Dario Gradi on Morecambe

Re: Dario Gradi on Morecambe

Postby marky » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Duffy quite clearly splits fans down the middle, even in families ;) Whenever I've seen Duffy I've always been impressed. He single-handedly won us a replay at Carlisle, for example. The members of my family who I speak to most regularly (and who watch every home game) more often than not agree that he's a good player. Yet there are other family members who just don't like him :p
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:19 am

Duffs is a young lad who is still learning his trade and is relatively new to the rigours of L2 football. I think he's definitely improved this season and is now worth his place in the starting line up. He was also criticised earlier this season for lacking pace. I can only imagine he's worked hard on that because he definitely looks quicker now. Yes he sometimes makes wrong decisions (as earlier stated don't we all)! However he is still improving and I for one now think he's become an effective player for us, whereas earlier this season I personally doubted he was up to L2 standard.

What was evident again yesterday is that there are still a number on the North Stand who don't like him and rant and rave every time something doesn't come off for him. The vibes I got from a few when he was subbed yesterday was that they were happy to see him go off. Cut the lad some slack for Gods sake :x
Burnley Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:52 am

He just needs to improve his final ball he tends to hold onto it for to long and try and do another spectacular run when he should have already passed or cross it and then ends up giving possesion away.

That's what happened for the goal he should have put the cross in earlier. However we then seemed to show signs of the old problem of when teams run at us with pace we get caught out on the break.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:21 am

Just wish at times that he would cross the ball without trying to take his man (men as yesterday ;) ) on. An early cross can make a world of difference 'cause it sometimes means that defenders don't have time to pick up their man.

It's becoming more and more a regular thing in both Premiership and Championship games.

So made up for PJ that he scored. Will have done his confidence a world of good.

Replayed the game from Sky Sports news over and over and am still not convinced that AP deserved a red card.

Until they capitulated I thought Crewe were one of the best sides seen at CP this season. Donaldson has that pace that we could do with.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:23 am

Even if it was just a run of the mill foul, as last man the referee had no other option but to send him off.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Don't think Parrish deserved to be sent off but the referee has to go by the rules
heysham_mfc

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Christies Child wrote:Donaldson has that pace that we could do with.

So help me if we sign that idiot. He thinks he is Drogba both on and off the ball. Loved his dive when Wilson 'tackled' him he injured himself from throwing himself to the floor. What a ******************************...
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:What was evident again yesterday is that there are still a number on the North Stand who don't like him and rant and rave every time something doesn't come off for him. The vibes I got from a few when he was subbed yesterday was that they were happy to see him go off. Cut the lad some slack for Gods sake :x

Had to come off yesterday. Whether people love him or not as a winger, a defender he definitely isn't. When Andy Parrish went off suddenly Duffs was right back and he was lost. Ultimately Wayne's barnstorming performance on the right was what changed the game. Jury still out on Duffs who has great feet but no pace. Not too bothered about Hackney though, Lawrence was better attacking up and down the left and with both Islington and Duffs in the side we look lightweight.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Donaldson has that pace that we could do with.

So help me if we sign that idiot. He thinks he is Drogba both on and off the ball. Loved his dive when Wilson 'tackled' him he injured himself from throwing himself to the floor. What a ******************************...

People calling him a w***** doesn't make him a bad player. I thought he was awesome and two good goals. Would love to see him play for us but is easily a good League 1 striker.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Previous

Return to General Discussion