Northampton Town 20th March

Northampton Town 20th March

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 am

Come along and say "COBBLERS" to poor away form

Cheer on The Shrimps to Victory, on our historical 1st visit to the Sixfields stadium

A few Spaces on the Sardines minibuses are available.

Call Gary on 07782377025 for further details
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Re: Northampton Town 20th March

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 pm

My mate (who I was visiting down there) has gone and cancelled on me. :(

Will have to save my away-day token for Lincoln in a few weeks. ;)
Wild Bill

Postby darrenlock » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Same i want to go Lincoin away and Notts County away.
Oh well done on the fans that made the journey think it was 26
darrenlock

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey Shrimps fans, looking forward to welcoming you to Sixfields for the first time Saturday- sadly I didn't manage to get down to Christie Park earlier this season but if we stay down I'll be paying a visit to your new ground (hopefully).

Just a few little tips about Sixfields that might prove useful on Saturday:

- There is a KFC and a McDonalds opposite the main stand, and many other reastaurants and eateries can be found on the Sixfields site- go in one of these before the game as the food served in the ground is crap. :oops: If you get there a bit early and need something to pass the time there's a bowling place on site with some amusements in, and if you get there very very very early there's a cinema.

- There are two large gravel car parks on that site holding several hundred cars each, so parking isn't a problem, but it does cost £3 to get into one of said car parks. Don't be tempted to park in the car parks of the restaurants mentioned above because you WILL get fined.

- There aren't any "pubs" as such near the ground because it's located in a leisure park on the edge of town but the outlet of TGI Friday's has a bar and is the designated away bar. If you want to go to a traditional pub you'll need to go into the town centre.

- Tickets are £19 for adults, £6 for Under 16's and free for under-7s. There are NO student discounts.

- Also, if you have any cash left after the ticket, the KFC and the beer, buy one of our programmes- "The Cobbler" was voted league one programme of the year last season ahead of the likes of Leicester's and Leeds', and content-wise is better than anything I've seen on my travels in League Two this season- there'll be plenty of Shrimps-related stuff in there as well. Costs £3.

Look forward to seeing you in the South Stand on Saturday, hopefully we'll get the three points and to be honest I expect us to with our current run of form, but I know you're in the top half as well so it could be a tight game and I reckon there'll only be a one goal margin between us. Who should we look out for on Saturday?
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby darrenlock » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Barry Roche excellent goalkeeper

Will Haining - Excellent center back should be playing League1 football
Wilson- What a player great on the ball fast , quick and has a excellent ball control.
Jim Bentley- Captain fantastic showed What a rubbish Sol Campbell was hehe
Andy Parrish - Up and coming player confident on the ball , is getting more and more better with the amount of games playing in the Morecambe first team.

Simon Hackney- On loan from Colchester 2 assists in 2 games so far
Stewart Drummond - The fox in the box
Manny Panther quick and powerful and a good at tackling on loan from Exeter
Mark Duffy- Best player in midfield along with Garry Hunter , Fast full of confidence loves takes on defenders no matter what.

Paul Mullin Can tear center backs to pieces with his power and can make center back look stupid like the game vs Burton Albion.
Phil Jevons 20 Goal season man when he gets chances he bangs them away.

Erm Northampton i remember Guttridge was a excellent player at CP and the goalkeeper was excellent.
darrenlock

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Our keeper is injured but the lad we've got in on loan from Middlesbrough to replace him looks like a good keeper so far, so it's not affected us too much. Guttridge was only on the bench against Darlo last week because of injury but will hopefully be back for Saturday. Look out for Paul Rodgers on the right who is lightning-quick and a tricky player, and Akinfenwa- he's about 80 stone and can barely move but looks can be deceptive- he's got great technique, one hell of a shot on him and he's so big that defenders simply can't get the ball of him once he's got it at his feet.
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby darrenlock » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:37 pm

oh yeah i remember akinfeya boy he looked bigger than me lol.

i am tipping a 1-1 draw with 100 fans going.
darrenlock

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:30 pm

don't expect too amny away fans we are not the best supported team on the road as we only have a small fan base
heysham_mfc

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:32 pm

Up_The_CobblersUp_The_Cobblers wrote:Hey Shrimps fans, looking forward to welcoming you to Sixfields for the first time Saturday- sadly I didn't manage to get down to Christie Park earlier this season but if we stay down I'll be paying a visit to your new ground (hopefully).

Just a few little tips about Sixfields that might prove useful on Saturday:

- There is a KFC and a McDonalds opposite the main stand, and many other reastaurants and eateries can be found on the Sixfields site- go in one of these before the game as the food served in the ground is crap. :oops: If you get there a bit early and need something to pass the time there's a bowling place on site with some amusements in, and if you get there very very very early there's a cinema.

- There are two large gravel car parks on that site holding several hundred cars each, so parking isn't a problem, but it does cost £3 to get into one of said car parks. Don't be tempted to park in the car parks of the restaurants mentioned above because you WILL get fined.

- There aren't any "pubs" as such near the ground because it's located in a leisure park on the edge of town but the outlet of TGI Friday's has a bar and is the designated away bar. If you want to go to a traditional pub you'll need to go into the town centre.

- Tickets are £19 for adults, £6 for Under 16's and free for under-7s. There are NO student discounts.

- Also, if you have any cash left after the ticket, the KFC and the beer, buy one of our programmes- "The Cobbler" was voted league one programme of the year last season ahead of the likes of Leicester's and Leeds', and content-wise is better than anything I've seen on my travels in League Two this season- there'll be plenty of Shrimps-related stuff in there as well. Costs £3.

Look forward to seeing you in the South Stand on Saturday, hopefully we'll get the three points and to be honest I expect us to with our current run of form, but I know you're in the top half as well so it could be a tight game and I reckon there'll only be a one goal margin between us. Who should we look out for on Saturday?

Thanks for the info UTC, good luck for the rest of the season after the weekend of course ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Demand for Cobblers Play Off Tickets is high for Saturday :o

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 27,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:29 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Demand for Cobblers Play Off Tickets is high for Saturday :o

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 27,00.html

Yeah, it's a nice little incentive from the club to put a few hundred on the gate. It'd be nice be pushing the 5,000 mark for Saturday's attendance because we've only managed a 5,000+ crowd once this season, which is quite a poor showing tbh when compared to the past few seasons. We're on a great run of form though which tends to bring the fairweather fans back, and the play-off ticket priority incentive thrown in means we could be looking at a reasonable attendance Saturday.

C'MON TAYN!
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Down_The_Cobblers wrote:I reckon there'll only be a one goal margin between us. Who should we look out for on Saturday?

Jim Bentley...he is likely to want revenge with your enormous bully who was the only only opposition forward Jim has struggled with since we were promoted.

You NEED the win and we WANT it. So it should be an interesting encounter. :twisted:
Caged Lion

Postby parceldave » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 pm

There aren't any "pubs

Bladdy ell i might have to cancel or bring my own barrel. Are there any pubs in your village that sell proper beer ? . Sorry i suppose thats a daft question to ask a suvvener. :roll:
parceldave

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:30 pm

[quote="parceldave"]There aren't any "pubs

Bladdy ell i might have to cancel or bring my own barrel. Are there any pubs in your village that sell proper beer ? . Sorry i suppose thats a daft question to ask a suvvener. [quote]

:roll: :lol:
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Oh by the way I forgot to mention our half time game. A Cobblers fan and an away fan, each with blindfolds on, and the guidance of a friend who isn't wearing a blindfold, have to score a goal starting with the ball in the centre circle- whoever scores first wins. Always fucking hilarious. They'll need two Morecambe fans to volunteer for this so if you are up for it ask one of the stewards about it when you get in the ground.
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:50 pm

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:Oh by the way I forgot to mention our half time game. A Cobblers fan and an away fan, each with blindfolds on, and the guidance of a friend who isn't wearing a blindfold, have to score a goal starting with the ball in the centre circle- whoever scores first wins. Always fucking hilarious. They'll need two Morecambe fans to volunteer for this so if you are up for it ask one of the stewards about it when you get in the ground.

:lol: Thats sorted then, look out for myself and my mate. We'll give it a go.
Crooky MFC

Postby trevormorley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 am

There are plenty of places to have a drink. Old Orleans next to the bowling alley always serves away fans although the service can be a bit slow, tgi's serves away fans and I think you can get a beer in Frankie & Bennies.
If you want a proper pub then you would have to a bit further but if you come by train then you would walk past a few. Thomas A Beckett, The Foundry and The Red Rover are all fine. With no stops it is about a 15-20 minute walk from the station to the ground.

Enjoy the day and don't buy food in the ground it's crap and exensive.
trevormorley

Postby parceldave » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:55 am

trevormorley wrote:There are plenty of places to have a drink. Old Orleans next to the bowling alley always serves away fans although the service can be a bit slow, tgi's serves away fans and I think you can get a beer in Frankie & Bennies.
If you want a proper pub then you would have to a bit further but if you come by train then you would walk past a few. Thomas A Beckett, The Foundry and The Red Rover are all fine. With no stops it is about a 15-20 minute walk from the station to the ground.

Not taking any chances , went to get a prescription last night from Dr Bodds, he said a pack of 10 should do me . I get terrible travel sickness you know , ;) ;)

P.S. Mite have to bring some Black Shit , i think iv'e got a cold coming on. :lol:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 am

trevormorley wrote:There are plenty of places to have a drink. Old Orleans next to the bowling alley always serves away fans although the service can be a bit slow, tgi's serves away fans and I think you can get a beer in Frankie & Bennies.

The Hungry Horse was good for us! Thanks for the hospitality from the Northants fans pre match and to the ones that were desperately trying to wind us up post match ;)

The things we do for the love of our team eh Stanley? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:- Also, if you have any cash left after the ticket, the KFC and the beer, buy one of our programmes- "The Cobbler" was voted league one programme of the year last season ahead of the likes of Leicester's and Leeds', and content-wise is better than anything I've seen on my travels in League Two this season- there'll be plenty of Shrimps-related stuff in there as well. Costs £3.

...and it's now League Two programme of the year this season :)

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 17,00.html
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby ockers » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:
Up_The_Cobblers wrote:- Also, if you have any cash left after the ticket, the KFC and the beer, buy one of our programmes- "The Cobbler" was voted league one programme of the year last season ahead of the likes of Leicester's and Leeds', and content-wise is better than anything I've seen on my travels in League Two this season- there'll be plenty of Shrimps-related stuff in there as well. Costs £3.

...and it's now League Two programme of the year this season :)

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 17,00.html

congrats on your award a well set out corporate feel to the programme very smart indeed
cheers sean
prog ed morecambe
ockers

Return to General Discussion