O/T - Specially for Burnley Shrinp

O/T - Specially for Burnley Shrinp

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 am

Plain Peter

Re: O/T - Specially for Burnley Shrinp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:02 am

Thanks Peter,

one day we will visit Istanbul and take your guide with us! I have only been to Turkey once and that was Kusadassi. Bit like visiting Blackpool and then thinking you've visited England! Istanbul sounds brilliant and fascinating. I'd love to go just to see the missuses face when the Mullas get into full flow around 5am. :lol: She can't handle getting up at 8.00am so that would be funny. Can't believe you held off the Efes for so long. That was the highlight of my visit to Turkey, a really tasty lager all for 25p a pint. (It was a few years ago).

We have just booked for the Eastern Med at Easter but it's a much more sanitised version of one of yours and Doris's tours! Cruising around Cyprus, Egypt, (Alexandria), Turkey (Alanya, another Blackpool I guess) and Israel (some port near Jerusalem/Bethlehem). Only a few hours in each but Eygpt, Cyprus and Israel are all new countries for us. The kids are really thrilled to bits at the thought of visiting more old ruins following our tour of Italy last summer :lol: Never mind they've got Salou and the theme/water parks in the summer.

Hope you enjoyed your last holiday, some of your snapshot reports on here had me in stitches. Did Doris find any land mines in Pnom Penh?
Burnley Shrimp

Re: O/T - Specially for Burnley Shrinp

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:31 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote: Did Doris find any land mines in Pnom Penh?

No, but I bought the T-shirt :)
Glad you enjoyed the scribble on Istanbul. It really is a fascinating place, especially if you do a bit of homework, and try and work out your itinerary to avoid French, German and Japanese tour groups. Quite easy really, just avoid all the major expensive tourist sights, and go local. Much more fun.
I've booked our return EasyJet flights to Istanbul in June. Next step is sort out an overnight sleeper to Ankara, which sounds like another great place for a couple of days. Then further east to Cappadocia, with its fairy chimneys and underground cities.
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion