Morecambe Player

Morecambe Player

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:09 pm

After a lot of criticism of Player of late, I have to say that since we started to get both pre and post match interviews with the manager and players it has improved tremendously.

Still the odd wobble during match day transmission but overall a vast improvement on what we had before.

As for the commentators..... :?: :?: :?:

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Morecambe Player

Postby ockers » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 pm

as for the commentators what neil??????
ockers

Postby Dragofly » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Has the official web site recently become a subsidiary of Player? Apart from the latest Gold Bond winner it seems that all the football comment has become pay as you go.
Dragofly

Postby ockers » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Dragofly wrote:Has the official web site recently become a subsidiary of Player? Apart from the latest Gold Bond winner it seems that all the football comment has become pay as you go.

not the case look again..........

Morecambe Player a swith any club player site you subscribe to you receive audio and video and thats what youre paying a subscription for its not about the official website being a subsidiary at all
The official website still carries all the club news views and information and special features free of charge
there is plenty of material there of course and in the match programme too
ockers

Postby Dragofly » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm

ockers wrote:
not the case look again..........

The official website still carries all the club news views and information and special features free of charge
there is plenty of material there of course and in the match programme too

I just have looked again
Sammy’s reaction [pay per view]
Barry’s reaction [pay per view]
Craig’s reaction [pay per view]
Factual match report – free
Commercial update [sales pitch] – free
Gold Bond article – free
New sponsor for web site - free
Dragofly

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:24 pm

We never had the reactions on the website before so non-subscribers are not losing anything. I think they are great by the way. I subscribe to morecambe player on a monthly basis and usually cancel my subscription for months where I wont listen to commentry (due to going to the away games and obviously all the home games) but next season I might just buy the 12 month subscription now we have these videos too.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Dragofly » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:We never had the reactions on the website before so non-subscribers are not losing anything.

24/02/2010 – Sammy praises shrimps
18/02/2010 – Boss delighted with Burton win
31/01/2010 – Sammy frustrated by defeat
28/01/2010 – Sammy disappointed not to pick up three points
Etc.......
Dragofly

Postby ockers » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Dragofly wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:We never had the reactions on the website before so non-subscribers are not losing anything.

Etc.......

what are you really trying to say here??
ockers

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm

ockers wrote:
Dragofly wrote:

Etc.......

what are you really trying to say here??

its not free :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:08 pm

not subsribers to player are no9t missing out at all as there is still the same updates on the OW as there was before if you want to see more FREE atricles give this site a try:
http://fourfourtwo.com/clubs/morecambe/news.aspx
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Dragofly wrote:

Etc.......

They are videos on player, we have never had free videos before.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Morecambe Player » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Dragofly wrote:

Etc.......

What you're missing out there is that those are written reports and not audio or video content. It is that video and audio stuff which is what you subscribe to, as well as the live commentary as well. This video content is a new addition to the service, and is in keeping with other clubs which have been in the Premium TV stable for much longer. As time goes on, more content should be added making the subscription much better value.

And CC, any feedback on the commentary is welcome. But just putting question marks means nothing. Hopefully that's just a cheeky bit of fun on your part, which is perfectly fine, and possibly a back handed compliment, but if you have genuine constructive criticisms, we'd prefer it if you'd come out with it either via PM or on here, doesn't matter which.
Morecambe Player

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:02 pm

...just my stupid sence (or lack of) humour. :oops: :oops: :oops:

You guys do a bloody good job sometimes under difficult circumstances.

Keep it up.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Dragofly » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:51 pm

What you're missing out there is that those are written [really] reports and not audio or video content [what you mean that nobody has written this down]. It is that [don’t you mean this] video and audio stuff which is what you [hope to convince me too] subscribe to, as well as the live commentary as well [as well as as well no wonder you’ve stopped written reports] . This video content is a new addition to the service [FANTASTIC], and is in keeping with other clubs which have been in the Premium TV stable for much longer [are you claiming you’re keeping these clubs stable by charging their fan base for information]. As time goes on, more content should be added making the subscription much better value [you’re actually trying to sell me a subscription]
Dragofly

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:06 pm

free picture of my new baby isnt shermokituly a lovely little girl :?:
Attachments
030.jpg
030.jpg (33.25 KiB) Viewed 1191 times
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby NeilG » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:09 am

I suppose there's a very simple choice to be made here, if you don't agree with pay per view then don't subscribe to it. There are production costs involved and I personally don't think it's a sin for the people who provide the service to cover those costs.
Having said that I believe there have been a few teething problems with match day services and it might therefore be good PR not only to make refunds for undelivered services but also to make post match content available free to all supporters for the rest of this season (after an initial 48 hour period reserved for subscribers perhaps) after all how many of us have subscribed to a monthly magazine without first being able to get it off the shelf and have a quick look to see what was in it ! Don't know about anyone else but my newsagent never asked for my credit card details to do that either ;)
NeilG

Postby Dragofly » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:50 pm

I don’t have a problem with Player as such, if people want to subscribe then great. I am concerned about the official website though. The purpose of any company website is to engage with its customers (existing and potential), and in order to do this it must give the customer a reason for visiting the site in the first place. In the case of a football club this means content (opinions, hopes, previews, inquests, targets, etc..). Once you have established an emotional connection with your customer you have a better chance of retaining their loyalty in good times as well as bad.
As Heysham_mfc pointed out this content does exist if you want to scour the web looking for it (by the way I have now changed my Home Page to 442) so why doesn’t it appear on the Official Site? If the Official Site is now aimed at Player Subscribers fine but it seems a small target market to aim for.
Dragofly

Return to General Discussion