Stanners Mystery

Stanners Mystery

Postby gbpacker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:37 am

I believe that Stanners will know before Saturday's game whether he is to be offered a new contract. Don't wait too long Sammy as another higher placed club is sniffing around.
gbpacker

Re: Stanners Mystery

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:52 am

I hate to say it but I think the chance of him getting a new contract is very unlikely.

IMO that is completley wrong and he would be one of the first names I would sign up but I can't see it happening.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby darrenlock » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:21 am

Agreed it could to late on in season to sign Stanley up , but at the moment money is tight in top league so it has to be awful bad in league2.
I was shocked he got dropped at the weekend but i think he will get a new one year deal offered to him come May.
darrenlock

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:10 pm

we know Sammy and some board members come on here so GET STANNERS SIGNED UP PRONTO !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:36 pm

I like Stanners and the way he plays the game. His energy gives a boost to those around him and he covers a heck of a lot of ground.

If the club announced a contract extension I'd be happy.

BUT

If we are to move forward then we can't do it without changing our team a bit.

We can't bring players in without letting other players go.

As fans WE don't know just how many new players we're wanting to bring in, whether the positions (or indeed players) have already been identified and, therefore, how many more we need to release.

I'm not saying I'd want us to release Stanners but I can't honestly say 'keep him at all costs' unless I know what plans we have to bring in other players (who may have already been identified).

That applies to a few other current players as well.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:30 pm

For me Stanners is an enigma.

On his day there are few if any in League 2 who can perform to his incredibly high standards.

However when he's not on his game, he can be infuriating with his lack of that desive pass that we all know he is more than capable of, preferring instead to go sideways. He packs a tremendous shot that he should have the confidence to use more often and take responsibilty for 'having a go' when all too often his colleagues refuse to do so.

It's been well documented that Sammy and he have had a few 'spats'. How much truth there is in this we will never really know. If that will have any bearing on the current apparent lack of contractual activity only they will know, but it would be tragic if it was.

Of course as supporters we can only speculate as to what will happen not only to Stanners but to others as well. We have to believe that the manager has a 'master plan' and that moves are already in place to replace favourites who have served our club well over the years.

If Stanners is a casualty then Sammy must be confident that whoever his replacement is will give the team added value in such an important position.

To be honest I'm more concerned with the situation regarding Baz as his loss would be of more long term significance..... without doubt Stanners would be a loss but not irreplaceable.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:38 pm

GG

With Morecambe moving to a new stadium it is going to attract more footballers and having a manager that has been manager for a few seasons already is attractive personally i think Craig will get a new deal along with Barry.
If you think about it so many footballers contracts out of end of season and including loan players it is no surprise the contracts have not been signed already.
darrenlock

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:59 pm

We need to Give Stanners a new Contract.So that he can help us to gain Promotion Next Season to League1,
northstandshrimp2009

Postby darrenlock » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:10 pm

I think with teams going down from League1 like Southend and Stockport possibly , i believe both teams will get a ten point penaltry next season.
We need 2-3 more players into squad for next season.
darrenlock

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:38 pm

I hope he gets a contract but I think he should be one of the few we let go :(
heysham_mfc

Postby The Marksman » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:I hope he gets a contract but I think he should be one of the few we let go :(

You've thoroughly contradicted yourself there. Which is it?
The Marksman

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:56 pm

The Marksman wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:I hope he gets a contract but I think he should be one of the few we let go :(

You beat me to it Marksman!

Obviously you are as :? as me.... :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:12 pm

If Sammy lets Stanners go it's one of the worst decisions in MFC history.

Drummond can still do the business, but we have to think about age, Stanners recently turned 27, can hit a deadball like no other, and has one of the best work rates at the club.
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:54 pm

everyone is assuming that Stanners would sign a contract if it was offered? He may not want to stay as a player who is in and out of the side?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Keith wrote:everyone is assuming that Stanners would sign a contract if it was offered? He may not want to stay as a player who is in and out of the side?

every time Sammy has left Stanners out he has had to bring him back at which point the results improved.

also Stanners has bought property in the area so probably wouldn't fancy along distance move if it did transpire that he didnt receive a contract.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Why is everyone assuming that the club haven't offered a contract to Craig?
Because it hasn't been announced?

Were we told Sammy and Mark had been offered contracts before they signed them?
Or indeed any of the players who have signed?

Perhaps Craig would like to see what is available elsewhere at the end of the season, perhaps he knows already, we'll never know, nor should we.

For Gods sake people leave it to the club to sort it out.

Que sera, sera.
morecambe mick

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm

I think we can comfortably replace Stanley. He is a hard working lad with a good free kick, but one dimensional. Seeing as Mullin is out of contract too we could be in for a whole new squad.
Caged Lion

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:41 pm

The Marksman wrote:

*the word should should be will if you know what I mean ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Sammy h wrote:If Sammy lets Stanners go it's one of the worst decisions in MFC history.

Drummond can still do the business, but we have to think about age, Stanners recently turned 27, can hit a deadball like no other, and has one of the best work rates at the club.

As I've said, I also like Stanners and would be happy to see him given a new contract - but you can't possibly say the above with any credibility.

What if we let him go but used his release (and a couple of others) to bring in two midfielders - or, say, Panther and a new striker - who turned out to be much better?

I'm with Mick, let's trust them to do what's right.

One thing's for absolute certain, if we just keep all the players who have been in our first team this season, then we won't do any better next season.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:18 pm

We should sign him, but put a forward pass bonus clause in his new deal. He is a bit of a crab!
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:44 pm

All will be revealed on Friday.
Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Sammy h wrote:All will be revealed on Friday.

how do you know so much :?:
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Well he must know something because of we are all wondering.
darrenlock

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Stanley could be looking at Livingstone :shock:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:44 pm

DR Livingstone i presume :lol:
Attachments
stanley3.jpg
stanley3.jpg (19.78 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Next

Return to General Discussion