Well done to Barrow

Well done to Barrow

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Beating Salisbury 3-1 on agg.

Nice trip to Wembley now for those boys & girls.
morecambe mick

Re: Well done to Barrow

Postby Christies Child » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Can anybody the year when Barrow last went to Wembley?

It would be ironic if it was the same number of yeras after we went to Wembley on both occassions.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Martin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Christies Child wrote:Can anybody the year when Barrow last went to Wembley?

It would be ironic if it was the same number of yeras after we went to Wembley on both occassions.

Barrow beat Leek 1989-90.

So no irony there then! :lol:
Martin

Postby Christies Child » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Martin wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Can anybody the year when Barrow last went to Wembley?

Barrow beat Leek 1989-90.

So no irony there then! :lol:

Cheers for that stat.

I actually thought it was closer to our first Wembley experience.
Christies Child

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Very poor turnout at stevenage for there semi final only 1600 bothered turning up
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Martin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Very poor turnout at stevenage for there semi final only 1600 bothered turning up

I can't imagine too many Kidderminster fans made the trip, 1-5 down from the first leg the tie was all over. For the same reason some of the occassional Stevenage supporters probably thought it wasn't worth the effort either.
Martin

Postby ockers » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:28 pm

well done to barrow super achievement and i hope they bring some silverware back too
great news
ockers

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Good on 'em. The fans will have a fantastic day out at Wembley. Thankfully we are playing Aldershot on the same day, I think, so no pressure to take a shedload of Bluebirds to London.

We went to the game, Barrow played hoofball from beginning to end, and everyone around us were stunned when the ref (who made some of the most bizarre dropped-ball decisions of all time) awarded Barrow a penalty to go 2-0 on aggregate. Salisbury played some great football and missed a sackful of chances...several from just a couple of feet.
Caged Lion

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:50 pm

yeah well done Barrow hope they now have a better chance of staying up now that Chester have gone
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Great result for the Bluebirds.

Just hope that they can stuff Stevenage.
Christies Child

Postby 1990 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 am

so you lot actually like us?

suppose it must be the lancashire connection

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:01 am

1990 wrote:so you lot actually like us?

suppose it must be the lancashire connection

I think most of us went from antipathy towards you, to being supportive of you post Vaughan and his first attempt at a legacy of destroying a club. It is ironic that in the season that he finally achieved that destruction of a once fine club, his 'first attempt' will be playing at Wembley!

Good luck in the final.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby 1990 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 am

Fair play to you all then.

to be honest i have always hated you lot and classed Morecambe as are biggest rivals. My first away game i went to was at CP when we got beat 3 2 and i'll never forget how tense the rivalry felt. I suppose its just bitterness on are behalf as we feel that we are a bigger and better club than you and we should be in the league but thats life eh.

To come on here and see that you offer us your best wishes and hearing stories about Morecambe fans in a pub cheering on Barrow in the play off final makes me feel abit embarrassed about and daft for hating you lot.

Another thing is my girlfriend is from Torrisholme and i have to put up with alot of your shite from her mates so there always big Barrow vs Morecambe arguments in are house.

anyway, like i said fair play and thanks.

PS. you still have a shit new badge

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:42 am

Good Luck Bluebirds. An excellent day out awaits your club and fans + i really hope you win. As for thinking you're a bigger club :lol: . Think again! Morecambe are a small town league 2 football club professional run and managed with a small fan base due to its location. This will never change however with the new ground and extra avenues of income we will be able to sustain a good standard of football in the future. Barrow are also a small town football club with a similar size fan base. They have the potentional to one day return to league football but the money to sustain the improvements to the ground and constant drain on resources, I don't think so at the moment but I really do hope one day that you do have. You'll receive some bonus payments from your cup run and hopefully keep some of your wembley day out fans but they soon dwindle away again. Enjoy your day at Wembley it'll be brill if you win but heart ache if you don't! and who gives a damn who is the biggest club? Seem to remember Oxford being a big club or Luton etc etc. Need i go on? Enjoy your day mate.
nobbyshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:23 pm

1990 wrote:Fair play to you all then.

to be honest i have always hated you lot and classed Morecambe as are biggest rivals. My first away game i went to was at CP when we got beat 3 2 and i'll never forget how tense the rivalry felt. I suppose its just bitterness on are behalf as we feel that we are a bigger and better club than you and we should be in the league but thats life eh.

To come on here and see that you offer us your best wishes and hearing stories about Morecambe fans in a pub cheering on Barrow in the play off final makes me feel abit embarrassed about and daft for hating you lot.

Another thing is my girlfriend is from Torrisholme and i have to put up with alot of your shite from her mates so there always big Barrow vs Morecambe arguments in are house.

anyway, like i said fair play and thanks.
we love you too! :lol:
PS. you still have a shit new badge
heysham_mfc

Postby 1990 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:27 pm

the whole whos bigger than who is a stupid argument as like you said its not done Wrexham, Oxford, York etc much good but with all due respect i think are fans completely shit on yours and deep down you all know that.

Barrow AFC the finest club on the Morecambe bay.

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 pm

1990 wrote:the whole whos bigger than who is a stupid argument as like you said its not done Wrexham, Oxford, York etc much good but with all due respect i think are fans completely shit on yours and deep down you all know that.

Barrow AFC the finest club on the Morecambe bay.

Are you intending to turn us against you?
Or is that just a coincidence?
morecambe mick

Postby harrys dad » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Martin wrote:
Fgh shrimp wrote:Very poor turnout at stevenage for there semi final only 1600 bothered turning up

I can't imagine too many Kidderminster fans made the trip, 1-5 down from the first leg the tie was all over. For the same reason some of the occassional Stevenage supporters probably thought it wasn't worth the effort either.

Well I travelled down from Morecambe, 250 miles, and watched Harriers get a creditable 0-0 draw. Must be mad!
harrys dad

Postby casey jones » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:45 pm

I, for one, hope Barrow get hammered and I don't like Stevenage either. 1990's attitude is typical of the Dumbrians. It probably isn't a coincidence that he can't even spell properly! It is also no coincidence that it is MORECAMBE BAY not Barrow Bay.
casey jones

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:53 pm

casey jones wrote:I, for one, hope Barrow get hammered and I don't like Stevenage either. 1990's attitude is typical of the Dumbrians. It probably isn't a coincidence that he can't even spell properly! It is also no coincidence that it is MORECAMBE BAY not Barrow Bay.

Ouch!

Good luck to The Bluebirds...bring back the trophy to MORECAMBE Bay.

:) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:40 pm

this is one trophy I don't want us ever to lift ;)
also from Tuesdat night
AFC Wimbledon 0-3 Barrow
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion