Black market tickets?

Re: Black market tickets?

Postby alwaysright » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Is this a serious topic ? blackmarket tickets, this is Morecambe FC were talking about here, hard core following of 1600 add the big time charlies probably 1,000 together with 400ish from visitors, 3,000 tops.
alwaysright

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Keith wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:What about this for a bizarre scenario? Tickets start selling well, so main stand, north stand and car wash are looking pretty full, only to find that the Shots can't get into the play offs themselves and so the Christie Avenue end only has about 100 or so Aldershot fans in it.
So, due to segregation rules, some Morecame fans can't see the game! :cry:

Please please tell me i am barking up the wrong tree, and that this situation could not happen.......could it?? :o

Btw I might yet be one of those season ticket holders who may not take up the chance of the extra tickets.

It could but remember it is the last gbame of the season and Aldershot will bring more just because it's the last LEAGUE game at Christie park home fans have been given the whole of the main stand so it's just the south stand for away fans.

Fixed your quote :roll: Too early to say 'last game'...

Fixed it back again... :roll: :roll: :roll:

(I'll change it back on Tuesday)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Look at other teams final games at their old grounds and their final crowds are usually not massively more than average. I suppose it will depend how well the club promotes the match and whether we will have anything to play for.

If we are sitting in mid-table I think anything over 4000 will be decent, which sould certainly still make for a great atmosphere. :D
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:14 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:What about this for a bizarre scenario? Tickets start selling well, so main stand, north stand and car wash are looking pretty full, only to find that the Shots can't get into the play offs themselves and so the Christie Avenue end only has about 100 or so Aldershot fans in it.
So, due to segregation rules, some Morecame fans can't see the game! :cry:

Please please tell me i am barking up the wrong tree, and that this situation could not happen.......could it?? :o

For the game at Exeter last season the Exeter fans took all the away end behind the goals and we were designated around 100 seats with a piece of tape segregating us from the home fans!! :o On the upside we were able to walk straight in while the home fans had to queue for miles and many did'nt get in.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Aldershot will bring more just because it's the last LEAGUE game at Christie park home fans have been given the whole of the main stand so it's just the south stand for away fans.

fixed your message... it's too early to say! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:38 pm

hope we can keep it that way untill the end of May ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:23 pm

alwaysright wrote:Is this a serious topic ? blackmarket tickets, this is Morecambe FC were talking about here, hard core following of 1600 add the big time charlies probably 1,000 together with 400ish from visitors, 3,000 tops.

What planet are you living on. This is the last ever game at Christie Park FGS !!! Think of all the people who have visited over the years, all of the fans who aren't able to make games anymore, and of course everyone else within the town who will want to witness this historic occassion.

The club are expecting a sell out and I have no doubt this will be the case, well, 4500-5000 atleast.
Crooky MFC

Postby alwaysright » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:33 pm

I think your rather deluded mate, 3,5oo tops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
alwaysright

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:01 pm

alwaysright wrote:I think your rather deluded mate, 3,5oo tops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If that happens Ned, its quite laughable of how poor that is for the last ever game at Christie Park.
Crooky MFC

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:24 pm

I think people are optimistic about the final gate at Christie Park. The club are rightly building the fixture up, and I think that it will be a very memorable occasion. It no doubt means a lot to the regulars who go to games all the time, but I'm not sure to what extent it will entice the rest of the towns residents to come down.

Generally from chats in the pub with other people who are in to football etc, it doesn't seem to be a topic that comes up at the moment (this might change closer to the time). If you take yourself out of the bubble that is being a Morecambe fan, why would the last game at Christie Park mean all that much to you? Morecambe will still be playing league football next season. If you only ever go to games that have something riding on it (Wembley) and have not even been to Christie Park that many times then I can't see it meaning all that much. Remember that its only 15 or so years ago that we were getting 300 through the gates (to those people I'd imagine this game means so much more.

I remember one year when we got to the semi-finals of the FA Trophy and Jim Harvey called on a big crowd of 4,000+ to roar us on to Villa Park. At the time for me as a fan I thought this game was massive, one of the biggest we'd had for years. What a shock it was when barely 2,000 turned up. Underestimate this towns apathy at your peril.

I hope I'm wrong.
RedRedWine1

Postby scar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:50 pm

With the influx of the extra ticket touts, I might have to put on a Special Accommodation Rate for the massive numbers of touts CC expects.....
scar

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:
alwaysright wrote:I think your rather deluded mate, 3,5oo tops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If that happens Ned, its quite laughable of how poor that is for the last ever game at Christie Park.

Agree we should be getting a sell out or near sell out for this game yes most of the football fans in the town don't support the team but just look at how many we took to Wembley and play offs games and also maybe not this season but last season and the one before our home game against Bradford. Allthough we don't get big gates every home game the support does tend to rise quite a bit when a big game is coming up.
heysham_mfc

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Promoted well and with the team in a bit of form may see us pushing 4000-4500 home fans. A full house I expect not, unless there is a play-off spot up for grabs.

I intend to bring along my entire imediate family and as many mates who I have dragged along over the years as possible. If everyone plans to do the same we may well push for a full house :D
Wild Bill

Postby Curly » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Is the Black Market going to replace the one in Lancaster? :?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 am

Is it free entry to this Black Market?

I know some charge an entrance fee, like the antiques one at Hornsea pottery in Lancaster.
Although the one in the Alhambra don't charge for looking at tat :!:
morecambe mick

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:56 am

the black market could be housed in the super massive black hole at the new arena :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:30 pm

I agree with Wigan Shrimp and Red Red Wine. The fact that there will be a full league programme on 8th May means the ManU/Liverpool/PNE/and mildly interested fans will probably not be there.
Remember, when we played York in the semi final 2nd leg, that was on the Bank Holiday Monday when there wasn't a full league programme, same when we played Dagenham in 2003.

Aldershot coming from a long distance means less away supporters than a more local team,
and this all adds up to not making a full house attendance.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:36 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:the black market could be housed in the super massive black hole at the new arena :roll:

The list is growing of those I'd like to see buried in the hole! :o

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:21 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I agree with Wigan Shrimp and Red Red Wine. The fact that there will be a full league programme on 8th May means the ManU/Liverpool/PNE/and mildly interested fans will probably not be there.
Remember, when we played York in the semi final 2nd leg, that was on the Bank Holiday Monday when there wasn't a full league programme, same when we played Dagenham in 2003.

Aldershot coming from a long distance means less away supporters than a more local team,
and this all adds up to not making a full house attendance.

most of the so called man utd and liverpool fand have never evewn set foot in old trafford or anfield and don't watch the games anyway!
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Curly wrote:Is the Black Market going to replace the one in Lancaster? :?

Hosted by MySpaceAntics.com

I thought it was made illegal years ago?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Curly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:17 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I think people are optimistic about the final gate at Christie Park. The club are rightly building the fixture up, and I think that it will be a very memorable occasion. It no doubt means a lot to the regulars who go to games all the time, but I'm not sure to what extent it will entice the rest of the towns residents to come down.

Generally from chats in the pub with other people who are in to football etc, it doesn't seem to be a topic that comes up at the moment (this might change closer to the time). If you take yourself out of the bubble that is being a Morecambe fan, why would the last game at Christie Park mean all that much to you? Morecambe will still be playing league football next season. If you only ever go to games that have something riding on it (Wembley) and have not even been to Christie Park that many times then I can't see it meaning all that much. Remember that its only 15 or so years ago that we were getting 300 through the gates (to those people I'd imagine this game means so much more.

I remember one year when we got to the semi-finals of the FA Trophy and Jim Harvey called on a big crowd of 4,000+ to roar us on to Villa Park. At the time for me as a fan I thought this game was massive, one of the biggest we'd had for years. What a shock it was when barely 2,000 turned up. Underestimate this towns apathy at your peril.

I hope I'm wrong.

A bit of common sense at last ;)
The last game at Christie Park only matters to Morecambe supporters.
I would be amazed if you couldn't pay in "on the day"
I bought a ticket yesterday for my wife,
the club sold 97 tickets on Saturday to season ticket holders,
not the mad rush some people seem to be expecting :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Previous

Return to General Discussion