Northampton 2 v Morecambe 0

Re: Northampton 2 v Morecambe 0

Postby Dids » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I totally agree with that keith. The thing that annoys me most is that its Manny Panther who's keeping him out when all he does is job about and Garry does far more running and he actually tackles. Garry puts 100% in every game. To Manny Morecambe is just A club, To Garry its HIS club.
Dids

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Dids wrote:I totally agree with that keith. The thing that annoys me most is that its Manny Panther who's keeping him out when all he does is job about and Garry does far more running and he actually tackles. Garry puts 100% in every game. To Manny Morecambe is just A club, To Garry its HIS club.

i think SM decision on this is purely tactical, if we are now going to play with two wingers and just have two playing central midfield Hunter is to small and lightweight

hence of the last 18 months SM seems to play him right-back right wing-back right-midfield

and the situation and position with MFC in L2 now we have to win matches and that means going forward and attacking for any hope of the play-offs

so that means a choice between Duffy/Wainwright or Hunter on the right wing so the rest goes without saying
George Dawes

Postby ockers » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:16 pm

perhaps its time to play Garry in his more natural role of playing in the hole?
thats where he started.... as a goalscorer?
with final third lacking any bite...... just a thought like.........
or even as a third striker in a 4 3 3 attacking

maybe this as a team for saturday

Roche
Parrish Bentley Artell Wilson
Hackney Drummond Wainwright
Mullin Hunter Jevons
ockers

Postby John L » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Keith wrote:You have to wonder what Hunter has done to deserve a place on the bench? Our best run coincided with him being in the team and he was a candidate for MotM in practically every game he played. If he'd been on the pitch more, he could have been a candidate for Player of the Season but now he can't even get a two minute cameo role...

He is in the process of moving house at the moment, if that can be seen as an excuse!
John L

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:22 pm

ockers wrote:perhaps its time to play Garry in his more natural role of playing in the hole?
thats where he started.... as a goalscorer?
with final third lacking any bite...... just a thought like.........
or even as a third striker in a 4 3 3 attacking

maybe this as a team for saturday

Roche
Parrish Bentley Artell Wilson
Hackney Drummond Wainwright
Mullin Hunter Jevons

Swap Hackney and Wainers over and I'd agree.

Give Jevons 60 mins then bring Wayne on.
morecambe mick

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:25 pm

How bad was Will's Knock?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ockers » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:42 pm

outsider wrote:How bad was Will's Knock?

groin injury not known how serious
ockers

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks, not seen owt anywhere about it, just looked like a knock to me. He Will be missed but a bit of good old fashioned division 4 defending might just be the thing to start the playoff push again.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Dids wrote:Sorry but did everyone watch to same game as me?

Manny Panther did not make one tackle in the whole game. He didn't even have a speck of mud on his kit. His first touches were poor too. As for Duffy, well, he cannot beat a man. Duffy is great for an impact sub ONLY. So why didnt sammy change things earlier. After the first goal was scored there needed to be changes, maybe not subs but obviously the formation for the team we were playing was wrong. Then after the second goal was scored there needed to be major changes. Duffy needed to go off, which he did, but so did Manny. For them they could of brought curtis on, which we did and was a good sub, but not at left wing. Wayne is not a left winger, he is an out and out striker. Hunter or Stanley should also have come on to add a bit of pace that we were struggling with. One good thing about the game was Laurence Wilson yet again. He made some superb tackles as he always does, player of the season imo. Also Paul Mullin got stuck in and tried is hardest to get the ball. He's not had a great season, but this was one of his better games.

Remember our 7 game winning run? Think of the team. Artell, Hunter, Stanley. Get them back in and get back to winning ways.

I receive a three word text from the Northampton area about an hour after the game:
"We was crap!" Would you all agree?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:39 pm

wasnt at the game so i cant really comment but by all accounts YES WE WERE CRAP....
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:51 pm

by the sound of it we didn't deserve anying from the game
heysham_mfc

Postby parceldave » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:27 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:wasnt at the game so i cant really comment but by all accounts YES WE WERE CRAP....

After the 1st 5 mins in which they scored, we started to get into the game but once we got passed the half-way line we ran out of ideas , hence only 1 shot which wasn't on target. It wasn't until the 60th min that their goalkeeper had to make a save , he only dived on the floor for our benefit as he was getting a bit of stick about getting his bright green kit dirty.

As for their 2nd goal , the guy had more time than a golfer to tee up his shot. Make no mistake Northampton are a good side , with power and pace throughout the team, something we are lacking. Both our wide players lost possesion far too easily as did Manny, who is nowhere near the player he was before his injury and neither is Jevons who hardly got involved like last week , i dont think he touched the ball in the second half. Wayno came on for Duffy on the left wing , but was too slow to get passed their right back who had him in his pocket .

Looking at some of the comments on here and the performances we have seen it appears that most people can see where the biggest problem lies and how to address it , but the manager doesn't. :o
parceldave

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:35 pm

This was after 60 mins

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 pm

parceldave wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:wasnt at the game so i cant really comment but by all accounts YES WE WERE CRAP....

After the 1st 5 mins in which they scored, we started to get into the game but once we got passed the half-way line we ran out of ideas , hence only 1 shot which wasn't on target. It wasn't until the 60th min that their goalkeeper had to make a save , he only dived on the floor for our benefit as he was getting a bit of stick about getting his bright green kit dirty.

As for their 2nd goal , the guy had more time than a golfer to tee up his shot. Make no mistake Northampton are a good side , with power and pace throughout the team, something we are lacking. Both our wide players lost possesion far too easily as did Manny, who is nowhere near the player he was before his injury and neither is Jevons who hardly got involved like last week , i dont think he touched the ball in the second half. Wayno came on for Duffy on the left wing , but was too slow to get passed their right back who had him in his pocket .

Looking at some of the comments on here and the performances we have seen it appears that most people can see where the biggest problem lies and how to address it , but the manager doesn't. :o

I'm sure Sammy knows where the problem lies, hence the reason why I'm expecting major moves OUT to make way for some quality IN. It started with Mr T and the Iron Man (who according to the Stalybridge forum have yet to impress) who could be followed by quite a few others.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 pm

:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:22 am

Another keyboard warrior! :roll:

The reason CC has highlighted this is that I admonished him for calling the defence 'crap'. He has since moved onto the midfeild :D !
Mark S

Postby The Fury » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:03 am

It was the first game I've been to in a while. I thought the weak links were Parrish, Panther and Duffy. Parrish got murdered by their left winger all day whereas Laurie Wilson on the other side comfortably marked his man and was easily our best player. Panther can only pass sideways and can't tackle: an energyless version of Craig Stanley. Duffy has failed to impress me every time I've seen him; Wayne made much more of in impact and was a greater threat simply as he was able to run forwards with the ball. Mullin up front was ineffective and Jevons' first touch and approach play were admirable but he was little threat because he only received the ball miles from the box with his back to goal.

Problem to address: lack of pace throughout the side.
The Fury

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:16 am

The Fury wrote:It was the first game I've been to in a while. I thought the weak links were Parrish, Panther and Duffy. Parrish got murdered by their left winger all day whereas Laurie Wilson on the other side comfortably marked his man and was easily our best player. Panther can only pass sideways and can't tackle: an energyless version of Craig Stanley. Duffy has failed to impress me every time I've seen him; Wayne made much more of in impact and was a greater threat simply as he was able to run forwards with the ball. Mullin up front was ineffective and Jevons' first touch and approach play were admirable but he was little threat because he only received the ball miles from the box with his back to goal.

Problem to address: lack of pace throughout the side.

Thats why we need Stanner re-instating to the side.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:58 am

If it was'nt for Barry's weekly fantastic saves we would have been 3 or 4 down by half time. Andy P. was our best attacker for much of the game which is probably why someone mentioned he was overrun by the left winger. Larry was great at left back and had one particular crunching challengfe which was immense, unfortunately tho we have lost the attacking side from him as he is stopped going forward :( Midfield has been mentioned and we have certainly now got a "sideways" Panther who is losing control of the ball too often.

For me Hackney was disappointing. having been "promised" a fast winger who will put crosses in the box I was amazed in the last 15 mins when we were on top and just could'nt score ~ we would have still been there now! He crossed 2 direct to the keeper and hit another into the side netting. There was also an open shooting opportunity in the box but he missed the ball completely! ~ Wainwright would have had more luck I.M.O....Come on Simon sort it out for the weekend please ;)

As said Wayne came on and created some effort but could never get past the right back.

Why won't Jev shoot at the moment ~ even he's going sideways :?

No shots on target and their keeper looked like he was on a day trip and just come out of the dry cleaners.

Rant over 8-)

On a happier note someone did get the ball in the net for us ~ but it was half time and he was wearing a blindfold!! Maybe this is the way forward :lol: :lol:

northantsblindfold1.JPG

northantsblindfold2.JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Ouch!

Not like you Marky to be so critical of a performance. :o :o :o

Good point about Simon H...

What is it about managers who either play players out of position OR appear to give them differing instructions to those that they have been brought in to do... :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Christies Child on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:Ouch!

I don't feel I am criticising, it is more stating the obvious I.M.O. I will have travelled around 7000 miles this season and don't go to a game expecting to win and certainly not to teams like Northampton and get a result BUT I know what our players are capoable of cos I see them twice a week and to watch them play in such a manner was in the words of one "embarassing". Although he did say we were'nt the worst at Sixfields this season so that's something to build on.

Northampton were a far better outfit than us on the day and obviously want that 7th spot more than us ~ Simples!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:10 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Ouch!

I don't feel I am criticising, it is more stating the obvious I.M.O. I will have travelled around 7000 miles this season and don't go to a game expecting to win and certainly not to teams like Northampton and get a result BUT I know what our players are capoable of cos I see them twice a week and to watch them play in such a manner was in the words of one "embarassing". Although he did say we were'nt the worst at Sixfields this season so that's something to build on.

Northampton were a far better outfit than us on the day and obviously want that 7th spot more than us ~ Simples!

I thought someone had said on here a few weeks ago that we were going to be going for it now we were safe from relegation.
I have to say I haven't seen much evidence of "going for it" yet and I still can't get my head round the dropping of Craig Stanley from the team. Sammy acknowledged that he is the best dead ball and corner kick deliverer at the club and that often looks like our best bet for a goal.
Nothing less than 7 wins from the last 9 matches will get us anywhere near the top 7.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:52 pm

We went for it last week against Grimsby in 1st half, creating loads of chances but not putting them away and thats about it. :cry: Dont know about Stanners, he has plenty of energy but he doesn't put the tackles in and free kicks are always the same, but would be an improvement on Panther at the moment. Gazunter is the player we are missing most as far as i am concerned and one of the most influential players we had on the seven win run. I think it was Dawzi who said he was too lightweight for centre midfield, he might be small but he's about the best tackler we have and if he loses it he will go back and have another go. Just seems strange to me that we give the guy a new 2yr contract but wont play him. :roll: Ockers :?:
parceldave

Previous

Return to General Discussion