Dario Gradi and Crewe fans.

Dario Gradi and Crewe fans.

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:28 am

Just how fickle can some fans be?

Reading the Crewe forum Gradi has been vilified with some clown describing him as senile.

Is this the same Gradi who managed Crewe for over 20 years turning them from a lower league club to a very competitive Championship club and produced a conveyor belt of young talent from their youth ranks. The guy has stepped back into the breach to assist them and to be honest I thought for 85 minutes yesterday they looked a lot better than the (non Gradi managed) Crewe team we faced at Gresty Road earlier this season. I thought for a long time that Dario Gradi was Crewe Alexandra FC but he seems to command little respect anymore for all he's done for them.

Hang your heads in shame any Crewe fan who has the nerve to criticize (or not defend) a man who must surely be an all time legend around those parts.
Burnley Shrimp

Re: Dario Gradi and Crewe fans.

Postby NeilG » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:25 am

Dario Gradi is hugely respected by most professional people in football and by most fans too but sadly not by our own "get back in your box" man. I was told to sit down by a steward yesterday for telling him to 'shut up' (I sit on the back row) :roll: this is the same guy who shouts at all visiting coaches and managers including Keith Alexander not too long ago. When is it going to stop ? I hope that guy and the said steward (who sits next to him) decide to give us all a break at the new stadium.
Last edited by NeilG on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeilG

Postby the stowford press » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 am

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!
the stowford press

Postby NeilG » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:29 am

the stowford press wrote:ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!

:?: :roll:
NeilG

Postby glagys » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:40 am

Dario Gradi is hugely respected by most professional people in football and by most fans too but sadly not by our own "get back in your box" man. I was told to sit down by a steward yesterday for telling him to 'shut up' (I sit on the back row) this is the same guy who shouts at all visiting coaches and managers including Keith Alexander not too long ago. When is it going to stop ? I hope that guy and the said steward (who sits next to him) decide to give us all a break at the new stadium, because if he's sat anywhere near me I will doing something about it

i saw you complain and to be honest i thought you were just being a bit childish
as a supporter you pays your money and have a right to shout at the other teams and most of the visiting coaches take it in their stride,
the bloke you talk of is always very loud but not abusive so i cannot really see what a steward can do about it or your reason to complain
whats the game coming to when supporters cannot shout and barrack the opposition players and staff

if the shouting is too much i suggest your saturday afternoons are spent in the libary
glagys

Postby NeilG » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:43 am

Thank you for your support ;)
NeilG

Postby the stowford press » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:46 am

naughty naughty neily,the last bit of your post was removed u sly old fox
the stowford press

Postby NeilG » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:48 am

the stowford press wrote:naughty naughty neily,the last bit of your post was removed u sly old fox

we all make mistakes :D
NeilG

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:34 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:Just how fickle can some fans be?

Reading the Crewe forum Gradi has been vilified with some clown describing him as senile.

Is this the same Gradi who managed Crewe for over 20 years turning them from a lower league club to a very competitive Championship club and produced a conveyor belt of young talent from their youth ranks. The guy has stepped back into the breach to assist them and to be honest I thought for 85 minutes yesterday they looked a lot better than the (non Gradi managed) Crewe team we faced at Gresty Road earlier this season. I thought for a long time that Dario Gradi was Crewe Alexandra FC but he seems to command little respect anymore for all he's done for them.

Hang your heads in shame any Crewe fan who has the nerve to criticize (or not defend) a man who must surely be an all time legend around those parts.

Dario Gradi was in charge as caretaker when we won 2-1 there this season.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Splodge » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:44 am

And he was getting booed then!
Splodge

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:50 am

NeilG wrote:Dario Gradi is hugely respected by most professional people in football and by most fans too but sadly not by our own "get back in your box" man. I was told to sit down by a steward yesterday for telling him to 'shut up' (I sit on the back row) :roll: this is the same guy who shouts at all visiting coaches and managers including Keith Alexander not too long ago. When is it going to stop ? I hope that guy and the said steward (who sits next to him) decide to give us all a break at the new stadium.

Neil have you ever wondered why the guy does this?

Could it be that when an opposition manager / coach tries to shout instructions to his team that the guy shouts so loud as to try and outshout the opposition official?

Suggest you take a note when he does it v Rotherham this Saturday. ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Lickle Jen Shrimp » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:55 am

To be honest that guy makes me chuckle!!! The torquay manager was getting annoyed at him when he was "moreeeeeeeeeeeeeecambe" like a fog horn! <3 it!!! haha I think i heard you do a " shuuuuuut up" in the same voice? I thought he was shouting a lot less yesterday IMO :D
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecambe :)
Lickle Jen Shrimp

Postby NeilG » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:23 am

Neil have you ever wondered why the guy does this?

Could it be that when an opposition manager / coach tries to shout instructions to his team that the guy shouts so loud as to try and outshout the opposition official?

Suggest you take a note when he does it v Rotherham this Saturday. ;)

I actually bumped into the guy for a chat in JB's once after a match and and he explained to me why he shouts Moooorrreeeecaaaambe in that way, he is actually a very amiable and dare I say likeable lad, it's just the way he berates visiting staff that makes it all a bit cringe worthy and embarrassing at times.
I showed myself up yesterday by getting involved, shouting a big mouth down by being a big mouth myself wasn't really very clever approach so I apologise to the steward and glagys and anyone else who was in earshot of my petulance, I'm passionate about our football club and get carried away sometimes. Behind the goals for me at the Globe I think :oops:
NeilG

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:34 am

NeilG wrote:I showed myself up yesterday by getting involved, shouting a big mouth down by being a big mouth myself wasn't really very clever approach so I apologise to the steward and glagys and anyone else who was in earshot of my petulance, I'm passionate about our football club and get carried away sometimes. Behind the goals for me at the Globe I think :oops:

So it was you was it! Never seen (heard) you lose control before! :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Aal » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I always regret it when I hear opposition managers/players getting abuse (why did Donaldson get so much stick??). Personally I have a lot of respect for people like Gradi and Alexander who serve their clubs so well...
The man with the loud voice is very irritating IMO, but as long as he is not racist or homophobic, he can say what he wants ;)
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Aal wrote:I always regret it when I hear opposition managers/players getting abuse (why did Donaldson get so much stick??). Personally I have a lot of respect for people like Gradi and Alexander who serve their clubs so well...
The man with the loud voice is very irritating IMO, but as long as he is not racist or homophobic, he can say what he wants ;)

Donaldson got that stick on Friday because he was the player for York City who Drench collided with in the play-offs when Drenchy broke his bone(collar?).
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:24 pm

He was, but as Mark rightly pointed out, it was kinda Drench's fault, though he did prevent a probable goal through his actions.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 pm

shoutyman totally rocks :!: :!:

most people in the stand love his rants :lol: :lol:

my fave is , get back in yer box :lol:

i saw what you deleted neilg :roll:

Keep up the good work shoutyman :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby NeilG » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:42 pm

i saw what you deleted neilg

What I deleted was "or i'll do something about it" which in the context of my post could have been misconstrued as a threat. I'll do something about it means buying a terrace season ticket next year and leave the seating area for the shoutyman fan club. Man alive, even an apology isn't enough for some people :(
NeilG

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 am

Keep digging, its about 2 miles to the new west stand :lol:

MOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRCAMMMMMMMMBBBE :lol: :lol: :lol:

BIT SAD COMPLAINING TO THE STEWARD BTW :roll: :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:28 am

morecambe mick wrote:
Aal wrote:I always regret it when I hear opposition managers/players getting abuse (why did Donaldson get so much stick??). Personally I have a lot of respect for people like Gradi and Alexander who serve their clubs so well...

Donaldson got that stick on Friday because he was the player for York City who Drench collided with in the play-offs when Drenchy broke his bone(collar?).

Or, it was Chris Blackburn's fault for nudging Donaldson (fouling Donaldson) and shoving him in to Drench?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Fury » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:40 am

Keith wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:

Or, it was Chris Blackburn's fault for nudging Donaldson (fouling Donaldson) and shoving him in to Drench?

Or was it Craig Stanley's fault for the feeble tackle just moments before when York began the counter-attack?
The Fury

Postby Mark S » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:44 am

Or it was Keiths fault for not shouting "look out Drenchy" when he had the perfect view of what was happening.

Either way I dont think it was Donaldson's fault.

The shouty man is marmite. You either love him or hate him. I think it is funny when he shouts 'Back in your box' or 'Mooooorecaaaaaambe'. Thats within the rules. I dont like it when he gets angry and personal. Allthough I must admit to shouting at the liner (in a non abusive way) to tell him he had missed an offside.

I saw what Neil was saying to the steward as " We are stood up, yes, but we are at the back, we do it every week and its not usually a problem, anyway its a bit rich when you sit next to the shouty bloke who abuses the officials and management and say nothing to him."

I saw where he was coming from. If you are going to apply rules to the letter, apply them consistently.

What I must also point out and I would bet my car on the fact, is I reckon that B got an instruction on her radio from someone else to go and ask the guys to sit down.

Great match though wasnt it? :lol:
Mark S

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:23 am

heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:11 am

Mark S wrote:Or it was Keiths fault for not shouting "look out Drenchy" when he had the perfect view of what was happening.

Either way I dont think it was Donaldson's fault.

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

heysham_mfc wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNX57uTRXyQ

I didn't have a perfect view and didn't see Blackburn's involvement until later on TV. If you keep your eye on Blackburn in the clip here, especially in the slow-motion replay, you'll see Blackburn isn't looking at the ball or Drench, just at fouling Donaldson. With the benefit of replays, I think the correct decision would have been a free kick and a red card for Blackburn. As it happened, I thought penalty and red card for Drench. As it is, we deserved a little bit of luck! Either way, it wasn't Donaldson's fault.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion