New Shirt, New League Sponsor, New Arm Badges

New Shirt, New League Sponsor, New Arm Badges

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:51 pm

No doubt our shirt will be different next season even if just the Christie Era badge and the stars disappear but as Coca Cola are giving up the Football League sponsorship we will have N Power on our sleeves.

How electrifying is that? :lol: .. :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: New Shirt, New League Sponsor, New Arm Badges

Postby bigreddog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 am

The only thing that wont be changing will be the shirt sponsor, for the first time in 4 years. It would be nice if the new strip could go on sale before the summer hols so we can wear them out and about rather than waiting until pre-season.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Heysham_red » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:48 am

bigreddog wrote:It would be nice if the new strip could go on sale before the summer hols

As nice as that would be I cant imagine it happening, We are well down the pecking order when it comes to priority of kit development. There were obvious reasons why the Umbro ones were ready. But fingers crossed.

What I do hope is that we keep a home top for the regulated 2 season. We seem to get away with changing it every season due to sponsorship deals, which is all within the rules, but still annoying. I also hope we get rid of them stupid stars. But that i suppose is what kit design is all about. not everyone is going to like it!
Heysham_red

Postby John L » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:55 am

Preston North End have signed a 3-year kit deal with Puma, and are unveiling next season's home kit on 23rd April!!!
http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~1994491,00.html

Heysham_red wrote:I also hope we get rid of them stupid stars.

Those "stupid stars" are there for a good reason!!! :roll:
John L

Postby Martin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:00 pm

John L wrote:
Heysham_red wrote:I also hope we get rid of them stupid stars.

Those "stupid stars" are there for a good reason!!! :roll:

Mind you, I can see a problem with the stars....

as we get more and more successful, it could start to look like the US flag on our shirts!! :lol:
Martin

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:27 pm

yes, definitely take pride in those stars!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:28 pm

The stars for Wembley wins are also not to my liking. Its more to do with the lack of uniformity across every club who has stars above their crest than specifically MFC doing it. Basically clubs shouldn't have to explain what each star stands for, otherwise it is pointless. It works for national sides who have won the World Cup, but other than that I remain to be convinced. Scrap ours please.

.....or failing that lets go mental and have one for each Lancashire Juniour Cup triumph!!! 8-)
RedRedWine1

Postby Curly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:30 pm

We know why they're there ;) I say keep the stars 8-)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Heysham_red wrote:
bigreddog wrote:It would be nice if the new strip could go on sale before the summer hols

What I do hope is that we keep a home top for the regulated 2 season. We seem to get away with changing it every season due to sponsorship deals, which is all within the rules, but still annoying.

As far as I'm aware there aren't any rules about how long you have to keep a kit. It might be different for the Football League but I'm sure clubs can change their kit every year if they wish.
durhamshrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:53 pm

John L wrote:Preston North End have signed a 3-year kit deal with Puma, and are unveiling next season's home kit on 23rd April!!!
http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~1994491,00.html

I don't think our kits are actually supplied by puma (like Spurs or Newcastle next season for example), rather a firm who have bought the rights to make Puma kits.
durhamshrimp

Postby Heysham_red » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:04 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:As far as I'm aware there aren't any rules about how long you have to keep a kit. It might be different for the Football League but I'm sure clubs can change their kit every year if they wish.

I am sure I read an article saying that unless there was a sponsorship (main shirt or kit manufacture) change then kits would have to be for a minimum of 2 years. But you could be right.

John L wrote:Those "stupid stars" are there for a good reason!!! :roll:

I am well aware what the "stupid stars" are for! :roll: :roll: Doesn't make them any less stupid! :roll:

because....

RedRedWine wrote:The stars for Wembley wins are also not to my liking. Its more to do with the lack of uniformity across every club who has stars above their crest than specifically MFC doing it. Basically clubs shouldn't have to explain what each star stands for, otherwise it is pointless. It works for national sides who have won the World Cup, but other than that I remain to be convinced. Scrap ours please.

.....or failing that lets go mental and have one for each Lancashire Juniour Cup triumph!!! 8-)

what he said!!
Heysham_red

Return to General Discussion