clean air

clean air

Postby 1953 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:33 am

if i require a visit to the gents at the back of the north stand during the half time interval, i hope this season that i will not have to walk the gauntlet of cigarette smoke caused by the pathetic dummy users that congregate there. I was under the opinion that everywhere inside the ground is now smoke free. Last year this problem was mentioned to the stewards and i was told that action would be taken.They(the druggies) were still at it towards the end of last season.If you cant wait 90 mins or so for your fix you need to see your doctor!!!
So come on stewards do your job this year please :evil:

opinions please

Re: clean air

Postby outsider » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:06 pm

as you can't hold your bladder for 90 min's i would see a doctor if i was YOU! :lol:

that is said in jest by the way
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Mark S » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:58 pm

outsider wrote:as you can't hold your bladder for 90 min's i would see a doctor if i was YOU! :lol:

that is said in jest by the way

:lol: Just put the smile back on my face.
:D
Mark S

Postby CASS » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:23 pm

1953 wrote:if i require a visit to the gents at the back of the north stand during the half time interval, i hope this season that i will not have to walk the gauntlet of cigarette smoke caused by the pathetic dummy users that congregate there. I was under the opinion that everywhere inside the ground is now smoke free. Last year this problem was mentioned to the stewards and i was told that action would be taken.They(the druggies) were still at it towards the end of last season.If you cant wait 90 mins or so for your fix you need to see your doctor!!!

opinions please

"Bog off" :|
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Curly » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:16 am

1953 wrote:if i require a visit to the gents at the back of the north stand during the half time interval, i hope this season that i will not have to walk the gauntlet of cigarette smoke caused by the pathetic dummy users that congregate there. I was under the opinion that everywhere inside the ground is now smoke free. Last year this problem was mentioned to the stewards and i was told that action would be taken.They(the druggies) were still at it towards the end of last season.If you cant wait 90 mins or so for your fix you need to see your doctor!!!

opinions please

Blah,Blah,Blah :cry:

What about the fumes from the main road? car park? Your post?
Maybe you could have a word with the stewards about that too , along with the credit crunch, high fuel bills, the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan, and why things don't taste as good as they used to...
By the way, just to pop your delusioned non smoking bubble,
NON SMOKERS DIE EVERYDAY! :o
(sleep tight :lol: )
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby 1953 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 pm

The stewards cant do anything about the fumes from the main road etc . You're obviously missing the point that certain people seem to ignore rules and laws(i assume from your pathetic reply that you are in that category).

Postby ichbeineinbarelaner » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:56 pm

not a bill hicks fan eh was gonna put some thing witty and funny here but just sighed and realised why i hate this country so much whinny little maggots as the great man said :D
ichbeineinbarelaner

Postby 1953 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 pm

if ichbeinbarelaner hates this country so much ,do us all a favour #### go!!!

Postby Voice at the back » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm not against smoking myself, I used to be a smoker.

The trouble is this is the law and if you break the law you have to pay a price. These people don't realise that if the club is found to be allowing this to happen they will have to pay the price for breaking the law as well.

I like a drink but I don't piss on your leg do I? (Not that I remember)

There is a time and a place for everything. :mrgreen:
Voice at the back

Postby CASS » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Voice at the back wrote:I'm not against smoking myself, I used to be a smoker.

The trouble is this is the law and if you break the law you have to pay a price. These people don't realise that if the club is found to be allowing this to happen they will have to pay the price for breaking the law as well.

I like a drink but I don't piss on your leg do I? (Not that I remember)

There is a time and a place for everything. :mrgreen:

Squeaky clean people ...take a good look and tell us that you don't break laws "Eh" there are a lot of them!...Ever bought a book from a car boot sale ?
CASS

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:55 pm

CASS wrote:
Squeaky clean people ...take a good look and tell us that you don't break laws "Eh" there are a lot of them!...Ever bought a book from a car boot sale ?

Ah, the "two wrongs" argument :D. Now, someone only has to mentioned the nanny state, political correctness gone mad and call someone a nazi and I can call house and claim my prize
campdave

Postby CASS » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:03 pm

campdave wrote:
CASS wrote:

Ah, the "two wrongs" argument :D. Now, someone only has to mentioned the nanny state, political correctness gone mad and call someone a nazi and I can call house and claim my prize

:D Oh ....I must stop these Afternoons in the Sausage :oops: I'am gone (For now)
CASS

Postby Number 1 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:57 pm

Why can't people grow up? 1953 has a perfectly valid point. Smoking behind the stand there is prohibited and it's the law. The club could be forced to close the ground if people are found to smoke behind there and action isn't taken to stop it.

To my mind, smokers are just selfish people, not caring about poisoning other people's air, and not caring if the club gets into trouble or not. Just so they can have their fix. It's pathetic.

If 1953 objects to this smoke, he should insist a steward does something about it, and if they don't he should report the club to the council, who will then take action if it is seen to be allowed to continue. Then these selfish smokers can have the other 2000 odd Morecambe fans to answer to when it's THEM who have the ground closed down.
Number 1

Postby Andy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Whilst I am a non smoker and I do like the idea of haveing non smoking pubs/clubs, I do not agree with non smoking in open air facilities such as football, rugby, cricket etc stadium !! for god sake THEY are open area's !!!! if you walk down the street do you tell the pedestrian to stop smoking ?
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Currey » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:24 am

Number 1 wrote:Why can't people grow up? 1953 has a perfectly valid point. Smoking behind the stand there is prohibited and it's the law. The club could be forced to close the ground if people are found to smoke behind there and action isn't taken to stop it.

To my mind, smokers are just selfish people, not caring about poisoning other people's air, and not caring if the club gets into trouble or not. Just so they can have their fix. It's pathetic.

If 1953 objects to this smoke, he should insist a steward does something about it, and if they don't he should report the club to the council, who will then take action if it is seen to be allowed to continue. Then these selfish smokers can have the other 2000 odd Morecambe fans to answer to when it's THEM who have the ground closed down.

Ummmm yes, but sadly not going to happen. Usually clubs found allowing people to smoke are fined. Doesnt really affect teh smokers. I do like the way your all saying "if you cant wait 90 mins to get your fix" end of the day people, smoking is an addiction, people in prison who are addicted to smack/coke whatever are given counciling to get off it millions of pounds spent on that, this must give you a clue that it isnt that easy to just quit.......
Currey

Postby Aspers » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 am

If I can do it, anyone can. :roll:
Aspers

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Number 1 wrote:it's the law

No it's not
Bare Ben

Postby Naylz » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

No it's not

if you looked the the ground regulations you will see quite clearly on the bottom paragraph that "Under Football League rules, smoking is not permitted inside the ground."

HOW CAN THAT NOT MAKE SENSE TO SOME PEOPLE??

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/groundregulations/0,,10866,00.html
Naylz

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Naylz wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

No it's not

if you looked the the ground regulations you will see quite clearly on the bottom paragraph that "Under Football League rules, smoking is not permitted inside the ground."

HOW CAN THAT NOT MAKE SENSE TO SOME PEOPLE??

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/groundregulations/0,,10866,00.html

Exactly, it's not against the law. It's football league rules, but it ain't illegal.
Bare Ben

Postby campdave » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Exactly, it's not against the law. It's football league rules, but it ain't illegal.

That makes it fine then.
campdave

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:31 pm

It's also fine when teams like Chester, Chesterfield, Macclesfield and even Arsenal allow you to go outside the ground or give you somewhere to smoke yet other teams are unwilling to do this. There is no arguement to this because neither side believes it to be fair that smokers have to go round the back of the north stand or nip into the bogs when no-ones looking. Until the FL allow designated areas nobody will be happy.
Bare Ben

Postby Number 1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

No it's not

On July 1st 2007, the smokefree law was introduced. It is now against the law to smoke in virtually all 'enclosed' and 'substantially enclosed' public places

Does this legislation cover sports stadiums?

Only parts of stadiums that are enclosed or substantially enclosed are required by law to be smokefree. However, many sports stadiums have decided to go beyond these requirements and become smokefree throughout. If you're in any doubt, look for the no-smoking signs or ask a member of staff.

The Football League has announced it will go smokefree in all of its grounds from the start of next season, around mid August 2007.

The move follows discussions between the league and its clubs after a survey of over 43,000 fans. Nearly 80% of supporters backed some sort of smokefree policy and 50% of all fans wanted a total ban.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/L ... 18,00.html

Therefore, all Football League grounds are smokefree, having made an undertaking to consider their stadia smokefree for the purposes of the act. It therefore IS the law.
Number 1

Postby Phoenix » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:29 pm

It's also fine when teams like Chester, Chesterfield, Macclesfield and even Arsenal allow you to go outside the ground or give you somewhere to smoke yet other teams are unwilling to do this.

Yes Ben, you're quite correct. Other teams let their supporters outside the ground for a smoke. However, what you also need to know is how the rule is applied. It's applied by the county council who manage football ground safety certificates (yes, them again).

Lancashire league football grounds have a complete smoking ban and that includes the main car park at Christie Park. That's not the clubs interpretation of the rule, that's the county council. It also explains why Accrington abide by the same interpretation of the rule as Morecambe but not Chester.

If you've got a problem with that, contact Lancashire County Council.
Phoenix

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Number 1 wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

No it's not

On July 1st 2007, the smokefree law was introduced. It is now against the law to smoke in virtually all 'enclosed' and 'substantially enclosed' public places

Does this legislation cover sports stadiums?

Only parts of stadiums that are enclosed or substantially enclosed are required by law to be smokefree. However, many sports stadiums have decided to go beyond these requirements and become smokefree throughout. If you're in any doubt, look for the no-smoking signs or ask a member of staff.

The Football League has announced it will go smokefree in all of its grounds from the start of next season, around mid August 2007.

The move follows discussions between the league and its clubs after a survey of over 43,000 fans. Nearly 80% of supporters backed some sort of smokefree policy and 50% of all fans wanted a total ban.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/L ... 18,00.html

Therefore, all Football League grounds are smokefree, having made an undertaking to consider their stadia smokefree for the purposes of the act. It therefore IS the law.

You've just summed up how it is only Football League rules and then u ended on "it's the law" :? It is not illegal because FOOTBALL GROUNDS ARE NOT, REPEAT, NOT ENCLOSED or for that matter "substantially enclosed". At what point does a ground become "substantially enclosed"?

The stats you have provided also show that:
1) "nearly 80%" (following my last point this could 40%"ish" ;) ) backed some sort of smoke free policy.

This translates to "wouldn't mind a designated area".

2) 50% of all fans wanted a total ban

This translates to "half of 'em couldn't give a toss"

I'll say it again, everyone is either for or against, this argument will not be resolved until they find some way to make everyone happy.
Bare Ben

Postby Phoenix » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:52 pm

FOOTBALL GROUNDS ARE NOT, REPEAT, NOT ENCLOSED or for that matter "substantially enclosed". At what point does a ground become "substantially enclosed"?

When the county council decide it is substantially enclosed. See my earlier message :roll:

No, it's not the law but it's the rules of the ground. Like the all-seater argument, by handing over your hard earned money to gain entry to Christie Park you are agreeing to abide by the rules.
Phoenix

Next

Return to General Discussion