Apologies to unhappy coach passengers

Re: Apologies to unhappy coach passengers

Postby Moose » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:07 am

They sacked him. What more can they do? Get a copy of the Visitor, it's all in there.
Moose

Postby Phoenix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:17 am

it's all in there

That's the point, it isn't all in the Visitor. Like the Visitor doesn't mention anything about the journey down yet around 6pm last Wednesday I received a text from someone on Garry's coach which ended "nightmare driver".

The bollard incident, the Visitor doesn't mention the fact that the damage was so severe they had to send a replacement coach, does it? Didn't just hit the bollard, drove the side of the coach along the bollard and knackered the emergency exits. At that point someone at TC should have started asking questions then maybe no one would have texted "nightmare driver".
Phoenix

Postby wijit » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:50 am

The fact that this man has been sacked appears to be damage limitation. I like The Visitor, my Dad posts it to me every week and Glen is a greta bloke to boot. But it can do only so much, if folk are willing to tell Glen and post about the incident on here then why not do it right and involve the Police. Being sacked doesn't mean he won't drive again just as badly or worse.
wijit

Postby Moose » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:03 pm

Sorry wijit, assumed you were living locally... the Police may well have been informed.

From the Visitor, "Ironically, we have had good comments about this individual driver on our passenger surveys. "

As the daft saying in football goes, you are only as good as your last game.

TC did everything they could, I don't hold them responsible so the damage limitation doesn't hold in my eyes, not sure what else people want them to do?
Moose

Postby Phoenix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 pm

No one's asking them to do anything, they've done an excellent bit of PR since the incidents but I still say it's also an excellent damage limitation exercise. They have turned 50 shit scared passengers into 50 people that will sing TC's praises from the rooftops. How?

What intrigues me is the no-more-to-say and sensationalism comments that have been made in the last few days. What has been sensationalised? Have I sensationalised anything? If yes then people have been lying to me, people on the coach, and I don't believe for one minute they are liars.
Phoenix

Postby Moose » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:No one's asking them to do anything, they've done an excellent bit of PR since the incidents but I still say it's also an excellent damage limitation exercise. They have turned 50 shit scared passengers into 50 people that will sing TC's praises from the rooftops. How?

What intrigues me is the no-more-to-say and sensationalism comments that have been made in the last few days. What has been sensationalised? Have I sensationalised anything? If yes then people have been lying to me, people on the coach, and I don't believe for one minute they are liars.

Well...sensationalised, "50 shit scared passangers" ? Slightly overstated.
Their PR 'damage limitation' exercise as you put it, you ask how they have managed to do it?
Can only answer for myself but maybe it's because they don't blame the company who they have never had a problem with before, just the driver.
Moose

Postby wijit » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm

To be fair to TC, if they've only had good reports about this driver previously then they would have no reason to pre-empt any incident. They have sacked him, which seems the right thing and reimbursed people which wasn't an obligation so a decent gesture there.
I still think along Keith's lines. This could've been a much more serious incident and Police involvement would do much to ensure there would be less chance of a repeat.
wijit

Postby Phoenix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Well...sensationalised, "50 shit scared passangers" ? Slightly overstated.

Thanks for picking a recent comment as your example made long after this thread has been accused of sensationalism. As for the example you picked, those were the exact words used by a passenger on that coach. Care to pick out anything said previously that is sensationalism or out of context?

Their PR 'damage limitation' exercise as you put it, you ask how they have managed to do it?
Can only answer for myself but maybe it's because they don't blame the company who they have never had a problem with before, just the driver.

Perhaps you can clarify the remuneration package you have all been offered.
Phoenix

Postby Moose » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:50 pm

That was chosen mainly because it was right in front of my eyes as whilst typing, again, can only answer for myself, but shit scared was an over statement.

To date, haven't spoken to anyone or been offered anything.
Moose

Postby Phoenix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:52 pm

So, apart from using the phrase "shit scared" as used by another passenger, you can find nothing else sensationalised. That's what I thought.
Phoenix

Postby Moose » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:12 pm

The request doesn't necessarily state that any claims 'had' been sensationalised, more of a general request, seeing as the post followed a post from the Lancaster Guardian.
Thats how i took it anyway.

(there isn't a right lot to sensationalise to be honest)
Moose

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:25 pm

Phoenix just likes a good arguement! :lol: just ask Evelyn Archer. :lol:
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:35 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:Phoenix just likes a good arguement! :lol: just ask Evelyn Archer. :lol:

...and poor ol' Poulton Prawn ;)
Plain Peter

Postby Phoenix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Who's arguing? Just trying to get to the truth which I don't think has been told yet, nor will it be told with all these requests not to put things out of context or sensationalise them. Subtle ways of saying zip it.
Phoenix

Postby Scottlee » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:26 pm

What happened in full? Is anyone going to tell the full tale? As far as I can gather from the replies, some coach driver crashed into something on the way back from Forest, then (?) realised he didn't have his glasses.....the story is blurry after that, no pun intended, and 8 people got a cab home apparently. Still some blanks in there, I feel.
Scottlee

Postby ftm » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:35 pm

I THINK THIS IS ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTING FROM SO CALLED MORECAMBE FANS!!!

YOU SHOULD HAVE ALL BEEN HAMMERED AND DIDNT REALISE WHAT WAS GOING ON TO NOTICE FFS.

the good old days on the york hotel trips the bus driver was blind and no one noticed!
ftm

Postby Posh » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:57 pm

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-n ... 4405375.jp

I think the article and previous posts cover everything people who weren't on the bus need to know.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Previous

Return to General Discussion