Health & Safety

Re: Health & Safety

Postby azz01m » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 am

A dying breed Mark, a dying breed but let's not detract from the original subject. The jobsworths are in the control room

I am one of those jobsworths in the control room although i wasn't there Sat. I think ist's very sad to be having a go at people who are doing there jobs. They would have been told by the control room staff to take it off them and rightly so. If one of there fans went on the pitch then they are lucky they were not arrested. On matchdays it is the stewards and the control room staff that make it possible to even play the games..If they were not there then you would not be getting in at all.

they all do a great job to look after you guys so just remember that and GROW UP!!
azz01m

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 am

There would be plenty on here having a real go at the club if it was fined or even kicked out of the league for not following the rules whatever the circumstances.

They were warned and then action was taken. Simples!

I spent a number of years before promtion to the League as a steward at the entry point to the main stand. Some of the abuse i got for simply following instructions was totally uncalled for.

People are all too quick to have a go......
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby cragbankshrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Point taken about the stewards being there to do a job, and Keith i remember each of the incidents you refer to as if it was yesterday and think one more tragedy like that would be one too many, but still feel that Saturday was just a bit of harmless fun. My post was to highlight my opinion that some aspects of "Health & Safety" are OTT.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:19 am

One of the great things about travelling to the far flung is that you can forget about H & S.
In Myanmar they drive on the right-hand side of the road.
Nearly all the cars are decrepit second hand Toyota saloons imported from Japan.
They're all right-hand drive too!
Seat belts - forget it!
So you know it's safe to overtake (and it's normally an overladen lorry), the vehicle in front will put it's left indicator on. If it's not safe the vehicle in front will indicate right.
It seems to work!
Practically everything on the road is overladen, it makes sound economical sense to them.
Plain Peter

Previous

Return to General Discussion