danny adams

danny adams

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 pm

has been released........

and left the building
Last edited by shrimpnsave on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: danny adams

Postby darrenlock » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:52 pm

That has just made my 11 year old step - daughter very happy she doent like him much. :D
darrenlock

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 pm

:geek: i would not believe everything that is put on sv's until the club state otherwise!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby parceldave » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:37 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:has been released........

By Holland
s :o
parceldave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Sounds like sammys rebuilding of squad for next season is continuing apace - if this is true about adams
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:32 am

IF true, then it explains Sammy's decision to play Moss on the right and Parrish on the left on Saturday. He possibly wanted to see Moss in action and to look at Parrish on the left as cover for Willow for next season.

Sammy needs options for next season and cover in all positions.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:19 pm

how do you know this?
heysham_mfc

Postby Richard Head » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Whats the point of releasing him now? If he is on contract until the end of the season we will have to pay him so we might as well keep him on the staff in case we need him for emergency cover
Richard Head

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Hope hes Not gone,I know hes known as CALAMITY ADAMS somtimes but hes ok
northstandshrimp2009

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Its true he as left and its in the visitor
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Its true he as left and its in the visitor

Not on Vistor web site or on the official Morecambe FC web site. :?

If it is true, its a shame that people couldn't have been a bit more respectful and thanked him for his time with the club and wish him well for the future.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm

The latest "Visitor" will be in the paper shop now. I will have a peek and report back unless someone beats me to it.

If true Danny has given us 3 years of excellent service including being part of the Wembley Wizards and deserves our thanks.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Seems a bit of a strange one why buy his contract out until the end of the season (if that's what we have done), unless we have a loan on the way.

He had just made a few good sub apperances as well. He seemed to do well coming of the bench and made a bit of an impact the past couple of times instead of playing a full game and been knackered.

All the best to him as he was one of our Wembley heroes and we will never forget when he slammed Sammy to the ground :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Harry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Fully deserved his players' player of the year award in 2008. An unsung hero that too many deride because of his portliness. As we saw against Darlington, godlike skills and touch on the ball and his all-too-infrequent runs up the wing were nothing short of mesmerising.

Good that the club are looking to the future though.
Harry

Postby Dazzer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Seems a strange one, as has been said, his contract would have had to have been paid up.

I wonder if the wage bill needed to be reduced to stave off a potential transfer embargo under the wages as a proportion of revenue rule.
Dazzer

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:17 pm

He was recalled at Cheltenham after a couple of good sub appearances and we didn't play very well.
Then he could have been selected to play against Port Vale - but Sammy chose to bring in Mossy (who still has a year left on his contract) and move Andy Parrish over and we won.

So Danny then knew he was not only second choice to Wilson but also behind Parrish for the left back slot.

He has been great for us and has given us some memorable moments but if he's not even second choice left back any more then it's best we shake hands and wish him well.

Sammy has said recently that he needs to get one or two out if he's even going to bring in any loan players to help give us a push in the run-in.

Whether that's the reason or whether Danny just wanted to play - somewhere - then you can understand why we've let him go.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Decent player with probably one of the best, if not the best footballing brains in the squad. Just a little slow nowadays.

I saw him driving away from the ground about 2.50pm recently when he hadn't been selected in the squad. He looked very cheesed off. Reading between the lines he's possibly had a falling out with the management and they've agreed to part. I would imagine we've only paid up part of his contract.

Good luck Danny! You were a key part of our biggest day and you still have a lot of football in you. You will still be a top player but maybe just a little further down the leagues, Conf maybe.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Posh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Apparently had a fallout when at Crewe when not selected and this was probably the final straw all round.

Disappointing he's left like this but I suppose he wants to play football at every opportunity and that shows a lot of commitment. Probably the best footballer in the side especially in terms of close control, very rarely gives the ball away, and in vision for a clever pass or spotting which way an opposition player was going and then doing him. Composure - that's the word - he had lots of that. Having said all that he didn't have the pace anymore for a League 2 side and his fitness each season after the summer break was horrendous.

His skills mean he'll do well in non-league for a long time to come.

Farewell Fester. I'll miss your showboating and for showing chubbers like me that you can play good football even with a few extra pounds of lard.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby quinny » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 pm

On the club website now.

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 37,00.html

Apologies as it should have been on this morning but I forgot to press the GO LIVE button.

Quinny
quinny

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Bit of a stange one though him and Sammy were good mates. Never been a fan of him but good luck anyway squad wise it looks like the management is going though the squad and looking at what we have good and areas were we can improve.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Miss you Iron Man....that's for sure. :( :(

But maybe this is the first of a few shocks with regards to next seasons squad. :?: :?: :?:

Sammy bought into his experience and he knew exactly what he was getting for the money.

Served us well and hope he gets another club where he can excell but above all 'enjoy' himself.

Thanks for the memories Danny.

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Martin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 pm

That's a shame.

I always liked Danny; his lack of pace meant some fans took a dislike to him, as he can get caught out, but he was one of our most talented footballers.

He is comfortable in possession, supremely confident in his ability to fool any player who attempts to challenge him and always looks to play the ball intelligently.

His Wembley Slam-dunk of Sammy was one of the highlights of that fantastic day.

Good luck Danny, I'm sure you'll do a good job wherever you play next.
Martin

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Good servant for the club and deserves better than what some on here have said about him - for me he rarely let us down but it looks like a good time for both Danny and the club to move on - good luck Danny and thank you.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby marky » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Christies Child wrote:But maybe this is the first of a few shocks with regards to next seasons squad. :?: :?: :?:

Not remotely. It would had been a greater shock had he stayed! I won't pretend to be a fan of Adams the footballer. Yes, when played as one member of a back three last season he performed well, but he's struggled whenever he's played at left-back for 18 months or more now. He goes with thanks, but definitely the right decision :)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Good luck to Danny, hope he enjoys his next club. I'm sure he'll be an excellent Conference player. Can he sign for another club immediately with him being a free agent?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion