Anyone who went to Hereford.

Anyone who went to Hereford.

Postby shrimper » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:57 pm

How did Hackney perform? Seems to have got a few mentions for good moves, just wondered about his overall game.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Anyone who went to Hereford.

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:59 pm

shrimper wrote:How did Hackney perform? Seems to have got a few mentions for good moves, just wondered about his overall game.

For me he was very effective in the 1st half and from the off almost seems to go at it like a bull at a gate! He stuck in a great cross to set up Jim's goal and had a wayward shot of his own (similar to what we saw on Saturday) He is obviously keen at shooting on sight and once he gets the idea of where the centre of the goal is we will have a marksman on our hands ~ I just hope we have still got him when this happens :roll:

2nd half he faded away a bit but again once he gets full fitness he will be flying. Was'nt as effective when Jev was subbed as Mullers was pretty much on his own and Wayne was more defensive. (I will never know how Jev missed that open goal :( )

On a few occasions Simon would be running forward but had to stop or pass back as nobody was with him.

There endeth the 2nd lesson. I.M.O. of course ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:20 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
shrimper wrote:How did Hackney perform? Seems to have got a few mentions for good moves, just wondered about his overall game.

For me he was very effective in the 1st half and from the off almost seems to go at it like a bull at a gate! He stuck in a great cross to set up Jim's goal and had a wayward shot of his own (similar to what we saw on Saturday) He is obviously keen at shooting on sight and once he gets the idea of where the centre of the goal is we will have a marksman on our hands ~ I just hope we have still got him when this happens :roll:

2nd half he faded away a bit but again once he gets full fitness he will be flying. Was'nt as effective when Jev was subbed as Mullers was pretty much on his own and Wayne was more defensive. (I will never know how Jev missed that open goal :( )

On a few occasions Simon would be running forward but had to stop or pass back as nobody was with him.

There endeth the 2nd lesson. I.M.O. of course ;)

A bit of coaching for the other forwards to keep up would help.....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Christies Child wrote:A bit of coaching for the other forwards to keep up would help.....

I don't think any amount of coaching would help Mully keep up with Simon :o as I say they looked defo under orders to stay back and we were hanging on for grim death in the last 10 mins.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion