O/T BBC 6 MUSIC

O/T BBC 6 MUSIC

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm

The bbc have announced the closing down of 6 music which in my opinion is ridiculous,I have written to the bbc trust, who have the ability to reverse the decision, i am putting a link below for any one who would like the trust to know how they feel about 6 music

For anyone who is in the dark about 6 music, 6 music plays an important part in promoting new bands and small labels, it also promotes alot of signed bands who are outside the mainstream, 6 music has a relatively small budget, i feel that losing something that punches above its weight is just stupid.

anyway try and give 6 music a listen while you still can, the link below is where to write.

cheers, lee

https://consultations.external.bbc.co.u ... nsult_view
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: O/T BBC 6 MUSIC

Postby Crazeenick » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Couldn't agree more Lee.

There is so much radio coverage devoted to mainstream music - it is important that the BBC provides an outlet for other types of music.

I have emailed the BBC also to ask them not to close 6 Music.

I am sure they would get better ratings for 6 Music if they advertised it more and generally raised its profile - perhaps a link with Later with Jools Holland (that gets decent ratings).
Crazeenick

Postby ockers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:40 pm

loved the craig charles show on a saturday night
very disappointed its folding..............
:(
ockers

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 am

Some shows are good but i resent any of my fee going to the turd that is Vampire Weekend that constantly seems to get played. Have a shit song with an annoying guitar intro and suddenly you're the next big thing, no thanks. I'll stick to the non stop oldies on steve wright's show.
durhamshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:16 am

This post was not an opinion poll durham shrimp, i am happy for you to listen to the dross on bbc 2 ,I like 6 music as do alot of other people, and in the spirit of john peel for example, we should have as varied a choice as possible what we listen to :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion