A BIG THANKYOU

Re: A BIG THANKYOU

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:30 pm

I would just like to add that Twissy was one of a special breed of player, the one that when he received the ball just outside the box, we thought something good was about to happen, and more often than not, it did!
We may never have got into the league without the signing of Michael in 2004, he gave us so many magic moments, and it would be fitting if he got a special ovation on May 8th.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby simmy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks for the enjoyment that you have given to the fans of our club over the years Michael.

You have played a major part in our success and will rightly be remembered as one of the clubs great players.

Hope you get sorted with a new club soon. Whoever gets you can consider themselves very lucky.

Just make sure that you make the time to come back and say a proper goodbye.
simmy

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:47 pm

As everyone has already said Twissy. Thanks for everything and good luck in the future.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby bigreddog » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Here's a few clips to help bring good memories flooding back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleLjX56CYs
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Just been watching the compilation cc posted, Twissy, class man on and off the pitch, hope twissy and danny get fixed up rapid, hopefully in the same team 8-) 8-)
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby About Halfway » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Its been a pleasure to watch a player like Twissy over the years!

When you watch football, you are just waiting for that bit of magic, the bit of skill which makes you just applaud without thinking, the shot that picks out the top corner and you look at the person next to you in disbelief asking "did you see that?"

In my time, cainey would do something like that, coley could score a goal from nothing, stevie holden would produce something a bit special and grimmie could you get pumped up with a thumping tackle! Twissy, for me, stands above all of them.

When twissy picked up the ball, dropped his shoulder and out paced his marker, you could sense something special was going to happen. Everyone in the crowd was thinking the same, hit it twissy, hit it!

It was great to have a player like twissy in the team. You knew every team feared him and tried to stop him playing.

Thanks for the memories, the magic moments and the goals i can describe to my little boy when hes old enough to understand, just like my dad told me about charlie lee.
About Halfway

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Didn't think that would be the last time we saw Michael in a Morecambe first team shirt. :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby skyecat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Keith wrote:Image

Didn't think that would be the last time we saw Michael in a Morecambe first team shirt. :cry:

Glad I was there to see it. Thanks Michael and good luck
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:26 pm

it's ironic that his last game was against his home town
heysham_mfc

Postby chipbuns » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Will never be forgotten.

Thank you for the memories.

One of my all time favourite players and a joy to watch.

It feels really strange already seeing a Morecambe side without Twiss!

Hopefully you'll find a club quickly and be back among the goals soon!
chipbuns

Postby rossi » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:08 am

hiya michael, am glad you came on here so you could read all the messages of support that we have given you on hearing of your release. we are all gona miss your legendary talented football. me in particular, im your biggest fan ever. i even set up a facebook group for you about 3 years ago :D i stand at the corner flag in the carwash stand and everytime you come over for a corner, without fail i say the same thing " Go on Twissy " omg im gona miss sayin that now :cry:

when you ran at the defenders and skinned them i always had this massive smile on my face as i knew that what i had just witnessed was something special !!! i have so many memories of you at morecambe. the season where you got 25+ goals in the conference, the game at wembley, the stunning goals you gave us, the talent you have, and so much more :D

can i just say that it has been a privilege to see you play, and that you are a morecambe fc legend and the best player i have ever seen play for us :D :D :D

Thank you for the memories twissy, and good luck with finding a new club !!!
rossi

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:27 am

Good luck Michael Twiss.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Curly » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:20 am

All the best for the future, Michael. ;)
Massive thanks again, for all the memories of your time here. :D
"He's here,he's there.....................MICHAEL TWISS
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Mighty Red » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks for everything Michael. Good luck for the future.
Mighty Red

Postby Sharpy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:21 am

He's here, he's there, and we're not going to swear, Michael Twiss, Michael Twiss!!" only wish he was still here and not there :(

If he isn't deserving of Legend status then no one is.
good luck and come back for the first game in the new stadium eh?
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Good luck Michael, thanks for the memories. My lass and a few others will seriously miss your thighs!! :o Still got your ripped shorts with the original mud on them from a couple of seasons ago and your sponsored shirt from 07/08 ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Good luck Michael, thanks for the memories. My lass and a few others will seriously miss your thighs!! :o Still got your ripped shorts with the original mud on them from a couple of seasons ago and your sponsored shirt from 07/08 ;)

I used to work ( :o :lol: ) with somebody who had a pair of dirty John Terry shorts. He wore them as undergarments for all Chelsea games until quite recently, when they fell to pieces!

:lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Good luck Twissy, you'll always be a legend here!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Minder » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Posted this before the weekend on the other topic. But just to make sure you see it, Twissy:

We'll miss you michael... Thank you so much for the loyalty, dedication and helping our club to where it is today. You will long be remembered as a legend at this club, as has been said previously, and one of our Wembley heroes.

I always loved the fact that whenever you picked up the ball, facing the opposition's goal, every Morecambe supporter had a feeling of optimism and belief, that we were about to anticipate what some of us on the North Stand used to call, 'Twissy Magic'.

Good luck for the future, and thank you once again for serving our club so well.

....if only we had a hall of fame, you'd already be there!
Christies Minder

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:53 pm

good luck at your new club Twissy :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Well done Twissy. Unfortunatley, I only began watching Morecambe after you got injured but you still managed some great moments :D .
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:57 pm

favorite Twissy memory can't remember who it was against possibly Stevenage but not sure. Anyway we were sttod in the Umbro stand Morecambe had a corner and he hant scored for a while when an away fan shouted 'when was the last time you scored twiss was it September!'
15 second later he headed the ball into the back of the net right in front of the fan :D
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 pm

I believe it was Stafford Rangers away, Twissy was taking a corner and Steve from Hudds shouted to him "get in the box Twissy get someone else to take it" :!:

Corner put in was defended and put behind for another corner, Steve again shouted "..get in the ****... box Twissy" Cue strange look from Michael. Another corner given away...

"FFS Twissy, get in the F****** box!!
I've got 50 on you being first goalscorer" smile from Michael, inswinging corner from Twissy goes straight into the net :o :o

Being from Yarkshire I only got one pint out of him :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Great goals at Cambridge, coming a week after a brilliant and similar goal at home the week before against Kiddy? Difference being at home he went inside the post away he went far post. (1st goal at Cambridge).
morecambe mick

Postby parceldave » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 pm

A Big Thank you to you to, don't know who or what persuaded you to sign for us at the time but glad you did . For me, as i posted on the other Twissy thread , the Greatest goalscorer in a Morecambe shirt and we will be very lucky to get that sort of quality again unless SM can use his Man U connections . :D :D 8-)
parceldave

Postby bigbobshrimp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:57 pm

A TRUE LEGEND AT MORECAMBE FC. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES TWISSY. :D :D :D :D :D
bigbobshrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion