Gary Johnson Sacked From Bristol City?

Gary Johnson Sacked From Bristol City?

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 am

Just on Sky Sports News before Gary Johnsons been sacked as Bristol City Manager
northstandshrimp2009

Re: Gary Johnson Sacked From Bristol City?

Postby darrenlock » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:27 am

Shocking Bristol City did very well getting to play off final and now its only 2 wins out of 8 i think and decide to let him go.
Last season when Bristol City got all the success and on a little budget , Garry was linked with better jobs and turned it down and instead signed a new contract.
Personally it is a joke but if Charlton don't get promotion then i would love him as the next Charlton fc boss
darrenlock

Postby John L » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:34 am

John L

Postby darrenlock » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 am

Just read on bbc 606 that Steve McClaren is linked with the job being a ex Bristol player my god are you joking,Steve should be a premiership manager simple.
Bristol City - Gareth Southgate i guess
Who do you think
darrenlock

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:56 am

No chance of Mclaren going he is flying in Holland 5 points clear at the top of the table and thats with loosing his top 3 players in the summer.

There was a big interview in the paper with him at the weekend saying it might be sometime before he works in England again as he is loving it abroad.

Last time I looked Twente were joint top with PSV so PSV must have slipped up recently and bearing in mind Martin Jol is now at Ajax (so I would have thought they would have been favourites) it's incredible what he's achieved.

I always felt his type of coaching would be more suited for abroad.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:07 am

And so another manager bites the dust due to a run of indifferent results.

I find it incredible that managers are given no time what so ever to improve their clubs results, expecting success to be on-going all the time.

Had our Board taken a similar line with Sammy I dread to think where we would have been. No matter what issues some of us may have about style and other issues with Sammy, he has proved time after time to have the knowledge and determination to guarantee football league survival and that's all we can rightly expect given our location and current financial limitations.

Thank goodness we have a Board who have a long term vision and plan accordingly.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby quinny » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Here we go again...the world's worst statement "Left by mutual consent''.
Who do these clubs think they are kidding? There is no such thing.
quinny

Return to General Discussion