Lincoln City 1 v 3 Morecambe Live on Morecambe Player

Re: Lincoln City 1 v 3 Morecambe Live on Morecambe Player

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Christies Child wrote:
marky wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote:Stanners goal was a screamer (the sort he usually does for fun in the warm ups :lol: ). It looked as though it was going well over then suddenly seemed to take a vicious dip into the top corner. Can't wait to see it again.

According to a Lincoln fan on the football forum, it took a vicious deflection off one of their defenders...

...and on the same forum, the Imps fans can't understand why they can't beat 'a little old team called Morecambe'.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

this little old team beat pne and wolves when we moved into the league
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

well that was my first ever drive to a game!!!

easy route, with help from my sat nav, forget about that though great result and great game, it's a team who look like a play-off team and therefore i can see us doing it!!!

roll on next sat, the party really can get started if we win next sat :o :o :o
thegentlegiant

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:38 pm

marky wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote:Stanners goal was a screamer (the sort he usually does for fun in the warm ups :lol: ). It looked as though it was going well over then suddenly seemed to take a vicious dip into the top corner. Can't wait to see it again.

According to a Lincoln fan on the football forum, it took a vicious deflection off one of their defenders...

Ah. That could explain the strange flight of the ball. We were about as far away as you could get so didn't pick up on the deflection. We deserve that bit of luck we seemed to get today, but still a hard working and deserved success.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:38 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:well that was my first ever drive to a game!!!

easy route, with help from my sat nav, forget about that though great result and great game, it's a team who look like a play-off team and therefore i can see us doing it!!!

roll on next sat, the party really can get started if we win next sat :o :o :o

bring it on were on fire :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Pretty sure Stanners' deflected off Jevons - such a big deflection he even tried to claime it at first!

My dad was pretty much in line and reckoned Mullin's was well over, the keeper scooping it out.

Thought we laboured a bit to be honest today against a team that again (like at our place) looked very weak. Nothing at all in midfield, shaky at the back and ineffective up front.

It was crying out for a couple of changes just before they scored. I'd have taken Wayne off (yeah, I know!) and Hackney and brought on two of Duffy, Hunter and Wainwright just to liven it up and give them something to think about.

But.... whatever!

Another great three points from a never-say-die team. Cracking effort.

Mossy filled in well, Wilson was alert, Stanners never stopped running and I thought Mullin had a cracking game. Jevo off the boil again. Wayne looks better coming on late as an impact player to me. Hackney looks like he's got all the attributes but still hasn't taken a defender on in all the games he's been with us.

Still, like Sammy says it's a squad game and they've nearly all played their part in one way or another.

Another exciting run-in as a Morecambe fan!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 am

shrimper wrote:Pretty sure Stanners' deflected off Jevons - such a big deflection he even tried to claime it at first!

My dad was pretty much in line and reckoned Mullin's was well over, the keeper scooping it out.

Thought we laboured a bit to be honest today against a team that again (like at our place) looked very weak. Nothing at all in midfield, shaky at the back and ineffective up front.

It was crying out for a couple of changes just before they scored. I'd have taken Wayne off (yeah, I know!) and Hackney and brought on two of Duffy, Hunter and Wainwright just to liven it up and give them something to think about.

But.... whatever!

Mossy filled in well, Wilson was alert, Stanners never stopped running and I thought Mullin had a cracking game. Jevo off the boil again. Wayne looks better coming on late as an impact player to me. Hackney looks like he's got all the attributes but still hasn't taken a defender on in all the games he's been with us.

Still, like Sammy says it's a squad game and they've nearly all played their part in one way or another.

I must have been at different games to you Glen.... :o

BUT he does get crosses into the box which is what he was brought to do.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:52 am

Well it wasn't pretty and def not one for the neutralsa very scrappy game.

The first half neither team could put a pass together and luckily Lincoln were as bad as us. It was crying out for someone to get their foot on it and start trying to control the game and pass it about.

The second half wasn't really much better however the thing about this game is that we took our chances when we had them something which we don't normally do. Stanners goal came from trying to have a shot at goal another things which we don't do.

At 1v1 I thought that was going to be a fair result as baz made an excellant save in the first half and neither team looked like going on to win it.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Christies Child wrote:
shrimper wrote:Pretty sure Stanners' deflected off Jevons - such a big deflection he even tried to claime it at first!

But.... whatever!

I must have been at different games to you Glen.... :o

BUT he does get crosses into the box which is what he was brought to do.

He does, you're right and he does it well. But I look at him and see that he obviously has skill and good pace. That's why I wish he'd commit his defender more and get into the box instead of cutting back or crossing nearly every time he gets the ball.

Both he and Duffy could be more effective if they'd get into the box more and do their stuff where defenders are wary of tackling.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Previous

Return to General Discussion