Jevons?

Jevons?

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 pm

is it me but in the last few months with the exception of the odd goal or two, he seems to be right off the boil

and in my opinion watching with my own eyes when you look at his game strengths and weaknesses his work rate as never been that impressive to say people on here use to slag Rennie Howe off for his work rate saying he was lazy & selfish

R Howe never got the service off other players as good as what we have now this season compared to last seasons squad of players

Jevons sure does have quick feet & intelligence, and a eye for goal, i just wish he would show more of a pressence and up his work-rate then hit the 20 goals plus barrier
George Dawes

Re: Jevons?

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Unlucky that would be for us, as he would be whisked away in the twinkling of an eye, we have a better squad than we can afford, barry is our priority imo, and stanners :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Curly » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:58 pm

DawZi wrote:is it me but in the last few months with the exception of the odd goal or two, he seems to be right off the boil

and in my opinion watching with my own eyes when you look at his game strengths and weaknesses his work rate as never been that impressive to say people on here use to slag Rennie Howe off for his work rate saying he was lazy & selfish

R Howe never got the service off other players as good as what we have now this season compared to last seasons squad of players

Jevons sure does have quick feet & intelligence, and a eye for goal, i just wish he would show more of a pressence and up his work-rate then hit the 20 goals plus barrier

Yes, it's you ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:34 am

soz mate, it is you :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 am

well OK then.

but! he better hit 20+ goals next year(pending signature on dotted line) and get us into them play-offs fingers crossed ;)
George Dawes

Postby George Dawes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 pm

sorry for bumping this, but id have took him off after half time today for Curtis who puts himself about and not shy of shooting

if you take his penalty's away this season nothing to get to excited about if we are going to push for promotion next season

id offer him a reasonable deal with a contract in the summer, but nothing more.
Last edited by George Dawes on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:57 pm

agree last few gfames he has not been as good as we know he is but hope this is just a blip and he can score a few more before the end of the season
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:05 pm

ALL strikers go thru' periods when they can't score.

It amazes me the number of posters who think that we should keep some whose sell by dates have long gone.

Interestingly both MrT and Danny have yet to convince the Stalybridge fans and JH's honeymoon period has quickly come to an end and his credentials are now being questioned.They don't like his use of the long ball game! :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:17 pm

IMO Jevons has missed Craney being in the team.
broadwayshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:21 pm

tactically of late we are playing with 2 wingers you could argue 3 with the way L Wilson plays where getting more crosses in the box than ever

so for me now with any chance of making the play-offs id play Curtis before Jevons a lot more physical and better at heading the ball
George Dawes

Postby DMC » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:23 pm

poor game today- lacked stamina- was asking the Car Wash how long to go at 85 minutes!!
DMC

Postby james456 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Anyone know what's happening with Craney's injury? It would be nice if he could appear for the first team before the end of the season.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:25 pm

james456 wrote:Anyone know what's happening with Craney's injury? It would be nice if he could appear for the first team before the end of the season.

am sure he's back in full training now, just short on match fitness i guess
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:11 am

james456 wrote:Anyone know what's happening with Craney's injury? It would be nice if he could appear for the first team before the end of the season.

The other night Sammy said he had an "infection around the groin area" :o .. :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:08 am

DawZi wrote:tactically of late we are playing with 2 wingers you could argue 3 with the way L Wilson plays where getting more crosses in the box than ever

so for me now with any chance of making the play-offs id play Curtis before Jevons a lot more physical and better at heading the ball

First half against Grimsby being a prime example , when there was good build up play and quality balls going into the penalty area but not a striker in sight, game should have been sewn up by half time. :roll:
parceldave

Return to General Discussion