Globe latest photos

Globe latest photos

Postby Mike W. » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Globe - Photos from Friday afternoon - pitch drainage work almost done, with top materials due during this next week, air ducting, and electrical Main Stand work, with block walling continuing in the Main Stand and the Community Block (plus work on the North terrace).

All sorts of detailed, less obvious work being done that is hard to cover, but there is a mass of stuff in progress.

See http://www.globearena.co.uk

Mike W.
Mike W.

Re: Globe latest photos

Postby Mike W. » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:42 pm

Just to add my own personal extra comment - someone said the place took a while to get going, but I would only point out that Ian and I took our first pics on the site on 18 April last year, before any work started (though some vandals had destroyed the old Westgate Wanderers changing block, which I suppose could be taken as getting the job going ! ). And the first (tree clearance) work was photographed on 9 May 2009.

So we have got where we are today in only 11 months ! And that is for something that to me resembles a small town in its scale. There was a lot of preparatory effort that resulted in little being visible to the untrained eye (like mine). Certainly in those early days, there was only a small crew at work (sometimes only twenty guys or even less), because the "real" work could not be started unitl that early stuff was done, whilst now there seems to be dozens of 'em.

And I will emphasise that the pics were done by me, yes, and by Ian Lyon also (plus a few other friends along the road) without whom the job would have been overawing.

But I am starting to sound like the job is almost done - which it ain't, anywhere near, of course. Anyone got a shovel?

Mike W.
Ian L.
Mike W.

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Great to see the latest update thanks to MikeW.

Work on the pitch looks to be a muddy affair.. :lol: but would appear to be slightly ahead of the Chesterfield pitch already.

Pictures 9 and 30 show a slightly raised floor area where I suspect Ockers and Quinny along with other members of the media will be housed in their yet to be erected glass box :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby DMC » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:59 pm

What is the community block for- will it have any seating??
DMC

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, if it has apologies in advance but is there any plans for an open day to give the fans a chance to have a look round before before the first game is played.
steve mfc

Postby taz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:34 pm

DMC wrote:What is the community block for- will it have any seating??

The community block will house the changing rooms for the netball and basketball courts.It also has gym facilities for public use.There are no seats but the north terrace extends to the front of the building.
taz

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:27 pm

I have just been down this afternoon to have a look at the great big hole is massive.

Where it is I thought was going to be where the training pitch/astro turff pitch was going to be in the far corner, will this till be the case?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby taz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:55 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I have just been down this afternoon to have a look at the great big hole is massive.

Where it is I thought was going to be where the training pitch/astro turff pitch was going to be in the far corner, will this till be the case?

The area where the draining tank is will be covered and is shown in the plans as a shingle covered car park.The astro turf training pitch is adjacent to the north terrace and the netball courts are in the top right corner of the site.If you look on the stadium website you can find the overall site plans in stadium plans.
taz

Postby Mighty Red » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Looking wonderful. Great pics, thanks Ian and Mike.

Some of the pictures show what you call air conditioning ducts - I'm guessing it is actually CC's emergency escape chute.
Mighty Red

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:22 pm

thanks Mike great photos looking forward to the next couple of months exiting times :)
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Mighty Red wrote:Looking wonderful. Great pics, thanks Ian and Mike.

Some of the pictures show what you call air conditioning ducts - I'm guessing it is actually CC's emergency escape chute.

Nooooooooooooooooooo..they are to get rid of all the hot air often spouted by many on SVs.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby skyecat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Something to be proud of. a wonderful site / sight!!
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks for the regular updates Mike and Ian exciting times ahead :D :D
Blackburn shrimp

Return to General Discussion