danny adams

Re: danny adams

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:46 pm

All the best Danny. He got a lot of unfair criticism over the last year or so in my opinion and as people have said he was definitely one of the best technical players at the club. That said, I dont think many would have been suprised had his contract not been renewed at the end of the season. Perhaps this is one step towards bringing someone in for the final push?

Danny's wembley moment can be seen in my signature :D
Morecambe Jack

Postby bigreddog » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Many thanks Danny. You are and always will be a shrimps legend. good luck with whatever comes next including the driving around of premiership players and others. It may not be the legacy you were looking for, but you will soon be adorning my skin for the rest of my life on a tatoo with the club crest and all the wembley hero's names on. I for one will never forget your immense (no pun intended) contribution to my wonderful football club. cheers mate. hope to see you on May 8th.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby outsider » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:42 pm

All the best in whatever you do next Danny
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Good Luck to you Danny, I am sure you will be snapped up immediately, once again best of luck for the future! :)
thegentlegiant

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Disappointed to hear that Danny has left the club, you could always tell he had played at a higher level his positional sense and his timing was excellent, yes he lacked pace but he made up for that with his other qualities. He seemed to be trying to prove a point when he came on as a sub against Burton, pity it has come to this, Good luck Danny and all the best for the future.
steve mfc

Postby drinkduffbeers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks for the memories Danny 8-)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 2031175686

Life in the old dog yet. I'm sure clubs will be banging on your door soon
drinkduffbeers

Postby Vinny » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm

I have enjoyed watching our games whilst Danny has been playing for us. He came in and displaced our previous Mr Reliable at left-back and made that position his own. As has already been said, Danny has more than made up for his lack of pace and fitness at times with his good footballing brain, timing, strength, great tackles and experience. His composure on the ball under pressure has been a delight to behold. Cheers Mr Adams!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Grimsby and Crewe are looking at Danny Adams since we released him so we may get a chance to say goodbye to the iron man soon.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:11 pm

He won't go to Grimsby. I think they enquired about him some weeks ago but he doesn't want to travel that far.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby NeilG » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Danny was a good signing for the club and has served us well, we should remember him at his best and thank him for his achievements with Morecambe. As with Twissy, I hope Danny is invited back at the end of the season so that we can show our true appreciation for another of our Wembley winners.
NeilG

Postby mfcbro » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:27 pm

I think i am right in saying that Twissy and Adams arent allowed to play for anybody higher than conference north till the end of the season.Terms of release,could be wrong though.
mfcbro

Postby Mark S » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:39 am

mfcbro wrote:I think i am right in saying that Twissy and Adams arent allowed to play for anybody higher than conference north till the end of the season.Terms of release,could be wrong though.

I dont know. Maybe Sol Campbell could answer that one Mick? ;)

He is doing a cracking job at Southport! :lol:
Mark S

Postby George Dawes » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:33 am

mfcbro wrote:I think i am right in saying that Twissy and Adams arent allowed to play for anybody higher than conference north till the end of the season.Terms of release,could be wrong though.

where did you get that from :lol: :P
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:29 pm

DawZi wrote:

I think it's in their contract.
morecambe mick

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:56 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
DawZi wrote:

I think it's in their contract.

cant see MFC denying them a move to better themselves at this stage of both players careers
George Dawes

Postby marky » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Why not? They are a business, not a charity!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:39 pm

marky wrote:Why not? They are a business, not a charity!

ok then

if where not a charity they wouldn't have released them until the summer and denied M Twiss's request to be released early.

and not letting them go to another L2 club would be pathetic
George Dawes

Postby marky » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Not really. Why would we agree to release a player from their contract early at their request and possibly see them join one of our rivals (which is all the other clubs) and potentially score a goal that could see us miss out on a play-off place? It's shrewd business sense to say, "OK, we agree, but as per the terms of the contract you signed, you won't be able to join another league club until your contract with us was due to expire." I believe the reason ex-Darlo player Steve Foster has signed for Blyth Spartans is down to similar circumstances.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby mfcbro » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I think it only applies to league teams,i was talking to Dodger and he said when he was paid up at Fleetwood he could sign for a team in same league.I wonder if Twissy ends up at Stalybridge with our former manager?
mfcbro

Postby Mark S » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:20 pm

I think it would be more surprising if he wasnt already!
Mark S

Previous

Return to General Discussion