Shots fans not a happy bunch (well a few of them)

Shots fans not a happy bunch (well a few of them)

Postby forces shrimp » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Just been looking threw the aldershot fans forum www.shotsweb.co.uk (sorry couldn't get the link to work) and there is a few kicking up a right fuss over the fact that they will not be allocated any seats for the match and that the last christie park program ever will cost £8. Most of there fans have been more than reasonable by saying ''that this is there day as it is there last game at christie park and we should respect there wishes'' or words to that effect. Most of there fans are worried about ticket allocation as well but if there in the playoffs or not i dont think they would fill the away end any way, no disrespect to any of them just that it's a long trip[ to be making.

what do you think?
forces shrimp

Re: Shots fans not a happy bunch (well a few of them)

Postby John L » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 pm

I think they're fortunate that they have over a month to get used to the idea!
John L

Postby ockers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 am

ockers

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:09 am

The programme is only going to cost eight quid!!!

that explains why hospitality is so cheap on the final day at £100 for a meal, and a programme

we are too soft on our fans :lol: :lol:

seriously thinking about giving it a miss.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 am

Our nearest and dearest don't provide seating to away fans.....

I'm usually a considerate sort of old git who thinks of others, but on this occassion I'm totally in agreement with our decision not to allocate any seating to the Shots. What's the point in giving them the usual area in Block A if they will be unable to fill it with their supporters when we can fill the entire stand with our own in addition to the number of guests who will be in attendance.

Even if the result depends on whether Aldershot or ourselves for that matter gain a play off place, I doubt that there will be 980 Shot fans at the game.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:04 pm

whats block A hold anyway about 200 max
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:43 pm

It appears that we are not breaking any rules by not giving Aldershot any seats, but it does seem a bit strange that there isn't a requirement for a minimum amount of seats to be provided for away supporters in the rules.
steve mfc

Postby Mike Blackstone » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm

I can't see the problem with the programme being £8. if you look at other clubs who have moved grounds in recent years, all have produced a special programme/magazine to mark a bit of history that cannot be repeated. A real collectors item, and knowing Sean it will be worth every penny. I've ordered a couple of copies, plus the book, even though - let's face it - I'm not an out and out Shrimps fan - but purely as a collector. If I were a Shots fan, I would certainly want a copy to marl my last ever visit to Christie.
Mike Blackstone

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:52 pm

steve mfc wrote:It appears that we are not breaking any rules by not giving Aldershot any seats, but it does seem a bit strange that there isn't a requirement for a minimum amount of seats to be provided for away supporters in the rules.

When we played Away at Aldershot this season there were no seats for away fans so how can they complain about when other clubs don't offer seating for away supporters!
Would understand if it was just a normal game but for us (and possibly Aldershot) it is a massive game in our history so if we can get a couple hundred more by giving all the Main Stand to home supporters then so be it.
As for the program it's a one off and will be a collectors item i'm sure it will be a great read!
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:07 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
steve mfc wrote:It appears that we are not breaking any rules by not giving Aldershot any seats, but it does seem a bit strange that there isn't a requirement for a minimum amount of seats to be provided for away supporters in the rules.

When we played Away at Aldershot this season there were no seats for away fans so how can they complain about when other clubs don't offer seating for away supporters!
Would understand if it was just a normal game but for us (and possibly Aldershot) it is a massive game in our history so if we can get a couple hundred more by giving all the Main Stand to home supporters then so be it.
As for the program it's a one off and will be a collectors item i'm sure it will be a great read!

I was really talking about the general situation of the football league not making it mandatory to allocate a certain amount of seats to away supporters, there must be a lot of people who would find it difficult to stand and watch a full game be it old age or some physical ailment, especially when we live in this politically correct society where everyone's needs are supposed to be taken into consideration. Then you get Accy having to increase their seats to 2,000 this year to comply with the rules and ending up with that abomination in the home end yet none of these need to be for away supporters, just seems like they have got their priorities wrong.
steve mfc

Postby ockers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm

Mike Blackstone wrote:I can't see the problem with the programme being £8. if you look at other clubs who have moved grounds in recent years, all have produced a special programme/magazine to mark a bit of history that cannot be repeated. A real collectors item, and knowing Sean it will be worth every penny. I've ordered a couple of copies, plus the book, even though - let's face it - I'm not an out and out Shrimps fan - but purely as a collector. If I were a Shots fan, I would certainly want a copy to marl my last ever visit to Christie.

thanks for the kind words mike
fingers crossed it comes out as we would like
cheers sean
ockers

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 pm

could there not be a standard programme of the final match printed alongside the deluxe edition, so people in the real world can have a real memo of the day,as well, are pies etc all quadrupling in price for the day :?:

I am in no way knocking the sale of, what i am sure will be a quality item, but a reality check is needed to cater for fans on a budget!
mrpotatohead

Postby ockers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:56 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:could there not be a standard programme of the final match printed alongside the deluxe edition, so people in the real world can have a real memo of the day,as well, are pies etc all quadrupling in price for the day :?:

I am in no way knocking the sale of, what i am sure will be a quality item, but a reality check is needed to cater for fans on a budget!

People in the real world????? how patronsising...........
Our fans have had a seasons notice on the price of the last match programme
real fans will have no hesitation buying them up unlike yourself who keeps pulling this club to bits
if i were you i would get behind everything the club is doing
and stop being so negative
ockers

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:22 am

As a paying fan i have every right to an opinion, the players and management are not the ones setting the price of the programmes, or charging season ticket holders to get in the last game, 1700 fans last week says it all about what people will stand.
mrpotatohead

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:36 am

mrpotatohead wrote:As a paying fan i have every right to an opinion, the players and management are not the ones setting the price of the programmes, or charging season ticket holders to get in the last game, 1700 fans last week says it all about what people will stand.

Season ticket holders do NOT have to pay to get into the last game of the season !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:18 am

mrpotatohead wrote:As a paying fan i have every right to an opinion, the players and management are not the ones setting the price of the programmes, or charging season ticket holders to get in the last game, 1700 fans last week says it all about what people will stand.

You have SHOT yourself in the proverbials there matey, so I presume as a season ticket holder you will be there?

Come on it's a one off VERY special occasion, so wind your taproots in!! ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby NeilG » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:44 am

When we played Away at Aldershot this season there were no seats for away fans

Wrong !

I was there too, and so was the taxi driver with Tourette-syndrome, he was seated in the stand to our left presenting himself in his usual manner, that's how I know we were allocated seats. I'm not defending Aldershot, blimey, they have some neck having a swipe at us, I nearly had a friggin heart attack trying to get up that hill in time for kick off first time I went there :lol: (maybe ask those Darlinton fans about Shots stewarding and their hospitality too :shock: )

Anyway, I've got friends coming up from Hampshire for the weekend, one of the lads is a wheelchair user and having contacted our club on his behalf they assured me that wheelchair access to the Umbro stand is fine, he can be driven right up to the turnstiles no problem and watch the match with his mates.

Finally, regarding £8 for the final day program, again simple choice, if you don't want one then don't buy one but don't be beating Ockers up about it because I can guarantee that he will have been working his backside off night and day to make it something really special.
NeilG

Postby Posh » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am

Stick them on the Car Wash and charge them £22.

Oops sorry I'm getting confused with Gillingham.

OK then shove them in a narrow strip of seating (only choice) with room for less than 100 then stick a length of tape between two seats so your actually sitting next to opposition fans and call it segregation.

Oops sorry that's Exeter City.

Or just close the terrace, give them less than 300 seats and charge them at the highest price possible preferably with no child concessions.

Oops sorry that's at least a dozen League 2 clubs.

Aldershot fans will got a covered terrace with good catering for just £13. It'll be one of the best deals they get all season and a very special day. Surely there is nothing to complain about that. If they want to sit there's the top step at either end of the terrace just bring a cushion.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Mike Blackstone » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:11 pm

No wonder I like non-league football - no segregation in the vast majority of cases. No stewards. Watching Football as it should be, Plenty of banter between rival fans, in the bar and on the terraces. Stand and go wherever you want. That is how football was in the late 1950s when I first went to games.

Having said all of that, I'll be on the Car Wash tomorrow! Hopefully at a North West Counties League fixture somewhere on Saturday.
Mike Blackstone

Postby Andy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Oh yes there were as my daughter and 2 Margate fans who came with me and sat there, and the lady steward was very helpful and polite in looking after them ! I have a photo to prove it but I'm buggered if I can get it to download onto here !!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:29 pm

opps my mistake though it was just standing at Aldershot :oops:
heysham_mfc

Postby Andy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:35 pm

People in the real world????? how patronsising...........
Our fans have had a seasons notice on the price of the last match programme
real fans will have no hesitation buying them up unlike yourself who keeps pulling this club to bits
if i were you i would get behind everything the club is doing
and stop being so negative

Sean, if I can afford to make the long journey from here in Kent I would gladly pay the £8 for the program, what with todays inflated fuel prices etc for me just to make the match would be around about £110 then theres me beers etc !!!!!!
Hopefully I'll be there (I'm working on it)
Andy
If only I could contact Sean in Dover !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back on the spanners
Andy

Return to General Discussion