Bad results !!!!

Bad results !!!!

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:42 pm

Tonight with aldershot,rotherham and burton all winning - next two home games now must wins if we have any chance of play offs
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Bad results !!!!

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:50 pm

with all due respect..... get real ...we aint going to make the play offs.....................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Lets wait and see !!!
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:00 pm

Our season is winding down, end of season party plus a start at the globe is great, lets walk before we start running eh :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby darrenlock » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:06 pm

We can still get playoffs laugh as much as you want.

Look at Millwall in League1 2-3 games ago nobody would off tipped Millwall for 2nd place nad now at them after Leeds at Elland Road 2-0
darrenlock

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:47 am

mathematically = yes

theory = no

because without question where to inconsistent and the two strikers we have playing are not scoring enough goals at this stage of the season when it matters

like i said in a previous thread i think Jevons as gone off the boil for some reason and thats the fine-line between where we are now and where we'd like to be, frustrating maybe :?

but me am just happy to be playing L2 football when we move to the new ground :D
George Dawes

Postby Martin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:20 am

six points doesn't sound a lot but in reality all the teams above us up to and including Northampton would have to drop more points than us. That won't happen.

We should concentrate on securing a top half finish for the third season in a row. That would be a fantastic achievement in itself.
Martin

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:54 am

Martin wrote:six points doesn't sound a lot but in reality all the teams above us up to and including Northampton would have to drop more points than us. That won't happen.

We should concentrate on securing a top half finish for the third season in a row. That would be a fantastic achievement in itself.

Sammy said that he wants us to get as may points betwen now and the end of the season. Could be his way of throwing down a challenge to those players who want to stay and to start afresh in the new stadium.

I include players such as PJ, Mullers and Panther in that assessment. The ball is firmly in their court. Sammy appears to want a relative clean sweep of players this close season to start the next chapter in our history.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:46 am

Leave it out!! - we are 7 places off a play off spot and six points - best will in the world we will struggle away at Bradford, Notts County and Shrewsbury and most probably home to Daggers and Rotherham - our hopes were dashed last week when we were soundly beaten by Northampton - we can hold our own in this league but I think we are were deserve to be - our away form is not good enough to mount a serious challenge.

Had another solid season though and after the start we had I would be more than happy with 11th........again!

Starting life at the Globe Arena in league two is great for Morecambe and we should all be pleased with that. Saying all that I think we will get a run in league 1 in the next 2-5 seasons if we continue to grow steadily and sensibly.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby fletch_al » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 am

i would love to make the playoffs and there is the slimest chance we can make it but i dont hold out much hope.

if we beat last years tally of 63 then i think we have had a very successful season and i would be very happy with that. we only need 11 points from 9 games
fletch_al

Return to General Discussion