Decision Time

Decision Time

Postby gbpacker » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Is the manager going to let Craig Stanley become a free agent or get his skates on and sign him? He has been great this season since becoming a fixture in the side but maybe the manager is afraid of a strong personality. Come on Sammy sign him before someone else does!
gbpacker

Re: Decision Time

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 pm

gbpacker wrote:Is the manager going to let Craig Stanley become a free agent or get his skates on and sign him? He has been great this season since becoming a fixture in the side but maybe the manager is afraid of a strong personality. Come on Sammy sign him before someone else does!

Staners, Craney or Panther?

Sammy will probably decide to let at least one go to possibly bring in somebody else.

For me Craney offers more all round game ability and Panther in the games I've seen has more defensive qualities. Just feel that Staners could be more creative at times than prefering to go sideways.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:
gbpacker wrote:Is the manager going to let Craig Stanley become a free agent or get his skates on and sign him? He has been great this season since becoming a fixture in the side but maybe the manager is afraid of a strong personality. Come on Sammy sign him before someone else does!

Staners, Craney or Panther?

Sammy will probably decide to let at least one go to possibly bring in somebody else.

For me Craney offers more all round game ability and Panther in the games I've seen has more defensive qualities. Just feel that Staners could be more creative at times than prefering to go sideways.

all 3 are the sort of players we need for our midfield IMHO.

Craney competing with Drummy for the "foot on the ball" type of midfielder that can play a telling pass. Stanners the "box to box" midfielder making driving runs and giving the ball to Drummy/Craney/Hackney etc. Panther as the midfield enforcer protecting the back 4.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby feelingguilty » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Craney and Panther are not ours to let go - there current club might want them back!!
feelingguilty

Postby darrenlock » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:08 pm

This is why i was on about Exeter City because the club let Manny come to Morecambe and if Exeter stay up i think the club could sell up.

And with Huddersfield some of the better players for them have been linked with summer moves they have a young ambitious chairman , i think if Huddersfield get to Championship then they will release Crainey that's if he contract with Huddersfield is due at end of the season.
darrenlock

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Manny's contract expires with Exeter in the summer and I cant see him returning there after what happened. I really hope he wants to stay here and we can get him signed up - before his injury it was evident to see that he is a great footballer its just a shame we havent had a full season of him thanks to Sol.

Craney still has a year on his contract at Huddersfield so it all depends on what their plans are for him. I still think craney is a great player as a forward thinking midfielder which was a breath of fresh air at the start of the season - again, his injury hasnt allowed us to see his full potential.
Morecambe Jack

Postby darrenlock » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Well i think if Huddersfield don't get promotion there have alot of quality in midfield and i can see teams like Leeds taking on those players.

I think Huddersfield will only get promotion in play offs and not top2 .
darrenlock

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:31 pm

I think we should keep Stanners cos he's got a really good dead ball.
Little Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I think we should keep Stanners cos he's got a really good dead ball.

Looks better than he actually is 'cause we've got nobody else'. I'd be interested to see how many actual goals have come as a result of a Stanners 'dead ball kicks'.

I believe that Hackney has a bit of a deft touch when it comes to free kicks around an opponents box. Let's hope we see an example of it sooner rather than later.

:) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:I think we should keep Stanners cos he's got a really good dead ball.

Looks better than he actually is 'cause we've got nobody else'. I'd be interested to see how may actual goals have come as a result of a Stanners 'dead ball kicks'.

I believe that Hackney has a bit of a deft touch when it comes to free kicks around an opponents box. Let's hope we see an example of it sooner rather than later.

quite a lot of goals have come from Stanners corners and free kicks. In addition he has the most goal assists of any Morecambe player.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Looks better than he actually is 'cause we've got nobody else'. I'd be interested to see how may actual goals have come as a result of a Stanners 'dead ball kicks'.

quite a lot of goals have come from Stanners corners and free kicks. In addition he has the most goal assists of any Morecambe player.

Well he is the only one that seems to take free kicks and corners. He will be taking a few more from the left hand side no doubt now Twissy has left the building. On that note surely somebody else could figure in dead ball situations for a bit of variation. Stanners has been kicking the ball too close to the keeper in recent games I.M.O.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Stanners has been kicking the ball too close to the keeper in recent games I.M.O.

With corners that's our usual tacic which works well.
Little Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Stanners has been kicking the ball too close to the keeper in recent games I.M.O.

Good point Mr. Shrimp but too often for me the keeper catches the ball without anyone near to challenge. Let's both watch closely tomorrow and see who wins the most ~ the strikers or the keeper ;)

(That will now guarantee Mully will get a hat trick of goals from Stanners free kicks & corners! :lol: )
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:59 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:

Good point Mr. Shrimp but too often for me the keeper catches the ball without anyone near to challenge. Let's both watch closely tomorrow and see who wins the most ~ the strikers or the keeper ;)

(That will now guarantee Mully will get a hat trick of goals from Stanners free kicks & corners! :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're on :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:25 pm

hope we can get manny and no bigger clubs are interested
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion