Twissy

Re: Twissy

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:50 pm

According to bbc website sammy is looking to strengthen team over summer so i can't see many new faces before end of this season
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Id like to thank twissy for his service to Morecambe F.C.He could have gone to Bury last Season but decided to saty Loyal to us.If this rumours true hope he does find another club soon
northstandshrimp2009

Postby ockers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Freez wrote:Well said!

Gutted that we didn't get to say goodbye.
However, that goal at Cambridge stands as my personal fave Shrimps goals of all time.
Great move and an impudent curling finish which the away fans saw from right behind on the side, superb quality goal!

Legend at Crusty Pie, joining many others who will always have a place in our hearts and memories!
Good luck Michael, thank you for too many happy memories. We all have Wembley, and for that alone you will never fade far from our hearts!

Good luck Twissy!

well said graham and freez
that goal at cambridge was one of the best ive ever seen
even from my anglein the press box and the lads behind the goal said what a swerve on it too
wonderful player for us
sad to see him and danny go
and good luck to them both in their careers they will never ever be forgotten here in terms of 2006/2007 and Wembley
but Twissy provided us with some extra special moments and around 65 goals too
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:11 pm

good luck Twissy and thank you true Morecambe Legend :!:
hope somebody shows him this thread so we can say goodbye.
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Thank you Twissy for all you have given us! You were an integral part of the set up which took us up and for that as much as any thing you will be an all time MFC legend! Hopefully like Danny Adams you will be invited back to the last game at Christie Park and will grace us with your prescence once more so that we can fully applaud you in some way shape or form.

That said there is no sentiment in running a football club. Every player plays at their natural level and for Twissy and Danny that is more than likely a little further down the pyramid nowadays. Both can still do a fantastic job somewhere, but obviously Sammy feels he can obtain better, or else they wouldn't have been released. I agree the timing is a little strange whilst we are still in contention for the play offs but at the end of the day there is a lot happens at the club we are not privvy to, nor should we be!

I personally fully trust Sammy, Mark and the Directors to get it right a lot more times than they get it wrong, so lets move on and continue to support the club to the best of our ability and leave the difficult decisions where they should be. With the people who have the inside knowledge and responsibility to make the right decisions to move us forward.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:According to bbc website sammy is looking to strengthen team over summer so i can't see many new faces before end of this season

Link to the above interview:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 550559.stm

Sammy explains the reasons why he's doing what he's doing
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:03 pm

If his contract is up at the end of the season, and sammy is "going for the playoffs", why would he release Twissy when we only have one reserve striker, who isnt good enough for non-league in my opinion?!?!

If all the comments are true then it looks like were going for play-offs with two decent strikers and nobody coming in for backup until at least the summer? Hmmm....
lancaster_shrimp

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Ahh just heard myself the interview.... Hopefully there will/must be transfers very soon, if not then what is this theory all about???
And can someone please tell me why we must release to buy?? Do we have maximum in our squad or money issue??
lancaster_shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 pm

He also says he doesn't want another display like our last away game :?

What was wrong at Bury :?:
morecambe mick

Postby darrenlock » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Well Michael was a hit and miss footballer and with the way Paul Mullin:D(s) and Jevons in good form Twiss is a confidence player and I'm sure other league two will take him on, Sammy must have ideas on who he wants in why let go off Michael and Adam.
I'm sure the appeal of Morecambe next season will be fantastic due to fantastic home form and a new stadium and a stable league2 team pushing near play offs season in season out.
darrenlock

Postby John L » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 pm

John L

Postby Crazeenick » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 pm

Massive thanks to Twissy for all the entertainment he has provided us with. We will always be grateful for his huge contribution to the growth of our great little football club.

A class act and a Morecambe legend :D
Crazeenick

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks for everything Twissy - a Morecambe legend for sure. Good luck wherever you go next.
Morecambe Jack

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:00 pm

good luck michael and danny for yore future Endeavors

you will be sorely missed...........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 pm

John L wrote:"Twissy thanks fans for their support"....
http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1984565,00.html

also it says he asked to be released rather than the club released him
heysham_mfc

Postby Martin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Will always be remembered as one of Morecambe's great players.

Good luck for the future Twissy!
Martin

Postby Vinny » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 pm

I didn't want to believe this was happening whilst it was rumour, but now it has been made official, I'd like to add my thanks and appreciation for the exciting times, effort and brilliant goals Twissy has given us. I feel not only prevailaged to have witnessed Twissy's 'most powerful shot in football' but also the numerous times he has taken opponents on and shown that flash of brilliance so typical of Twissy, that we will all remember him for. I have so many recollections of Twissy cutting in to pass defenders and unleashing a thunderbolt shot that it is hard to single any one out. I also feel prevailaged and fortunate that I was one of the 112 at the Lancs Cup game on Monday night v PNE. I went expecting to see Twissy play and was not dissappointed. That has now turned out to be the last time Michael played in Morecambe colours, and his work rate and endeavour were there to be seen, but unfortunately no goal to show for his effort.

Thanks again Twissy, you'll always be a Morecambe legend. Good luck for the future and hope to see you at the new ground.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Curly » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 am

We always know that every Morecambe legend will, one day, leave the club :(
Micheal Twiss has been nothing less than fantastic for us and entertained again and again.
My favourite memory isn't a goal, but some banter with a Chester fan i met on a train journey.
He was absolutely gutted Twissy had recently signed for us, and i couldn't hold back the smug
grin that began to spread across my face :D
A Morecambe legend who will be very hard to replace :cry:
Wish him all the best for the future and hope to see him at the new Arena.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Mark S » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:12 am

Gutted to see Twissy leave. Possibly the right move for all but as he has been my eldest Son's favourite player since he came to Morecambe, its a sad day. I havent told my Son yet. I will do it tonight.

I know Michael reads this board, hopefully his decision wasnt brought forward by the other thread, but I am glad it was his decision and he has bowed out with dignity.

Morecambe legend, Wembley winner! You will always get a warm welcome back at Morecambe FC. Good luck Michael. Thanks for everything.
Mark S

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:37 am

As Vinny said, I too didn't want to comment while it was a rumour but now it's confirmed, I would really like to say a big thank you to Twissy and wish him all the best for the future. Sorry to see him to go but perhaps the right thing for both club and Michael.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:59 am

Thanks for the memories Michael.

Too many golden Twissy moments to recall a favourite.......

Best of luck wherever you go.....just enjoy the moment.

:) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby simmy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 am

Really sad news.

The testimony of how popular Twissy is with Morecambe fans can be seen in the warmth of the messages in this thread. Hopefully we will have the chance to show our appreciation and say goodbye at some some point in the not too distant future.

A fantastic player who has given us so many great memories over the years.

Thanks for everything Twissy and best wishes at your next club.
simmy

Postby Christies Minder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 am

We'll miss you michael... Thank you so much for the loyalty, dedication and helping our club to where it is today. You will long be remembered as a legend at this club, as has been said previously, and one of our Wembley heroes.

I always loved the fact that whenever you picked up the ball, facing the opposition's goal, every Morecambe supporter had a feeling of optimism and belief, that we were about to anticipate what some of us on the North Stand used to call, 'Twissy Magic'.

Good luck for the future, and thank you once again for serving our club so well.

....if only we had a hall of fame, you'd already be there!
Christies Minder

Postby Posh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 am

TOP TWISSY MOMENTS - add yours

In no particular order

1. Bury Home - Going away from goal turns and heads towards goal and bang - keeper never sees it

2. Cambridge away (x2) - Wasn't there but been told the story many times and still enjoy it. See the You Tube video for more. Including one of the best team goals ever by Morecambe with the sweetest finish.

3. Wolves away - On his own up front for the first half and much of the second. Led the line brilliantly, held the ball up, worked incredibly hard and got us a penalty that put us in the lead.

4. Hull City away - Many played well but Twissy was outstanding. We looked to be out of it when they equalised but Twissy had better ideas and scored a magical second.

5. Kidderminster FA Cup home - Storms in, has he gone too far? Bang. Keeper barely moves. Crowd goes nuts.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 am

Releasing a few players now may be because they've seen the writing on the wall for next season and actually want to start looking for another club now.

From the club's part, the release of a couple of wages means a couple of things.

We can pay a loanee who we may want to bring in now and we can start to really shape the squad for next season, maybe tying up one or two of the loanees we currently have with us.

I hope, as well as the released players, we can also announce another few new contracts soon.

Good luck to Twissy and Danny - they'll live long in our memories for all the excellent things they've done for us and I'm sure they'll be snapped up soon.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion