than Notts or Bradford. Of the three away games I'd say that it the most winnable. I even fancy us to get a goal in salop this year! Also, Paul Simpson has still never beaten the Morecambe as a manager, despite being at clubs that you'd expect him to do so.

As Keith says, I'd be shocked if the Shrews did overhaul the chasing pack and reach the play-offs. Patchy form and too far behind.
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion