Aldershot match

Aldershot match

Postby paulshrimp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 am

Yesterday morning I got the boys off to school early and sped 80 miles up the M6 to Christie Park to buy my tickets for the final game. I had visions of people queueing round the block for this historic final game. Silly me! When I got there the queue consisted of four people. I know it was early but don't tell me that the crowd on the final day will be a couple of thousand. I hope people will abandon Blackpool. Preston, Burnley etc. for the day and make it an occasion to remember.
paulshrimp

Re: Aldershot match

Postby sgt major » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:26 am

Don't be silly - being involved in business in this town I have realised that Morecambe folk wont sign up for anything in advance. They think they can just basically leave it to the last minute to wander in and take up their rightful place at any event/night out/ etc.

Same with away travel - some people ring us on a Friday night and ask are you taking a coach to wherever - not many are willing to commit to a trip three weeks in advance.

For some it WILL be too late I expect- I'm going for mine today - I don't think I will be waiting too long in the "queue".
sgt major

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 am

paulshrimp wrote:Yesterday morning I got the boys off to school early and sped 80 miles up the M6 to Christie Park to buy my tickets for the final game. I had visions of people queueing round the block for this historic final game. Silly me! When I got there the queue consisted of four people. I know it was early but don't tell me that the crowd on the final day will be a couple of thousand. I hope people will abandon Blackpool. Preston, Burnley etc. for the day and make it an occasion to remember.

At least there was a que.

Sgt Major is spot on with his remarks, but in fairness that would apply to a lot of other clubs as well.

As a side issue, the Accy v Rochdale game had just over 3000 and that was all ticket. Rochdale sold 1600 tickets meaning that Accy folk could only muster circa 1400.

And we think we've problems getting locals to a game!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby alwaysright » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:27 pm

I have said in a previous topic that i dont think there will be much more than 3,000 for the last game, apart from the hard core 1500 there is no interest in Morecambe FC,of course the usual lot that just turn up for the big games will be there and Aldershot may fetch a few depending on there play off chances but 3,000 ish at the most i will say .
alwaysright

Postby Harry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 pm

alwaysright wrote:I have said in a previous topic that i dont think there will be much more than 3,000 for the last game, apart from the hard core 1500 there is no interest in Morecambe FC,of course the usual lot that just turn up for the big games will be there and Aldershot may fetch a few depending on there play off chances but 3,000 ish at the most i will say .

What about the 4500 we had for the first two Bradford games, or the 3500 this season against Accrington Stanley
Harry

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:26 pm

you have to remember that the game is not untill May still quite a bit off yet so still plenty of time to buy tickets. Also think some people are waiting to see what position in the table we are in a couple of weeks before the game to see if we have anything to play for.
heysham_mfc

Postby alwaysright » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Harry,
All will be made clear when we play Aldershot.
alwaysright

Postby Morecambe FC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:52 pm

For information: all areas of the ground for our very last game v Aldershot on Saturday May 8th are selling very well. As everyone is aware the first day of general sales was yesterday when almost 500 tickets were sold. We have only just started to go through the postal applications and judging by the postmarks people will be travelling from all over the UK to watch the last League game to be played at Christie Park.

When we add the extra tickets bought by the current season ticket holders and sales from today I fully expect sales figures to be pushing 1,000. When you take into account the away allocation, season tickets, sponsors and guests. There will be approximately 3,400 left to sell

We have had season ticket holders from Blackpool and Preston buying tickets, as their League season finishes the week before on the 2nd May. Following the pieces covered on Look North West and Radio Lancashire we have had enquiries from Burnley and Blackburn who both finish their respective seasons on the 9th May.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby paulshrimp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Commercial Dept. Thanks for the update.
paulshrimp

Postby Harry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:40 pm

alwaysright wrote:Harry,
All will be made clear when we play Aldershot.

Whilst you're at it can you give me the lottery numbers?
Harry

Postby alwaysright » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:10 pm

I WISH !!!
alwaysright

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Morecambe FC wrote:For information: all areas of the ground for our very last game v Aldershot on Saturday May 8th are selling very well. As everyone is aware the first day of general sales was yesterday when almost 500 tickets were sold. We have only just started to go through the postal applications and judging by the postmarks people will be travelling from all over the UK to watch the last League game to be played at Christie Park.

When we add the extra tickets bought by the current season ticket holders and sales from today I fully expect sales figures to be pushing 1,000. When you take into account the away allocation, season tickets, sponsors and guests. There will be approximately 3,400 left to sell

We have had season ticket holders from Blackpool and Preston buying tickets, as their League season finishes the week before on the 2nd May. Following the pieces covered on Look North West and Radio Lancashire we have had enquiries from Burnley and Blackburn who both finish their respective seasons on the 9th May.

Commercial dept.

Thanks for that, really appreciated. Make sure to keep us updated on how many are being sold each few days ;) Can't wait for this fixture, and a packed Christie Park :D
Crooky MFC

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:53 pm

3 words...

Self Fulfilling Prophecy!

If we say that we will have a sell out and encourage fans to get down to the club now to secure their ticket then tickets will sell.

For every post that goes up on here saying it won't sell out and we won't get a big crowd, there will be a fan that won't bother buying in advance.

Lets get a bit of momentum going, on here, in the pubs we drink in, where we work. If we buy our tickets now, and tell everyone we know that we think they should get theirs while they can, you create a buzz and that itself could make this a sell out.

Stop being negative and lets all get behind this.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Posh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:15 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:3 words...

Self Fulfilling Prophecy!

If we say that we will have a sell out and encourage fans to get down to the club now to secure their ticket then tickets will sell.

For every post that goes up on here saying it won't sell out and we won't get a big crowd, there will be a fan that won't bother buying in advance.

Lets get a bit of momentum going, on here, in the pubs we drink in, where we work. If we buy our tickets now, and tell everyone we know that we think they should get theirs while they can, you create a buzz and that itself could make this a sell out.

Stop being negative and lets all get behind this.

Well said! The sheer misery of someone calling themselves incredibly arrogantly 'alwaysright' is really beginning to grate. Their posts are just a grim miseryfest.

The club have marketed this game incredibly well. As someone involved in the club's websites I know the vast amount of enquiries and ticket sales this game is generating and it exceeds my expectations. I also feel lucky to be aware of a number of announcements yet to be made about events on the day, which in themselves will boost crowd numbers further. I've had six people tell me they want to come to the game, five of whom haven't been all season.

I expect a sell out.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 pm

I personally hope they do not sell out before end of month, pay day i am what you would call skint at the monent so cannot buy my ticket till 31st march :-(
thegentlegiant

Postby dford » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:54 pm

well i bought a ticket today and the number at the bottom was 448!!!!
dford

Postby sandgrown » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 pm

I bought the last two seats in the centre main stand at 9am sharp today, so at least that is going to be a sell out.

on that basis, IMO it's going to be a very big attendance. :D
sandgrown

Postby mfcbro » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:08 pm

I ve just had 4 friends buy tickets and they havent been to a game at christie park this season.I preach the word and what a game to be their first.
mfcbro

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:49 pm

sandgrown wrote:I bought the last two seats in the centre main stand at 9am sharp today, so at least that is going to be a sell out.

on that basis, IMO it's going to be a very big attendance. :D

well thats at least 1,200 then ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm

We'll sell out home areas easy, judging by the pace that these tickets are being sold. There is a real buzz around the club/town at the moment, what with the Aldershot game and the new stadium. By the way, I went past the new stadium on my bike the other day, and WOW, photos do it no justice, it is amazing when right infront of you. :D

Bring on sell-out stands in home areas, and a fair few Aldershot fans if they are still in a shout of the playoffs.
Crooky MFC

Postby alwaysright » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Posh
I think your ................................wonderfull
alwaysright

Postby alwaysright » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Posh
I think your ................................wonderfull
alwaysright

Postby alwaysright » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:37 pm

See i just had to tell you twice !!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:42 pm

I personally dont see a sell out, but will I be the one to be stupid enough to miss out on a ticket incase it is?

probably :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:58 am

ezz wrote:I personally dont see a sell out, but will I be the one to be stupid enough to miss out on a ticket incase it is?

probably :lol:

Rather than sell tickets purley from CP why not look for outlets in the West End, Heysham etc. The greater the exposure etc.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion