Aldershot match

Re: Aldershot match

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:22 am

Christies Child wrote:
ezz wrote:I personally dont see a sell out, but will I be the one to be stupid enough to miss out on a ticket incase it is?

probably :lol:

Rather than sell tickets purley from CP why not look for outlets in the West End, Heysham etc. The greater the exposure etc.

The Morecambe/Lancaster Guardian offices in Lancaster really should be utilised a bit like the "Visitor" Office in Morecambe to sell merchandise and tickets.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:00 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
ezz wrote:I personally dont see a sell out, but will I be the one to be stupid enough to miss out on a ticket incase it is?

Rather than sell tickets purley from CP why not look for outlets in the West End, Heysham etc. The greater the exposure etc.

The Morecambe/Lancaster Guardian offices in Lancaster really should be utilised a bit like the "Visitor" Office in Morecambe to sell merchandise and tickets.

I personally think it is about time that The Visitor office removed the poster from their window advising that our next home match is against Notts County on September 19th !!!!!!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 am

Rather than sell tickets purley from CP why not look for outlets in the West End, Heysham etc. The greater the exposure etc.[/quote]

The Morecambe/Lancaster Guardian offices in Lancaster really should be utilised a bit like the "Visitor" Office in Morecambe to sell merchandise and tickets.[/quote]

I personally think it is about time that The Visitor office removed the poster from their window advising that our next home match is against Notts County on September 19th !!!!!!!![/quote]

Ingrid is not as up to speed on Morecambe FC as Shrimper !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 pm

They are under an intense amount of pressure at the moment, give them a break chaps.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Wasn't firing any grief Glen, they do a fantastic job in promoting the club via that window. It looks really superb with all the merchandise in there.

That well old poster does spoil it somewhat though you must agree ..... I overheard someone commenting on Sunday as we strolled past.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby ockers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Or rather just let the club get on with doing a great job
ockers

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 pm

they could do a very attractive discount voucher offer in the match program for next seasons season tickets for a one off on that day, to try and get new support

it's not like the new ground is going to be full every week

or 40% off a season ticket in the stand with no roof
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:56 pm

ockers wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Or rather just let the club get on with doing a great job

Are you saying therefore that the club should not consider additional outlets to sell tickets?

:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Jody » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Maybe it wouldn't physically be possible CC, for example how could tickets for the Main Stand be sold in separate venues when a seating plan is needed to ensure seats aren't sold twice?
They could always sell tickets in separate venues, but if human error occurs, and your seat in the Main Stand is sold twice, I'm sure you'd be the first to complain.
Jody

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Jody wrote:Maybe it wouldn't physically be possible CC, for example how could tickets for the Main Stand be sold in separate venues when a seating plan is needed to ensure seats aren't sold twice?
They could always sell tickets in separate venues, but if human error occurs, and your seat in the Main Stand is sold twice, I'm sure you'd be the first to complain.

I know a bloke who that happened to. They moved him to A block I think, but he wasn't happy.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:27 pm

I like the idea of a sell-out and with anough promotion it may just happen. Surely Aldershot won't bring more than about 4-500? Is there anyway the club could give them a smaller area of the ground (e.g the carwash?) to free-up another few hundred tickets?

Was going to leave my tickets a few more weeks but all this talk of a sell-out may make me buy sooner!
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Jody wrote:Maybe it wouldn't physically be possible CC, for example how could tickets for the Main Stand be sold in separate venues when a seating plan is needed to ensure seats aren't sold twice?

Welcome back to SVs. :D

It depends if seating in the stand is on an allocated seat basis. If not ,the club will know of how many tickets can be sold and therefore split accordingly between vendors.

Can't see any problems with either the North or Car Wash areas.

Anyhow it's not likely to be taken up...so just another ( :?: ) stupid idea from CC..... ;)
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Wild Bill wrote:I like the idea of a sell-out and with anough promotion it may just happen. Surely Aldershot won't bring more than about 4-500? Is there anyway the club could give them a smaller area of the ground (e.g the carwash?) to free-up another few hundred tickets?

Was going to leave my tickets a few more weeks but all this talk of a sell-out may make me buy sooner!

If they are still in with a chance of getting into the playoffs on the last day then they might sell their full allocation if not then it might only be a couple of hundred.
steve mfc

Postby bigreddog » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:40 pm

I think anyone with a sense of history, anyone with a real interest in football, anyone with a need to just say "I was there" will be chewing the clubs arm off to get a ticket. I think the club are doing a brilliant job of building us towards what will inevitably be a day of mixed emotions for many shrimps fans. and I believe the fans of other clubs, but most especially those of Aldershot will play their part.

I for one do not subscribe to the doom and gloom pedlars. I think we'll have an attendance of over 5000. But like sam I'm waiting for pay day so hope they don't sell too quick, but I do hope they sell.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:24 pm

shrimper wrote:

I know a bloke who that happened to. They moved him to A block I think, but he wasn't happy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe Player » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 pm

This isn't an official reply, just my own post, but the selling of football tickets is highly regulated by law, and can only be done by authorised outlets. It's not that easy just getting any old shop in the town to sell them I don't think. In any case, the football club aren't too far away from any locals, and have telephones, email and a postal address, so anyone wanting a ticket can easily get one I'm sure!
Morecambe Player

Postby ockers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Morecambe Player wrote:This isn't an official reply, just my own post, but the selling of football tickets is highly regulated by law, and can only be done by authorised outlets. It's not that easy just getting any old shop in the town to sell them I don't think. In any case, the football club aren't too far away from any locals, and have telephones, email and a postal address, so anyone wanting a ticket can easily get one I'm sure!

i believe that chesh also has a trained carrier pigeon called reg mr player in case the technology breaks down
;)
ockers

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 pm

ockers wrote:
Morecambe Player wrote:This isn't an official reply, just my own post, but the selling of football tickets is highly regulated by law, and can only be done by authorised outlets. It's not that easy just getting any old shop in the town to sell them I don't think. In any case, the football club aren't too far away from any locals, and have telephones, email and a postal address, so anyone wanting a ticket can easily get one I'm sure!

i believe that chesh also has a trained carrier pigeon called reg mr player in case the technology breaks down
;)

Are you seriously suggesting that technology breaks down Sean :o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 am

.....well I did say that it was another of my stupid ideas. Maybe one day I'll suggest something that meets with everybodies approval. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I WISH :!: :!: :!:
Christies Child

Postby paulshrimp » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:24 am

I hope that come the last match Aldershot are either comfortably in the play offs or not in with a chance. We don't want them to come to CP with everything to play for, try too hard and spoil our big day!! They should come for a nice day at the seaside and let us outplay them, signing off from CP in style. Glad ticket sales are going well. 4000+?
paulshrimp

Postby The Fury » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:31 am

Christies Child wrote:

.....well I did say that it was another of my stupid ideas. Maybe one day I'll suggest something that meets with everybodies approval. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Perhaps if you were to sell bottled water to the players at the new training complex.....
The Fury

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:42 am

The Fury wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Perhaps if you were to sell bottled water to the players at the new training complex.....

'Old' and 'chestnut' spring to mind...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Christies Child

Postby Mighty Red » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:36 am

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind suggesting such a thing!
Mighty Red

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:42 am

Mighty Red wrote:

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind suggesting such a thing!

Neither can I....'selling to players'...never heard of such a thing.

Disgraceful :!: :!: :!:

What do you suggest as a 'mark up' by the way.... :?: :?: :?:

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Tiny » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Got my two tickets in the post yeterday here in Newbury.
I had a smile on my face all day because I know my lad & I will be there.

When do the tickets go on sale for the first game at the GOLBE ARENA!!
Tiny

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion