Barry

Barry

Postby DMC » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:27 pm

What a great signing he has been- I do hope that he is a player who will be staying next year. Could have been 4:1 to them today without Barry's heroics!!
DMC

Re: Barry

Postby Christies Child » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Would be brilliant but can't see it...a move to the Championship is more probable. A great loss but wouldn't want to hold him back.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:36 pm

hope we can keep him saved us many times this season
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:16 am

My MotM today. Hope he decides to stay rather than risk it all unravelling somewhere else as it has before for him.

[edit] would point out that I didn't see the penalty incident and therefore hadn't realised Barry was lucky to still be on the pitch to make his good saves in the first place!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby DeeBee » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:08 pm

The reason Barry wasn’t MotM was that he gave away a penalty and should have been sent off. The adjudicator said after the match that it was a clearly a “goal scoring opportunity “that had been prevented. We were lucky, he was lucky!

I picked the MotM and it was between Drummy, Andy Parrish and Jimbo. I selected Drummy for his all-round performance box to box throughout the game. Most people in the sponsors lounge agreed with me, but you see a very different game in the Main Stand. Back to the North Stand on Friday. :D
DeeBee

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Because of players in the way, not only did I not know why the penalty was given, I didn't actually know who had been booked until later!

But picking Drummie as MotM, well, how often have we said the sponsors are watching a different game??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:07 pm

I thought that Mark Duffy had one of his better games in the first 45 since joining us. I'm not Mark's biggest fan, but he got my award of MoM (which means 'sod all') and am surprised that nobody has mentioned his performance yesterday.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Christies Child wrote:I thought that Mark Duffy had one of his better games in the first 45 since joining us. I'm not Mark's biggest fan, but he got my award of MoM (which means 'sod all') and am surprised that nobody has mentioned his performance yesterday.

i rate his ability. i think he just needs 1st team football to finish off his all-round game, i noticed yesterday his defending responsibility's have improved with tracking back and marking at corners

maybe thats down to Jimbo back bossing the team!
George Dawes

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Christies Child wrote:I thought that Mark Duffy had one of his better games in the first 45 since joining us. I'm not Mark's biggest fan, but he got my award of MoM (which means 'sod all') and am surprised that nobody has mentioned his performance yesterday.

Duffy was certainly a contender for me as MoM yesterday, Drummond and Bentley as well.

Duffy certainly has his critics but what i like about him is that even when things are not working for him on the pitch he still keeps trying, you get players who hide when things aren't going well but not Duffy he keeps tying to make things happen and that is the type of player that we need in the team.
steve mfc

Return to General Discussion