Apologies to unhappy coach passengers

Apologies to unhappy coach passengers

Postby Spitfire » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 pm

I have borrowed this username as I am not registered with shrimpsvoices. I am sure after last night you all remember me. Im Michelle who ran the coach to Nottingham Forrest for Garry. Unfortunately there were quite a few problems concerning this trip. I personally want to say sorry to anyone it affected. The coach company concerned have taken the matter very seriously and appropriate action has been taken with the driver concerned. I do not want to go into any other details of a the meeting I had between myself and the coach company this morning as you all will be personally contacted by Garry or myself in the next few days. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks
Michelle
Spitfire

Re: Apologies to unhappy coach passengers

Postby craigpod » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:47 pm

After Michelle had a meeting with Travellers Choice this morning an agreement was made which should hopefully suit all parties.There were a number of issues raised on the night which we think have been resolved.

Please don`t criticise Travellers Choice as they have been more than helpful.We`d all like the beauty of hindsight but we don`t have that luxury!!!

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Peter Allchin.
craigpod

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Please don't feel the need to apologise Michelle, don't hold you responsible at all, or for that matter Travellers Choice!
The only person who should be apologising is the driver himself. Never had a problem before with T.C. and would have no problem using them again in the future.
Many thanks.
Dave.
Moose

Postby hunter8 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:50 pm

i agree fully that tc was not to blame it was an isolated incident and tc acted in a fully professional manner the driver was to blame and nobody else. i spoke to the md of tc today and he was beside himself about the situation please dont blame them
hunter8

Postby hunter8 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:55 pm

just for the record my wife and two children were on that coach and were terrrified but i hold no grudge against the company, ive travelled with tc many times with no problems GL Morecambe 08 09 season
hunter8

Postby Phoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm sorry but TC are simply running a damage limitation exercise. The accident at CP and having to wait for another coach to bring his glasses, if correct, should have triggered management questions. If things had been worse, thankfully all are safe, TC would be looking at corporate responsibility.
Phoenix

Postby mel mfc sis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:14 pm

michelle dont feel sorry for the incident last night. you werent to blame at all and neither are the company. it was purely the driver and i have never had any problems with T.C before. they did well to send out another driver when asked to do so and i believe have been very helpful today
mel mfc sis

Postby chrise27007 Mk2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Word on our coach was , that the driver stopped and jumped on another coach..
Is that true?

Oh dear :oops:
chrise27007 Mk2

Postby Splodge » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 pm

Phoenix wrote:I'm sorry but TC are simply running a damage limitation exercise. The accident at CP and having to wait for another coach to bring his glasses, if correct, should have triggered management questions. If things had been worse, thankfully all are safe, TC would be looking at corporate responsibility.

Especially considering Fraser Eagle are getting a kicking on here for an unprofessional driver - who was at least didn't try and mate his coach with an HGV.
Splodge

Postby LancasterGuardian » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:13 am

I am writing a story on this for the Lancaster Guardian and would appreciate it if anyone who was on the coach could get in touch to tell us about it. Please give me a call on 01524 32525 or drop me a line with a number I can contact you on at rob.devey@lancasterguardian.co.uk
Many thanks, Rob Devey, Chief Reporter
LancasterGuardian

Postby craigpod » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:28 am

As a family orientated organisation we feel loathe to apportion blame to Traveller's Choice over the near-miss incidents last Wednesday. A re-numeration package hopefully suitable to all parties has been agreed with Traveller's Choice. They are also in the process of writing to all passengers on the night with a letter of apology.

We would be grateful if the night was not "sensationalised" with "out of context" comments which in our opinion serve no purpose.

Many Thanks

Peter Allchin, Michelle Helme & Garry Hocking.
craigpod

Postby Moose » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 am

craigpod wrote:As a family orientated organisation we feel loathe to apportion blame to Traveller's Choice over the near-miss incidents last Wednesday. A re-numeration package hopefully suitable to all parties has been agreed with Traveller's Choice. They are also in the process of writing to all passengers on the night with a letter of apology.

We would be grateful if the night was not "sensationalised" with "out of context" comments which in our opinion serve no purpose.

Many Thanks

Peter Allchin, Michelle Helme & Garry Hocking.

Totally agree.
Moose

Postby Phoenix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Sensationalism and out of context? What I've read on the forum is not half as sensational as the stories I've been told. Example, 8 people got a taxi home from, I think, Keele services rather than stay on the coach. Sensationalism? No, fact.

Fraser Eagle were slated on the old forum for a bad driver, no one said don't blame the company at that time. TC are getting away with this one very lightly.
Phoenix

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Phoenix wrote:Sensationalism and out of context? What I've read on the forum is not half as sensational as the stories I've been told. Example, 8 people got a taxi home from, I think, Keele services rather than stay on the coach. Sensationalism? No, fact.

Fraser Eagle were slated on the old forum for a bad driver, no one said don't blame the company at that time. TC are getting away with this one very lightly.

Im totally with Peter, Michelle and Gary on this one.
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Phoenix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Were you on the TC coach? No

Absolutely correct so I don't know what the re-numeration package is nor do I know whether anyone who accepts it is being asked not to discuss it or the incident.

Yes, so given they are bending over backwards to keep us happy and that it was the actions of the driver that were at fault what would be the point in dragging tc's name through the papers?

If someone had been injured then you and your solicitors would be going straight for Travellers Choice. They know that which is why they are bending over backwards.

I haven't heard anyone sensationalise Wednesday's events nor has anything I've heard, facts, been out of context.

((The message to which I replied and quoted has since been deleted))
Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:03 pm

And going to the paper with our stories will achieve what exactly?
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Phoenix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:08 pm

I've no idea, I haven't mentioned the papers.

I'd be surprised if it didn't make one paper with a journalist sat on the second row of the coach.
Phoenix

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:14 pm

wouldn't it be better if people went to the police and were prepared to give a statement? Traffic police will take action if complainants are prepared to stand up and be counted. It sounds to me like this guy, for what ever reasons, should not be driving for a living. If people choose to go to the press instead of the police, I hope they consider how they would feel if the driver goes on to kill someone.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bean » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 pm

i still don't get why he nearly crashed into that HGV

someone said he was txting, and someone else said he was asleep, but whatever he was doing, did he not think how dangerous he was?

and how does someone drive 30 miles before they realise they need their glasses?

i too fully blame that t**t of a driver
Bean

Postby Phoenix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:16 pm

The only person quoted in the Visitor's article (tomorrow's paper, page 2) is Peter Allchin.
Phoenix

Postby shrimper » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:36 pm

To avoid any possible confusion - I approached Peter for a comment for our story (as one of the trip organisers), it wasn't the other way around.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby D-EZ » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:27 am

Hmmm only half the story seems to be graspped here. Please can someone explain the whole situation and what actually happened because theres many rumours? Many thanks.
D-EZ

Postby Moose » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:06 am

D-EZ wrote:Hmmm only half the story seems to be graspped here. Please can someone explain the whole situation and what actually happened because theres many rumours? Many thanks.

What has needed to be said, has been said.
Unless you were on the coach..... (which you weren't) and you witnessed exactly what happened.....and you are saying the people that got back on the coach had a deathwish?.....
(no fault to the people who got he taxis - fair play if that's how you were feeling!) go on, half the story?.....
Moose

Postby Aspers » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:45 am

Thank God, Allah, Jehova and all the others no one was hurt.

I am really intrigued now, So come on the whole story please.

I don't mind the odd bit of sensationalism.
Aspers

Postby wijit » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:01 am

Moose wrote:
D-EZ wrote:Hmmm only half the story seems to be graspped here. Please can someone explain the whole situation and what actually happened because theres many rumours? Many thanks.

What has needed to be said, has been said.

This is clearly not correct. unless the truth is told, and in full then the rumours could make the existing situation worse.
Keith is the only one on this thread who has said anything like what should happen. Newspapers are fine, but don't solve anything. tell those who can make a difference, keep you concience clear and avoid worse than whatever did happen from happening.
wijit

Next

Return to General Discussion