today

today

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:14 pm

what a poor performance,our left back was appalling all the goals came from that side.
we could not pass it to each other and persisted with the high ball all game which got us no where.We need to play it on the ground and pass the ball to feet.A totally depressing afternoon,we realoly need a wake up call or we will end up in a relegation struggle,cannot see where the goals are going to come from
lets hope its a blip
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Re: today

Postby About Halfway » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:26 pm

I think a few morecambe "fans" enjoy a good defeat more than a win. We are so quick to get on a players back but when a player does something good, we go silent. Its the same old story and i wonder why these people bother turning up. Their negativity spreads and creates a poor atmosphere.

Sammy knows what he is doing. We have a new team who are still getting to know eachother. Give them time, let them blend!

How many people will praise the performance of neil wainwright compared to the amount of people that will slag of danny adams??? :(
About Halfway

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:28 pm

quote "Sammy knows what he is doing. We have a new team who are still getting to know eachother. Give them time, let them blend!"

Why then did he only make the 1 sub when were 2 0 down?
did he think the team he had out was better than what was on the bench, players he
brought in to strengthen the squad?
Shrimpman

Postby About Halfway » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:36 pm

What tactical changes would u have made then???? An unfit O'Carrol, an untried Mccan, a centre half and a goalie?? He went 4-4-2 when wayne came on but other than that i dont know what else he could have done with the players on the bench.

Its alright being good at footy manager when we are sat at home but i dont think many of us have much experince when it comes to tactical substitutions and formation changes in a league two match.
About Halfway

Postby The Fury » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:50 pm

About Halfway wrote:What tactical changes would u have made then???? An unfit O'Carrol, an untried Mccan, a centre half and a goalie?? He went 4-4-2 when wayne came on but other than that i dont know what else he could have done with the players on the bench.

Its alright being good at footy manager when we are sat at home but i dont think many of us have much experince when it comes to tactical substitutions and formation changes in a league two match.

But, by the same token, you must admit that when things go wrong, those who make the decisions cannot be adverse to criticism?

Personally, I felt that Rotherham showed that Sammy's new look and new styled side is some way from being good enough to be hard to beat. This odd system with one winger and three centre midfielders clearly leaves a gaping gap down either the right or left (whichever is vacant as Wainwright has been shifted about in both League games this season) and we can little afford to try that again. Curtis' introduction, I felt, gave us some balance and improved us, even though we still struggled massively in midfield. I think O'Carroll should have at least been given a run out; Blinkhorn isn't going to score goals - especially when we have little creativity in midfield.

As you say, a new team and a new system will take time to implement efficiently but, if we accept that is the case, then Sammy must live or die by his decision to change personnel and style. If he gets it wrong, the experienced manager card can't always trump.
The Fury

Postby About Halfway » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Totally agree and sammy should as well. He is paid to manage the club and he will judged on his performance. I, like you, found the tactics strange and the way certain players have been binned equally strange but I think all the doom and gloom is wrong.
About Halfway

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:47 pm

About Halfway wrote: I think all the doom and gloom is wrong.

When we get back to what we're good at then you'll see happier times on here but that today wasn't worthy of any form of praise and fans who'd seen enough leaving early spoke volumes
The team needs to re-group, take a long hard look at todays performance and put in extra next week to make up for it
HALMA 1983

Postby mfcbro » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:26 pm

Sammy picked the bench "about half way"so why didnt he have any alternatives apart from a half fit o carrol?
mfcbro

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:30 pm

For the first time in my life I left early today, and I was absolutely seething as I left. I can't criticise Sammy as I don't think it was tactics. To allow teams to shoot from range like we did yesterday is criminal and to allow it to happen once is bad enough, but we did it 3 times and it ultimately cost us. I think a few of the lads need to get their heads into gear because we did it at Wycombe and you would have thought they might of learnt. We have conceded 4 goals this season an not one has been inside our 18 yard box. Im staying positive because we are only where we were last season now, and we've played two of the stronger teams in the division. 8-)
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:36 pm

8 if you include the Spalding Cup goals.

I've been on about how we don't close down for a long time now and still the majority have come from allowing too much room.

Sorry Jimbo but the facts speak for themselves.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:41 pm

I'm not that worried about the carling cup goals, they were a better team, and for them to only score 4 was a testament to our defence. Earnshaw had a few disallowed for offside, meaning our defence held their line well.
So that leaves 4 goals in 2 League games. 3 of them the fault of DA yesterday.
So yes Jimbo, the facts speak for themselves, the goal against Wycombe. Shame on you.
:lol:
Jody

Postby Jolly rog branch » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Hang on a minute CC. Where you at the same game as 2,605 others yesterday. How on earth can you blame Jimbo for not closing down. ALL 3 goals came from the left backs errors, he was told just before the first goal hit the net to put a challenge in and to stop backing off and allowing them to shoot, then once the goal went in you thought , right he will learn from that but no, he made the same error twice more and maybe the reason for gaps at the centre of defence are that the two centre backs are covering the full backs more and more because they dont have the confidence that they are doing their jobs properly.
You have to look at the facts of yesterdays game and its simple we were VERY poor but its not the end of the world and i hope sammy and mark can address these problems in training during the week, after all thats what they are paid to do. We are passionate fans and also the friendliest but when something goes wrong we all get on players backs and slag them off but we need to show support. Fact is Danny was poor yesterday and he was not the only one but i am sure they wont have a bad as a performance as that again all season and if they do in the near future changes need to be made, but sammy will decide who and not us. Keep believing in the management and team.
Jolly rog branch

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Jolly rog branch wrote:Hang on a minute CC. Where you at the same game as 2,605 others yesterday. How on earth can you blame Jimbo for not closing down. ALL 3 goals came from the left backs errors, he was told just before the first goal hit the net to put a challenge in and to stop backing off and allowing them to shoot, then once the goal went in you thought , right he will learn from that but no, he made the same error twice more and maybe the reason for gaps at the centre of defence are that the two centre backs are covering the full backs more and more because they dont have the confidence that they are doing their jobs properly.
You have to look at the facts of yesterdays game and its simple we were VERY poor but its not the end of the world and i hope sammy and mark can address these problems in training during the week, after all thats what they are paid to do. We are passionate fans and also the friendliest but when something goes wrong we all get on players backs and slag them off but we need to show support. Fact is Danny was poor yesterday and he was not the only one but i am sure they wont have a bad as a performance as that again all season and if they do in the near future changes need to be made, but sammy will decide who and not us. Keep believing in the management and team.

I would be the last to put blame onto Jimbo for yesterday and he knows it.

Jimbo reads this forum and we've often discussed things that have given him concern. No doubt we'll discuss this as well, but I'm not blaming him one bit.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Vinny » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:06 pm

I am very happy with our Managment Team, Sammy & Lill's and the way they have established MFC in the Football League. I have every confidence they will turn things round from yesterday's performance. My only question, and it is not a criticism, is can better use be made of the squad and subs on the bench in situations like yesterday?
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Jimbo & Artell did what they had to do but we're badly let down either side, there was no Midfield for long periods of the game and when we did manage to get a goal back and see a faint glimmer of getting something out of the game it wasn't re-enforced by the use fresh legs waiting to come on and give it ago,
They brought in Wainwright to replace Thommo and he's slotted in nicely and done well but Bakers gone too and who's there to cover the gap he's left? nobody yesterday because we had nothing left side!
I've never been one to worry about losing providing the team and management have given a good account of themselves but yesterday was dire and they all know it
HALMA 1983

Postby sandgrown » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:23 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Jimbo & Artell did what they had to do but we're badly let down either side, there was no Midfield for long periods of the game and when we did manage to get a goal back and see a faint glimmer of getting something out of the game it wasn't re-enforced by the use fresh legs waiting to come on and give it ago,
They brought in Wainwright to replace Thommo and he's slotted in nicely and done well but Bakers gone too and who's there to cover the gap he's left? nobody yesterday because we had nothing left side!
I've never been one to worry about losing providing the team and management have given a good account of themselves but yesterday was dire and they all know it

pretty fair assessment, apart from Wainright I thought the new lads were very poor, I would like to see Yates, Stanley and Drummond back in.
I thought Adams was great last season, but yesterday !!
sandgrown

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:33 pm

sandgrown wrote:apart from Wainright I thought the new lads were very poor

I think we're giving them far too much time to settle in :roll:
Bare Ben

Return to General Discussion