Was Twiss up front or on the wing?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: Michael and Danny sign for Jim Harvey

Postby Posh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 pm

mellow wrote:Twiss anonymous.
Adams regularly troubled by Robbie Booth ffs!

I can see why they were released

Interesting that Stalyvegas fans think differently with lots of good comments about the pair of them. After everything I said about Twissy needing to play up front, JH sticks him on the wing with Banim up front on his own.

Good to see Earl Davies roundly hailed as magnificent by both sets of fans. Always thought he was potential league material but seems to happy playing well consistently at a lower level.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Jim Harvey hasn't learned his lesson. He also started Twissy on the left wing here and I gather he was most unimpressed to be asked to play there.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mellow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Posh wrote:
mellow wrote:Twiss anonymous.
Adams regularly troubled by Robbie Booth ffs!

I can see why they were released

Interesting that Stalyvegas fans think differently with lots of good comments about the pair of them. After everything I said about Twissy needing to play up front, JH sticks him on the wing with Banim up front on his own.

Good to see Earl Davies roundly hailed as magnificent by both sets of fans. Always thought he was potential league material but seems to happy playing well consistently at a lower level.

Staly were awful. They have no right to praise any of their players.
mellow

Postby The Fury » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:45 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Jim Harvey hasn't learned his lesson. He also started Twissy on the left wing here and I gather he was most unimpressed to be asked to play there.

Yep. Jim then moved Twissy into a central striking role where he got 27 goals. Jim undoubtedly got the best out of Twissy and, to me, it's clear Twissy best enjoyed his football under Jim's auspices; hence there being no surprise when they were reunited.
The Fury

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:12 pm

The Fury wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Jim Harvey hasn't learned his lesson. He also started Twissy on the left wing here and I gather he was most unimpressed to be asked to play there.

Yep. Jim then moved Twissy into a central striking role where he got 27 goals. Jim undoubtedly got the best out of Twissy and, to me, it's clear Twissy best enjoyed his football under Jim's auspices; hence there being no surprise when they were reunited.

well Michael signed his 2nd 3 year contract for Sammy so doesn't look like he wanted to be re-united with Jim when he was at Forest Green!!
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
The Fury wrote:

well Michael signed his 2nd 3 year contract for Sammy so doesn't look like he wanted to be re-united with Jim when he was at Forest Green!!

So the reason he didn't want to more than halve his pay, make a 400 mile round-trip from his home at least once a week, stay away from his family and drop to a struggling team in non-league was all because he had a better relationship with Sammy than Jim. Silly me for not working that one out.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:37 pm

Yep. Jim then moved Twissy into a central striking role where he got 27 goals. Jim undoubtedly got the best out of Twissy and, to me, it's clear Twissy best enjoyed his football under Jim's auspices; hence there being no surprise when they were reunited.[/quote]

well Michael signed his 2nd 3 year contract for Sammy so doesn't look like he wanted to be re-united with Jim when he was at Forest Green!![/quote]

So the reason he didn't want to more than halve his pay, make a 400 mile round-trip from his home at least once a week, stay away from his family and drop to a struggling team in non-league was all because he had a better relationship with Sammy than Jim. Silly me for not working that one out.[/quote]

I think the point I was trying to make was that Michael must have had a decent relationship with Sammy to sign another 3 year contract at a time when a number of league clubs were courting him.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby The Fury » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Yep. Jim then moved Twissy into a central striking role where he got 27 goals. Jim undoubtedly got the best out of Twissy and, to me, it's clear Twissy best enjoyed his football under Jim's auspices; hence there being no surprise when they were reunited.

well Michael signed his 2nd 3 year contract for Sammy so doesn't look like he wanted to be re-united with Jim when he was at Forest Green!![/quote]

So the reason he didn't want to more than halve his pay, make a 400 mile round-trip from his home at least once a week, stay away from his family and drop to a struggling team in non-league was all because he had a better relationship with Sammy than Jim. Silly me for not working that one out.[/quote]

I think the point I was trying to make was that Michael must have had a decent relationship with Sammy to sign another 3 year contract at a time when a number of league clubs were courting him.[/quote]

You also suggested that Harvey wasted Twissy on the left wing. If anything, I'd say Sammy was more guilty of just that.
The Fury

Postby Dysie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 pm

and nobody knows anything about football more than Jim Harvey :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'm still waiting for FGR FC to pass us on their way up - as we're on the way down (under Sammy) Mrs H !!
Dysie

Previous

Return to General Discussion