jh,twissy,adams etc

jh,twissy,adams etc

Postby al1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 pm

stalybridge 3-0 down at half time at droylsden tonight,will be 4th loss in a row i think! also sean o'connor to come out of retirement to play for qos again.anyone know how many games he played for us?
al1

Re: jh,twissy,adams etc

Postby mellow » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:09 pm

jh is regarded as the devil at staly at present.

He took a decent team and then threw in a few of his own lads in place of the regulars and it has unravelled. Team spirit is awful, tactically they're a mess, and twiss looks ready for the knackers yard.

Its a shame really as Jimmy doesn't appear to be taking it at all seriously
mellow

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm

WE know that Twissy and Adams are good players. We also know that JH is a fine coach.

Unfortunately Stalybridge fans think differently.

Sad really for all 3 of them.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mellow » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Having seen them recently, I think the've signed the wrong players at the wrong time.

Twiss is less effective than Phil Eastwood.
mellow

Postby marky » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Christies Child wrote:WE know that Twissy and Adams are good players. We also know that JH is a fine coach.

Please don't think to speak for all Morecambe fans, not all of whom think the light shines out of Harvey's posterior! If he was as good as some make out, he wouldn't be presently managing a Conference North team.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Sean o connor is already back playing....for annan athletic in scottish division 3
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 am

marky wrote:
Christies Child wrote:WE know that Twissy and Adams are good players. We also know that JH is a fine coach.

Please don't think to speak for all Morecambe fans, not all of whom think the light shines out of Harvey's posterior! If he was as good as some make out, he wouldn't be presently managing a Conference North team.

I said COACH not MANAGER...
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:31 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:Sean o connor is already back playing....for annan athletic in scottish division 3

No he was on trial at Annan, then he went on trial back at QOS, he has played a couple of cameo roles coming off the bench but is hoping to get offered a contract (at least till the end of the season). What happened was that after retirement he took some time out because his knee was gubbed. He went to the doctors to see if he could have a kick a bout with the kids and the doc said he could go back full time, the knee is better than we expected.

As for Harvey, I'm still a big fan, what he did for this club was excellent. But I agree that if he was as good as some think he would be in a higher league. He took us as far as he could and I thank him for that.
Heysham_red

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 am

Christies Child wrote:I said COACH not MANAGER...

you said "WE" and not "I". I think that is more to the point.
Heysham_red

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 am

Heysham_red wrote:
Fgh shrimp wrote:Sean o connor is already back playing....for annan athletic in scottish division 3

No he was on trial at Annan, then he went on trial back at QOS, he has played a couple of cameo roles coming off the bench but is hoping to get offered a contract (at least till the end of the season). What happened was that after retirement he took some time out because his knee was gubbed. He went to the doctors to see if he could have a kick a bout with the kids and the doc said he could go back full time, the knee is better than we expected.

As for Harvey, I'm still a big fan, what he did for this club was excellent. But I agree that if he was as good as some think he would be in a higher league. He took us as far as he could and I thank him for that.

:?: :?: :?:

;)
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 am

I am not going to get into an argument about this because its petty and i haven't assumed i talk for all Morecambe fans by saying that all Morecambe fans think Jim Harvey is a good coach/manager/Football Management Consultant.

the we i have quoted was a quote from Sean in the Metro (Scotland) article that i am getting this information from. "The doctor told me the knee was better than we expected"

hope that clears things up.
Heysham_red

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 am

Heysham_red wrote:I am not going to get into an argument about this because its petty and i haven't assumed i talk for all Morecambe fans by saying that all Morecambe fans think Jim Harvey is a good coach/manager/Football Management Consultant.

the we i have quoted was a quote from Sean in the Metro (Scotland) article that i am getting this information from. "The doctor told me the knee was better than we expected"

hope that clears things up.

Of course it does.... :) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 am

I've always rated Steve Burr as an excellent manager at that level, he always seems to have done well with problem clubs. When Harvey 'left' the shrimps Burr was one of the coaches that I wouldn't have minded coming here. I'm surprised it has taken him this long to get to a position at a fairly stable conference club.

Harvey has his work cut out for him at Stalybridge, not only does he have a decent act to follow in Burr, the division seems to be quite competitive league with many former foes battling for promotion. I can't understand why he has brought in players now and starting changing things around. They seemed in a good position to launch a push at the play-offs (still do), you'd think that now was the perfect time to assess what he had at the club and then make changes if they were needed in the summer.

I'm fairly surprised that Twiss has not been an instant success to be honest, but think that he will come good. He is a confidence player, but I'd back Jim to get the best out of him again.
RedRedWine1

Postby NeilG » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 am

You would make a good coach CC

If they took your teeth out and put seats in :twisted:
NeilG

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:49 am

NeilG wrote:

You would make a good coach CC

If they took your teeth out and put seats in :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby marky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Christies Child wrote:I said COACH not MANAGER...

I think my point still stands. If he was as good a coach as people make out then he wouldn't be managing a Conference North side but would have been taken on permanently by a much larger club.
marky

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:48 pm

I think thats a very simplistic way to look at it, football management to me seems no different to most things in life: It's not what you know, but who you know. How on earth is Brian Laws managing in the Premiership, David Platt a football pundit, or Dean Windass a match summariser for sky sports soccer Saturday???
RedRedWine1

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Given jims health issues in 2005, and the way he left here, i think he has done well to bounce back, he is still young enough to go on to bigger and better things, i think on reflection, the chester thing will be seen as a bit of an error, but god willing, he should be able to make his mark over the next 15 years somewhere, you never know whats round the corner ;)
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I think thats a very simplistic way to look at it, football management to me seems no different to most things in life: It's not what you know, but who you know. How on earth is Brian Laws managing in the Premiership, David Platt a football pundit, or Dean Windass a match summariser for sky sports soccer Saturday???

There have been more than enough vacancies in both management and coaching in the last 4 years to convince me that Harvey isn't anything more than reasonable at his chosen occupation at a non-league level. Even with no connections, the cream will eventually rise to the top when it comes to football management. Jim Harvey has been in management for nearly 16 years. He is what he is, a semi-competant manager who will probably always do the rounds in non-league football. There is only one aspect of coaching I would say he excels and that is bringing through youth players.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:29 pm

I think that you should review your comments marky, the bloke was an excellent man at the helm for a good few years here, suffered bad health, and is making a good effort, so leave it out :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:41 pm

No, I shall continue to proclaim my belief that he is a below-average manager at best.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 am

I bet you stack your dvds in alphabetical order marky :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby ockers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 am

RedRedWine wrote:I think thats a very simplistic way to look at it, football management to me seems no different to most things in life: It's not what you know, but who you know. How on earth is Brian Laws managing in the Premiership, David Platt a football pundit, or Dean Windass a match summariser for sky sports soccer Saturday???

that made me chuckle stu
how true!!
ockers

Return to General Discussion