o/T Ever tried to get your BT number transferred?

o/T Ever tried to get your BT number transferred?

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:08 pm

I've recently moved my mother to a Care Home ( thanks from her to Lee by the way :D )and we wanted her to be able to use her exisiting telephone number.

I contacted BT and told them what we wanted. 'No problem'..was the reply!

That was over a week ago and despite 90 minutes on the 'phone to them on Friday asking for an update we're still waiting for a re-direction of the number despite assurances that it would happen over the weekend!

My mum suffers from dimentia and can't cope with items such as this, especially when the 'phone is so vital to her.

BT know the urgency of this and kept transferring me from one department to another without much joy in any.

I'm totally frustrated with BT for obvious reasons.

Anybody else had similar problems....or is it just us???????

:x :x :x
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: o/T Ever tried to get your BT number transferred?

Postby Gnasher » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 pm

What is it you are trying to achieve? You've mentioned transfer and re-direct, two completely different things in the telecoms world.

Transfer, when you move to a new property and take your old number with you. When I moved 6 years ago it was only possible to do this if the old and new properties were connected to the same exchange.

Re-direct, when you keep the existing line and number but have any calls to it re-directed to another number. That should be possible, for a fee, to any UK number and is typically used as a temporary measure e.g. you're camping out at a friends house because you're having some work done on your own, you'd have your number re-directed to your friends so people can still get in touch with you.

Not being awkward but if you're using both words when talking to BT, they might not understand exactly what you are asking for.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Glad to have your input....

Transfer is the correct requirement.

Mum's old and new number are both 01524 42**** so I assume they are on the same exchange.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm

By thanks to lee, CC must be refering to the Lee who owns RLC Transport, a local firm, I gather that they moved CCs mum into her new home, they do provide a friendly , reliable and competitive service :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:By thanks to lee, CC must be refering to the Lee who owns RLC Transport, a local firm, I gather that they moved CCs mum into her new home, they do provide a friendly , reliable and competitive service :lol: :lol:

Could well be.... ;) ;) ;)

Keeping it in the SVs family :)
Christies Child

Postby Dysie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:42 pm

CC - Gnasher was quite correct in his reply to you re. the 2 different services.
As someone who works for BT homemovers, I could have saved you 90 mins on the phone and given you a swift service with your mothers transfer of her tel. no. to her new address.
Assuming that is, that she's remained in Morecambe. Is the matter now resolved? If not PM me if you wish.
Dysie

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:40 am

Dysie wrote:CC - Gnasher was quite correct in his reply to you re. the 2 different services.
As someone who works for BT homemovers, I could have saved you 90 mins on the phone and given you a swift service with your mothers transfer of her tel. no. to her new address.
Assuming that is, that she's remained in Morecambe. Is the matter now resolved? If not PM me if you wish.

Cheers for that. If I'd only known!

Finally resolved but she had to have a new number. No big problem. Just another thing I have to sort out by letting her friends know.

Now to get rid of an old suite and a double bed.....
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion