todays game

Re: todays game

Postby mfcbro » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Cheers c.c. but somethings have to be said.We all have Morecambe f.c. at heart but i cant understand what went on today.
mfcbro

Postby Bean » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:29 pm

i say o'carroll should have a run
hes gonna be like newby was last season, very good and barely get a game.
i don't get why sammy favours blinkhorn so much.

but with baker and thommo leaving, theres some big boots to fill. can wainwright and howe fill them?
Bean

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:33 pm

not good at all today 3 good goals from Rotherham but we shouln't have let them score in the first place most problems in defence as usual need to sort it out
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambelad » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:38 pm

bad game today
morecambelad

Postby mainstand » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:08 pm

toaday s game very poor and very good goals by rotherham :( come on sammy get stanley back in the team and yates
mainstand

Postby SPARKYM » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:29 pm

Lucky for us that there are three teams with large points reductions, On todays performance we would definetly be relegation fodder .No bite or creativity anywhere on the pitch PATHETIC
SPARKYM

Postby Freez » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Fair points.
I think the relevant words are "on today's game" or "on today's performance", I think we can safely agree if we perform like that every week we would be suffering a poor season.

Personally I feel Drummond and the naughty boy Stanley cannot be far from a return to the fold with the distinct lack of both bite and flair required in the engine room. Something both can supply and are proven to do so at this level!

Here's hoping....
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby marky » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:56 pm

I've had my say about Mr. Adams elsewhere. Today was the first time I've seen us lose in 7 years. We were woeful. So much for creating Fortress Christie! Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone for the silence for my Grandad.
marky

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Parrish didn't have his best game today, but he wasn't poor by anybody's standards. That tackle to stop what would have been their third at the time (and adams who had lost his man yet again about the half way line) was top class.
Sammy and Stanley need to sort their differences asap in my opinion. Like I mentioned previously, are grudges really worth it? We seemed to be over run with central midfield at one point at the beginning of the season. I don't mean to be critical but I can't really see what Carr has brought to the team yet in 3 whole games.
Blinks worked his socks off yesterday as usual, and he definitely worked a lot harder than Howe. People say his first touch was poor, but how many of the other players were trying to control every single ball to them at head height? It was the long ditch football yesterday, that doesn't suit us, so don't have a go at the strikers. The effort was there from both of them.
Jody

Postby Jolly rog branch » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 pm

we can all speculate as to why there was no Stanley, no Drummond, no Yates, no Twiss even on the bench today but common knowledge around the town is suggesting a rift between a few players ans the manager, someone ( and i doubt it will be sammy ) need to swallow their pride and go into his office on monday and aplogise. This performance was by far the worst i have seen in a very long time and the players of that quality to be sitting in the stands and not even make the bench is farcical. In the stands alone yesterday you had Stanley Drummond Yates Twiss Lloyd and Howard (although just come back from injury), all these players are easily good enough to cut it in this league. They all must of been the happiest people associated with Morecambe FC to have left the ground yesterday
Jolly rog branch

Postby parkyboy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:28 pm

Midfield andAdams were the waste of space yesterday ,not Blinkhorn.. They couldnt contain moves from Rotherham and did not provide the type of service that the front two should have got awere definitely not supportive enough.Those on the bench and those already mentioned on this site that were not even on the bench could have given a far better performance and got the right result,
parkyboy

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:33 pm

The pitch looked really good yesterday! :mrgreen:

It was a powder puff, lightweight performance, totally in keeping with our 'best liked club'. Our players made the opposition feel far too comfy.

Come on Sammy...introduce some grit and bite, we need snappy midfielders with aggression. Yesterday's performance isn't going to strike fear and apprehension into any team. All that tippy-tappy rubbish is useless...how about we whack the ball with some venom, keep it on the ground, get tight to players and TACKLE. Standing off too long allows the opposition time to think.

Wainwright was good yesterday and the rest, apart from Curtis who always gives 100%, played as if they were afraid to put a foot in for fear of getting a bruise.

Sammy has the solution!!! :roll:
OvertheBar

Postby Aspers » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 am

I also think we won't have too many opponents as good as Rotherham this year.

Still think on, we could be supporting Portsmouth, how would you fel then.
Aspers

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 am

Jody wrote:Parrish didn't have his best game today, but he wasn't poor by anybody's standards. That tackle to stop what would have been their third at the time (and adams who had lost his man yet again about the half way line) was top class.
Sammy and Stanley need to sort their differences asap in my opinion. Like I mentioned previously, are grudges really worth it? We seemed to be over run with central midfield at one point at the beginning of the season. I don't mean to be critical but I can't really see what Carr has brought to the team yet in 3 whole games.
Blinks worked his socks off yesterday as usual, and he definitely worked a lot harder than Howe. People say his first touch was poor, but how many of the other players were trying to control every single ball to them at head height? It was the long ditch football yesterday, that doesn't suit us, so don't have a go at the strikers. The effort was there from both of them.

got to agree with most of that Jody. I think some are being a bit too harsh on Parish.
Blinks did run his socks off, but him and howe were always running away from each other and never linked up.
We had no shape in Midfield and although Hunter worked hard he wasn't supported enough by Carr. Stanley or Drummond would have made more of an impact IMO.
Finally Adams was awfull, he kept backing off and giving their strikers a clear shot at goal. He was too slow and gave the ball away too often. I'm affraid he needs a kick up the arse to lose some weight or lose his place, simple!

I thought sammy should have brought O'Carroll on with about 15-20 to go, what did he have to lose?
North Stand Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion