SHOULD HE STAY?

Re: SHOULD HE STAY?

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Sharpy wrote:you can take them smileys and place them somwhere else :x .... Mullin is useless and i cannot see any redeeming features. he was a decent player at stanley, he is useless here.

he's decent here aswell, he's what you would call a good old fashioned battering ram
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Sammy will want to bring in four or five new players in the summer. To do that he'll need to release a few.

That may mean some of our favourites having to make way for new blood.

If we're going to be any better than this season then most of those he brings in will be players he thinks are better than our current first-teamers, never mind our squad players.

That means some of our current first teamers will become squad players and some of our squad players will be on their way.

Players like Twissy and Wayne can play in a couple of positions so that may be a factor, but some big decisions will be made in coming weeks.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:06 pm

i dont want many changes am happy with the squad now, id just like to make our loan signings permeant and just release 3 maybe 4

and only adding a pacy left winger in the summer, to give us that balance in midfield
George Dawes

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:11 pm

If we're able to keep hold of Jevons at the end of the season and get a decent target man, with Mullin being back-up and sharing experience with the younger players, I'd rather have Curtis than Twiss as our 4th striker as IMO he shows more gumption when coming off the bench.
Harry

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Sharpy wrote:Mullin is a useless lump wasting oxygen! he is meant to be a target man, yet he never jumps or challenges for the ball

Don't normally get embroiled with personal verbal attacks on our players but that statement I.M.O. is utter B@!!@cks! The times he does'nt get off the ground there is usually a gorilla of a defender trying to strangle him. Personally I would prefer Jev to be closer to Mullin to feed from the knock down.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Totally agree marky no 1 mullin is a quality player and is one of the best in league two at what he does just ask sammy how good mullers is
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:50 pm

I think Mullin is a great player and works well with Jevons. Twiss is good to bring on for Jevons if we're losing 1-0 towards the end of a game.
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:04 pm

This is not the right time to talk about players leaving Twiss is still a good player and usefull to the squad at the end of the season it's up to the manager who stays and who goes but for now we should support and get behind every player that plays for the club.
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:22 pm

We should back the squad at the moment exciting times are coming.

Now players will like to join Morecambe due to the new stadium and a brillant home record.

Personally i think either Michael Twiss / Wayne Curtis a contract and id go for Wayne.
darrenlock

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:00 pm

He hasn't been playing so how can you make an assumption on him? It's abit out of the blue to be pulling this out of the bag isn't it? Especially at the beginning of March?

IMO Twiss is twice the player Mullin is, but as i said that is my opinion.
Sammy h

Postby Number 1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:08 pm

I think some people should realise that this is a supporters discussion board where the likes of players coming and going is a very relevant matter for discussion. Indeed, it's almost the life blood of a supporters forum. Just because they still play for us shouldn't deter any posters from giving their opinion. Whether a player is good enough to play for the team is one of the main things to discuss surely?

At the end of the day, I'm sure the vast majority will cheer that player on, whilst he is still playing for the club and on the pitch. But that shouldn't exclude them from giving their opinion here.

If people are a bit concerned that said player will read the forum and become upset at comments, then that's up to the players. They don't have to read it. I would suggest that if they did read it expecting to read favourable comments about them all the time, then that's a bit vain, not to mention naive of them. Being a footballer and therefore someone in the public eye, albeit at a lower level, they should have a fairly thick skin.
Number 1

Postby yozzer » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Well I'm not sure if Northstandshrimp should stay or not. He's come through the reserves and is on the verge of the first team.
On the plus side he shoots from any where and puts away the easy targets. His distribution has been increasing and with a bit more coaching from the senior players could make a valuable contribution.
On the negative side his workrate is minimal, his crossing of the i's and t's poor and rumour has it that he is a disruptive influence with his colleagues.
I think it's a tricky one but will leave it to the Managers of the Board to decide.
yozzer

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:33 pm

yozzer wrote:Well I'm not sure if Northstandshrimp should stay or not. He's come through the reserves and is on the verge of the first team.
On the plus side he shoots from any where and puts away the easy targets. His distribution has been increasing and with a bit more coaching from the senior players could make a valuable contribution.
On the negative side his workrate is minimal, his crossing of the i's and t's poor and rumour has it that he is a disruptive influence with his colleagues.
I think it's a tricky one but will leave it to the Managers of the Board to decide.

I guess it depends if we get an offer to transfer him...

...any offer to transfer him...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

I'll bid 50k for him, I need a decent midfielder ;)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby wijit » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:58 pm

I'll tell you what, this is almost as if the board has been infiltrated by Southport fans from ten years ago. This is supposed to be a supporters forum, we may have thoughts an opinions on individual players, but is it not more appropriate, as has been mentioned, to do our character assassination at the end of the season?
wijit

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 pm

I actually think not, wijit. I think it's far more honest to have this discussion now. And I'm in the camp that thinks - so long as it's reasoned and steers clear of individual character assassination and abuse - that it's perfectly reasonable for fans of a club to discuss the shape of the squad for next season.

That inevitably means debating which players individuals think should be given new contracts and which should be allowed to leave - it's OUR club as fans and it's interesting to debate these things.

If players are interested enough in what the fans think to come on here then they must accept that we have the right to our opinion, if we can back it up with reasoned arguments.

If they play well enough, by and large (allowing for the occasional spat with the manager) then they'll deserve and get a new contract.

Players like Henry, Danny Adams, probably Aaron and a couple more will have to go to make way for new recruits.

I think players like Wayne, Twissy, Fraser, Wainwright and others (who I describe as squad players by virtue of how they've been used this season) will only be retained (again as squad players) if Sammy fails to attract what he considers to be better alternatives.

I hope the club is currently working on new contracts for players like Roche, Stanners, Artell (who I'd want to keep if he wants to stay on what we're prepared to offer - he's been solid this season, Jim's not getting any younger, clubs may come in for Haining) and trying to tie up Jevons and Panther definitely.

Mullin? Not sure, good player but must be nearing the end of his playing time and it depends who we can get in.

I understand Craney has been playing with an injury for quite a long time and if the treatment he's had recently works then he may be like a new man come the end of this season and may have a big part to play.

Whatever.... I do think it's reasonable to debate all of this as long as we do it sensibly.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby wijit » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 am

...and you think that if any of those players read all this, it would be of use?
wijit

Postby marky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 am

This isn't a player's message board, it's one for the fans. If players choose to read threads on here, they have to accept that they may read things they don't like, sometimes about themselves. They'd have to be utterly bereft of a brain to believe otherwise!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 am

Totally agree marky - its not like anyone as said anything offensive or personal (personally i find the board quite clicky on certain issues) i remember been at dagenham couple of years back when jalal was getting abused cos he made a mistake and then getting jeered everytime he kicked the ball which is much worse than talking about someone staying or not....i also remember mr drummond getting booed on is first debut for the club by certain home fans who said he was not good enough my god he as shown everybody how wrong they were turning into quality player - some people have very very short memories when it comes to certain players.....curtis should be shipped out on loan taylor not good enough are just a few other comments by various home fans commenting on here !!!! If michael does stay next season in my opinion he will be squad player at best but lets wait and see
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: TWISSY SHOULD HE STAY OR SHOULD HE GO?

Postby Dazzer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 am

Keith wrote:
Fgh shrimp wrote:This is a message board to talk about football items or am i wrong

Yes it is, which is why the thread wasn't deleted or opinions censored. But it is also a MORECAMBE FANS message board and as a Morecambe fan, I'd rather we were supportive and saved the speculation for the end of the season, rather than undermining our own players at a critical time for no benefit.

This is one of the reasons I rarely come on here any more.
A sensible debate on the merits of the current squad is discouraged by the mods and others for fear of upsetting the delicate sensitivities of players/officials of the club. (All of who we know, are forced at gun point to read this supposedly 'unofficial' message board)
Instead we have endless O/T's about whether Christies Child should have chips or mash with his tea tonight, or whatever other personal dilemma is currently befalling him ;)

But whilst I'm here and for what it's worth - I think Twissy is having a better season this, than in the 2 or 3 before. I found myself last saturday willing Sammy to bring him on. I suppose it all depends wether Sammy thinks he can bring somebody better in for the same money that Twissy would be on, but I think I'd be happy to see him given another 12 month contract.
Dazzer

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:57 am

wijit wrote:...and you think that if any of those players read all this, it would be of use?

yeah if they've got anything about them, it might give em kick up the back side to work on there game!
George Dawes

Postby Duffman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:05 pm

DawZi wrote:
wijit wrote:...and you think that if any of those players read all this, it would be of use?

yeah if they've got anything about them, it might give em kick up the back side to work on there game!

But with Twiss whenever I have seen him play this season he's looked dangerous. I think in his last start against Barnet he hit the woodwork twice and played well, next game he's dropped to bench. Twiss is a good League 2 player but if Sammy doesn't use him and releases him then it'll be another clubs gain IMO.
Duffman

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Callum wrote:
DawZi wrote:

But with Twiss whenever I have seen him play this season he's looked dangerous. I think in his last start against Barnet he hit the woodwork twice and played well, next game he's dropped to bench. Twiss is a good League 2 player but if Sammy doesn't use him and releases him then it'll be another clubs gain IMO.

i really do rate Twiss am not getting at him i want him to stay, i was just making that comment in general to over sensitive players who's feelings may get hurt reading on here when there well paid full time professional footballers
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Callum wrote:hit the woodwork twice

Really should of scored them though.

Sammy h wrote:IMO Twiss is twice the player Mullin is, but as i said that is my opinion.

I would say that Twiss is a slightly better than Mullin skill wise. However, Twiss is unbelievebly 1 footed and Mullin isn't. Also, we need a more Mullin like player to go with Jevons, a target man.
Little Shrimp

Postby Duffman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
Callum wrote:hit the woodwork twice

Really should of scored them though.

One attempt was a terrific shot from distance and the other one (if I remember correctly) he was at full stretch at the back post and was unlucky.
Duffman

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion