New players

Re: New players

Postby bunny » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:53 pm

You say all this if he is so rubbish! how come he got player of the season last season its because he did a whole lot of good to the team last season to get us where we finished last season and must of been one of our biggest players there and to be saying this after a couple of games is stupid! Just think what an big impact he made on our season last year .
bunny

Postby The Fury » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Jody wrote:
The Fury wrote:Spot on Mark, one bad game and seemingly Danny Adams' head on a pig pole is worth big bucks. It's not like he is consistently crap is it, like a certain forwa.....oh wait, am I falling into the personal vendetta trap? :twisted:

No, fair do's. You think Blinks is crap, I think Danny Adams is crap. We all have an opinion. As long as people are consistent in these opinions, and don't change their minds when the players they've previously slated have a good game or two.
I'm not going to shoot you down for it and tell you to say it to his face.
If we all liked the same things, and agreed on everything the world would be a boring place.

True, but if more people liked my singing voice and agreed that it doesn't sound like two Giraffe's trying to strangle each other meaning my career were to take off, then I assure you I wouldn't be bored.
The Fury

Postby bigreddog » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:11 pm

The "one bad game" comment is fair enough, one swallow doesn't make a summer and one bad game doesn't make a player the anti-christ either. We have to recognise that Danny was voted by his peers as the best player last season. what he lacked in let's say "fitness" he made up for by being a move ahead of everybody else. he's always needed an iron lung to get back if he makes a forward run, so no surprise there. yesterday however, he was caught out of position on at least six occassions. the young lad parrish had to get accross to get him out of the doodoo at one point which was commendable. Danny was at fault for goals 1 and 3 and culpable for the second. It is up to danny to look at where his game was poor yesterday and come back stronger both physically and mentally but if either he or the manager thought his contribution was anywhere near good enough ysterday, they are living in cloud cookoo land. Yes the midfield were AWOL throughout. I've seen some criticsm of the two centre backs for just hoofing it. well with no midfield to pass to their priority has to be to clear their lines. Dave Artell looked really down on his way out of the club last night, he has no reason to. Dave you did the shift of two men and should be recognised for your efforts.

we can put yesterday down to a bad day at the office and let's not forget, playing a very good side. The next game is what's important. just my personal opinion but I really would like to see a team put out to do the best for the football club. not based on who has or hasn't fallen out with the coaches/manager but based on who can do the job. ego's to one side and selection on nothing other than merit. Saturday is now history, it's upto everybody associated with the club (and that includes us) to help write a new chapter.

Good luck for this coming saturday.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Neil G » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:10 pm

Dave Artell looked really down on his way out of the club last night, he has no reason to

I think it might have had something to do with him having friends and family watching his current club completely outclassed by his former and home town club Rotherham United.
Neil G

Postby MorecambeMickey » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:41 pm

It sounds very much to me like some people have been slavishly foaming at the mouth waiting for some people..... in fact, lets name names, waiting for Danny to have a bad run, and now, predictably, the picket signs and burning torches are very much out in force. Well, people are waffling about being allowed opinions like a bad episode of The Jeremy Kyle Show, so i'll throw mine in.

The use in the first half of Wainwright running both wings left Danny badly exposed. They scored their goals down that side not because he was the weak link in our defence, but because of the ridiculous amount of space in which they were allowed to attack the defence. That is why Wayne was brought on, so Wainwright - blatantly Man Of The Match by a long way, and mark my words, will be a hell of a player for us this year - didn't have to play in two positions. That was Sammy's mistake, as acknowledged by the half time substitution, and the overriding feeling I got in the first half was one of sympathy towards Danny, not foaming at the mouth bile.

The main problem apart from this seemed to be the abject lack of creativitiy from everyone bar Neil Wainwright. Mclaughlin, Carr and Hunter are too similar to be played in the same team. What struck me as odd was that Carr seemed to line up on the left at Wycombe and held the line fairly well, swapping with Wainwright at times and causing them problems. Saturday saw three battling central midfielders and one winger. Take away the three superbly taken goals and therein lies your problem. Sammy saw this, changed it accordingly and the second half was much improved. Or did a lot of people miss the sitter of a header Bentley missed? The snatched chance of a badly under-confident Blinkhorn? The well taken Neil Wainwright goal?
Rotherham took their chances, we didn't. Simple. Stop the vendettas, support the team, trust the manager, etc etc.

Oh, for the record, forever stating your opinion as to whether a player is 'crap' or not is not being consistant, it has another name. Narrow mindedness. It's just as bad as the berk who, whenever Blinkhorn touches the ball, proclaimes "'kin Blinkhorn, always getting shoved off the ball", as bad as the bellends who yelled at Thommo when he had the audacity to be dispossesed last season despite setting up the majority of our goals and worse than the pillock behind me in the North Stand, desperate for a long range effort from anyone, forgetting that we don't possess a single player - with the exception of maybe Carr, but i'm just guessing and not making rash judgements - who can 'pop one in from 30 yards'.

But hey, just my opinion mind ;)
MorecambeMickey

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:02 am

MorecambeMickey wrote:It sounds very much to me like some people have been slavishly foaming at the mouth waiting for some people..... in fact, lets name names, waiting for Danny to have a bad run, and now, predictably, the picket signs and burning torches are very much out in force. Well, people are waffling about being allowed opinions like a bad episode of The Jeremy Kyle Show, so i'll throw mine in.

The use in the first half of Wainwright running both wings left Danny badly exposed. They scored their goals down that side not because he was the weak link in our defence, but because of the ridiculous amount of space in which they were allowed to attack the defence. That is why Wayne was brought on, so Wainwright - blatantly Man Of The Match by a long way, and mark my words, will be a hell of a player for us this year - didn't have to play in two positions. That was Sammy's mistake, as acknowledged by the half time substitution, and the overriding feeling I got in the first half was one of sympathy towards Danny, not foaming at the mouth bile.

The main problem apart from this seemed to be the abject lack of creativitiy from everyone bar Neil Wainwright. Mclaughlin, Carr and Hunter are too similar to be played in the same team. What struck me as odd was that Carr seemed to line up on the left at Wycombe and held the line fairly well, swapping with Wainwright at times and causing them problems. Saturday saw three battling central midfielders and one winger. Take away the three superbly taken goals and therein lies your problem. Sammy saw this, changed it accordingly and the second half was much improved. Or did a lot of people miss the sitter of a header Bentley missed? The snatched chance of a badly under-confident Blinkhorn? The well taken Neil Wainwright goal?
Rotherham took their chances, we didn't. Simple. Stop the vendettas, support the team, trust the manager, etc etc.

Oh, for the record, forever stating your opinion as to whether a player is 'crap' or not is not being consistant, it has another name. Narrow mindedness. It's just as bad as the berk who, whenever Blinkhorn touches the ball, proclaimes "'kin Blinkhorn, always getting shoved off the ball", as bad as the bellends who yelled at Thommo when he had the audacity to be dispossesed last season despite setting up the majority of our goals and worse than the pillock behind me in the North Stand, desperate for a long range effort from anyone, forgetting that we don't possess a single player - with the exception of maybe Carr, but i'm just guessing and not making rash judgements - who can 'pop one in from 30 yards'.

But hey, just my opinion mind ;)

Fair comments.

It will be a sorry day when we can't disagree without individuals resorting to personal abuse.

Although I think DA to be responsible for at least 2 of the goals (1 and 3 identical, despite WC being on the left in the 2nd half) I appreciate what DA has brought to the club but as in life in general, there comes a time when we have to move on. DA hasn't suddenly become a bad player overnight, but time catches up with us all eventually. Sammy's loyalty to his friend is commendable, but both now surely realise that for the good of the club and in DA's case his personal reputation that it's time to consider if it's time to move over for somebody else.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:28 am

Christies Child wrote:Sammy's loyalty to his friend is commendable, but both now surely realise that for the good of the club and in DA's case his personal reputation that it's time to consider if it's time to move over for somebody else.

I presume you can back up the repeated comments you make that Sammy is picking Danny Adams because he is his friend? It sounds very much like you're questioning the professionalism of the manager to me.
campdave

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

Jody wrote:I take it by the 'regular poster' comment you mean me. I've never ever been an Adams fan right from the word go and I have my reasons, I'm not going to deny that. Id like to think I'm consistent with this and I don't jump on his bandwagon when he plays ok.
Everyone likes and dislikes players, and almost every player gets slated on here when they have a bad game. Why should Danny be an exception? He cost us 3 goals yesterday, and 3 points that could be vital at the end of the season.
Yes he was voted player of the season last year, but that's opinion and not everyone has to agree. That is the joy of having an opinion. And if Lloydie, or anyone else agrees with me I think thats up to them.

Jody

Yes I meant you and Mick, but didnt want to name you and make it personal as I have respect for you both on your usual views of how things are, apart from this one subject.

If you replace the above word consistent with relentless then it makes more sense. If it is personal (which you hint at with 'I have my reasons'), then fair enough, but the way you come across on this subject is almost campaignlike whenever you get an opportunity. Just my observation. If I am wrong on that, fair enough and apologies.

Lloydie

Entitled to your opinion and I agree that Danny had a shocker on Saturday, but did a guy who came in and played a massive part in our promotion to the Football League deserve the comments you made in such a manner?

Lloydie wrote:Don't post much these days on here, but was fired up for a rant at how shite Danny Adams is but have cooled down a little. The sooner he's pensioned off the better!!

My other suggestion is to get people to run up and down the carwash with giant cut outs of pies (ala the yellow hands at Vauxhall Motors) to show him were he should be !! He was caught out of postion and had no fitness/motivation to get back.

Shite? Pensioned off? Suggestions of embarrassing him with cut out pies?

In my opinion out of order and no way to treat a Wembley Legend. Its too easy to hide behind the messageboard with vitriolic comments, but would you have the courage to disrespect him to his face? You admit, quite rightly, no.

Mick

Personally I believe that you should be prepared for two things when you make personal comments on here about an individual.

1 - Be prepared to Stand up in Court and defend any claims of Libel.
2 - Have the courage to say it face to face to the individual.

Its too easy to hide behind the board and spout off. I know you would say it face to face, but how many others would? Not many.

Your desire to champion Michael Howard back into Danny's position is well documented, but that seems (again just in my opinion) to be more about your friendliness towards Michael than Danny. Again, fair enough but as I stated in a thread a few weeks ago, Danny must have been voted PPOTY for some reason? I dont think it was a sympathy vote. I thought POTY should have gone to Jimbo. But thats just my opinion.
Mark S

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 am

My worry is who on earth would we bring in to create some creativity I can't really think of anyone. It looks like we are going to struggle for goals all season and it will be a long hard season because as soon as we go one behind were in trouble.

Adams was a shambles on saturday backed off his man for two goals and let the lad have a shot. Sammy has dropped players for making one mistake in one game eg yates it will be intresting to see if he drops adams somehow I think not.

I just can't see where the goals are going to come from and IMO that formation on saturdays just smacked of desperation as Sammy didn't know who to have on the left. The team was so unbalanced and the midfielders didn't have a clue where to play and poor wainwright musnt have known if he was coming and going. As soon as curtis came on the team was more balanced and wainwright would have never been in that position for the goal if we had played the same formation as the first half.

I have been saying all the summer I don't think the players that have come in are as good as some of the ones that we let go and the players that might be better he doesn't play!

Next week I would have Howard at left back, Yates at right back, curtis on the left and Howe & O'caroll up front.

I think if Curtis doesn't play the whole team will be unbalanced with no left sided player. I think curtis is a good player but when your whole team relys upon one man playing then I think we are in trouble.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:24 pm

P/T Indie wrote:My worry is who on earth would we bring in to create some creativity I can't really think of anyone. It looks like we are going to struggle for goals all season and it will be a long hard season because as soon as we go one behind were in trouble.

Adams was a shambles on saturday backed off his man for two goals and let the lad have a shot. Sammy has dropped players for making one mistake in one game eg yates it will be intresting to see if he drops adams somehow I think not.

I just can't see where the goals are going to come from and IMO that formation on saturdays just smacked of desperation as Sammy didn't know who to have on the left. The team was so unbalanced and the midfielders didn't have a clue where to play and poor wainwright musnt have known if he was coming and going. As soon as curtis came on the team was more balanced and wainwright would have never been in that position for the goal if we had played the same formation as the first half.

I have been saying all the summer I don't think the players that have come in are as good as some of the ones that we let go and the players that might be better he doesn't play!

Next week I would have Howard at left back, Yates at right back, curtis on the left and Howe & O'caroll up front.

I think if Curtis doesn't play the whole team will be unbalanced with no left sided player. I think curtis is a good player but when your whole team relys upon one man playing then I think we are in trouble.

I would go for your changes but in addition it needs Stanley or some similar replacement and Drummy or some similar replacement in midfield. Midfield was over run on Saturday which is where the problems stemmed. That is why the centre backs had to bypass midfield with 80 yard punts as it was the only way to get the ball to the front players.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:35 pm

regradless of the fact Adams was one of the Wembley heroes and that he was the players player etc last season, no one can deny that he had a very very poor game and that was largely due to the fact that he relies on his skill to get him out of trouble when his fitness lets him down. He obviously had an off day like all players do, but when you so heavilly rely on your skill over fitness you can look very silly when it doesn't come off.
I just believe that with a little weight shifted and bit of work on fitness he wouldn't be so easily embarrased again.
IMO being dropped for Howard would give him the incentive to work on this weakness.

If I was a scout for Bury I would go back and say run everything down the right wing at adams.

He wasn't the only one to blame though, no creativity in the middle portion of the pitch, Carr gave nothing to the game IMO and Stanley would have been a much better inclusion to help out Hunter who ran himself ragged with not much to show for it. The front two pairing were playing like lone stikers and didn't link up or play off each other, but this will hopefully come with time.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:regradless of the fact Adams was one of the Wembley heroes and that he was the players player etc last season, no one can deny that he had a very very poor game and that was largely due to the fact that he relies on his skill to get him out of trouble when his fitness lets him down.

Totally agree with that and have said so. What I didnt agree with is the abusive message calling him 'Shite', saying he needs pensioning off and suggesting a group of fans should hassle him during a match with cutout pies.

Danny probably has more of a footballing brain than all of us put together, he will know that he has had a bad game. One bad game. I have not said anywhere Danny had a good game or anything of the kind. I just take exception to disrespect.

FWIW I would drop him for Bury and give him a month to get in better shape. Michael Howard step forward. But there again, I am not the Manager.
Mark S

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:19 pm

I can't let Lloydie take all the flak though, after a couple of post match pints I had a good old rant about Adams and made some pie eating remarks too. just a bit of football banter and not meant to be disrespectfull.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby stoyles » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:17 pm

this topic pays testament to that old saying;

those that can, do and those that can't, talk about it.(and usually shite)
stoyles

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:48 pm

P/T Indie wrote:My worry is who on earth would we bring in to create some creativity I can't really think of anyone. It looks like we are going to struggle for goals all season and it will be a long hard season because as soon as we go one behind were in trouble.

Nice post Phil ;)
Let's get one thing straight for a few on here, NOBODY EXPECTS MORECAMBE FC TO BE WORLDBEATERS! but they do expect to see the best side we have put out WIN or LOSE!
Saturday's performance was toothless, disjointed and bloody awful to watch, I would like to think that our next home game would be better with more effort shown and a decent formation (more balanced) again WIN or LOSE! not that bothered as long as I see more of what I know I should be seeing.
HALMA 1983

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:56 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Sammy's loyalty to his friend is commendable, but both now surely realise that for the good of the club and in DA's case his personal reputation that it's time to consider if it's time to move over for somebody else.

I presume you can back up the repeated comments you make that Sammy is picking Danny Adams because he is his friend? It sounds very much like you're questioning the professionalism of the manager to me.

I don't have to back up any of my comments on this subject to you or anybody else for that matter because it simply isn't necessary. It's an opinion, nothing more than that. You have yours. I have mine.

And as for 'repeated comments'.....???????????
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Christies Child wrote:And as for 'repeated comments'.....???????????

You don't need to back anything you say up, but opening questioning the managers professionalism by saying he puts his mates before the team is out of order IMO.

As for repeated comments - you've already mentioned it twice in this thread.
campdave

Postby Castaway » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:11 pm

The use in the first half of Wainwright running both wings left Danny badly exposed. They scored their goals down that side not because he was the weak link in our defence, but because of the ridiculous amount of space in which they were allowed to attack the defence.

I wasn't there on Saturday but doesn't sound like we learnt our lesson from your comments, Mick.

Wycombe:

Quote:
most of the dangerous crosses came from Gavin Grant down their right flank giving Danny Adamns quite a bit to do think it was the midfield who needed to be a tighter?

Quite right they did and this will always happen when we play with one winger.

If I was Peter Taylor, I would have had his right back pushing right up against Danny Adams for the whole game. Afterall he didn't have a left winger to defend against! The warning signs are there and that's no fault of Dannys.

A case of Rotherham just doing their homework?
Castaway

Postby Raeyes » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:19 pm

I think too many posters on here have clouded vision over certain members of the personnel at the club, due to the apparent friendships with certain players. I can't believe Danny Adams ability has been question and can only laugh at some people's sheer blindness. How can feelings for one individual player overspill to the point that the manager's judgment is questioned? Let us not forget, this manager has taken us further than any other and in a shorter space of time.

I'm quite impartial, I take no kudos from knowing any of the squad members. My unclouded vision, along with the players, managers and majority of the Morecambe support is that Danny Adams is a class act. I like MH, but Danny Adams has proved for the last two seasons that he is head and shoulders above him.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Raeyes

Postby badger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:10 pm

Hello , Im new to this so be patient if i cock up the spilling..spelling! I picked good old Danny Adams as my PLayer of the season last year and I think he has been 'Mr consistant' over the last 2 years .But thats all history now, with the start of the new season any one who was at the game on saturday ( or watched the goals on Sky Big League 2 ) can see that our Danny needs to loose a bit .... perhaps a stone or so .He does have a good footballing brain , but at the momnet he has the body of a darts player !!!!and many of the fans in the North Stand!!!(like me and my mates)
my screen name is Badger but i think ive gone on as annonymous!
badger

Postby Lloydie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Ok I take back 'shite' as was harsh.

'pensioned off' I will change to 'not as effective as previous years due to poor fitness for someone whos job it is to keep in shape'

as for cardboard pies, thats banter its part of football.

Right thats my last post and ill go back to just being a reader again

tarra
Lloydie

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Right thats my last post and ill go back to just being a reader again

tarra[/quote]

I certainly hope not! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Christies Child

Postby Jolly rog branch » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:43 pm

All this talk about DA or MH, we all need to realise Sammy chose his first choice last season and that was that but as fans we are all allowed an opinion. To call DA shite is very disrespectful but it is common knowledge that he is overweight. Now i see ppoty and poty awards are being brought up, if i am not mistaken MH was awarded some kind of award the season before. I am very friendly with MH and one thing is for sure he is a true proffesional as are most of the players at the club. Fact is DA is overweight and WAS at fault for at least two goals on saturday but one bad game wont result in him being dropped and myself, mick, jody and any other MH fans know that so lets put this topic to bed now and leave Sammy to pick the team like he is paid to do. Emotions run high after a defeat especially a defeat with such a poor performance but lets give the lads a chance to gel. If we all put the amount of effort into singing at the game as we do complaining on here i am certain it will spur our team onto greater performances. Come on we arev the friendliest supporters lets be the loudest.
Jolly rog branch

Previous

Return to General Discussion