Drench transfer listed

Drench transfer listed

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Following the appointment of Liam Watson as the new Southport manager, Stephen has been placed on the transfer list and the club expect a fee for him.

I'm sure I speak for the majority on SVs in wishing Stephen all the best.

Whichever black cat crossed his path should be shot!

ALSO Mellow Yellow seems to be confident that we will be selling CB to Stockport for £175K.
Last edited by Christies Child on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Drench transfer listed

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:41 pm

has he not only jus joined them as well good luck to him anyway
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:29 pm

So Liam Watson doesn't think that Stephen Drench is good enough for Southport??? Bloody hell, what's the lad to do?

Good luck Drenchy, hope he gets a settled position soon. Did we release him or let him go to Southport for free? Sell on clause perhaps?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Raeyes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Surely Drench is the best Keeper at conference North level? I think Southporth might be doing him a favour. He proved when at Morecambe that he can be a consistent performer at the level above where the sandgrounders currently lie.

It would be a big mistake if we let Baker go this seaon for anything less than £250k, especially after losing Thommo.
Raeyes

Postby The Red Knight » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:29 am

I think Southport are going back to part time status and as Drench will be full time there they are probably trying to get him off the wage bill.
The Red Knight

Return to General Discussion