O/T nemanja vidic

O/T nemanja vidic

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 am

How on earth was he not sent off at wembley against villa in fact not even booked - if it had been richard dunne etc bet it would have been different
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: nemanja vidic

Postby ezz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:02 am

He plays for United in a game that matters.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: O/T nemanja vidic

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:57 am

From my perspective, i think that the Villa player had actually over run the ball and it stopped for a brief moment. I also believe that because of that the referee viewed that the goalscoring opportunity had gone and therfore judged accordingly. The pen was for a foul and Vidic should have been booked but NOT sent off as he didin't in my opinion stop a goal scoring opportunity.

Only my opinon...but I know sod all about the rules of the game!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:13 am

it's fair enough if a players is running on goal and the last defender does a professional foul outside the box, then he should be sent off

but if a player fouls somebody in the box then the ref gives a penalty thats sufficient punishment

i just dont agree a player should be punished twice with being sent off aswell

a yellow card maybe or a second yellow card but not a straight red aswell as a penalty
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am

It doesn't matter what you think, it's a clear rule being last man stopping a goal scoring opportunity which is what happened. The Ref bottled it resulting in United winning, it's happened before and will happen until refs grow a pair.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:50 am

ezz wrote:It doesn't matter what you think, it's a clear rule being last man stopping a goal scoring opportunity which is what happened. The Ref bottled it resulting in United winning, it's happened before and will happen until refs grow a pair.

The ref clearly viewed it as a non goal scoring opportunity as a result of the player overunning the ball.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Christies Child wrote:
ezz wrote:It doesn't matter what you think, it's a clear rule being last man stopping a goal scoring opportunity which is what happened. The Ref bottled it resulting in United winning, it's happened before and will happen until refs grow a pair.

The ref clearly viewed it as a non goal scoring opportunity as a result of the player overunning the ball.

I suppose it depends on which of the three fouls by Vidic the ref was looking at - the pull of the shirt, the dragging him down or the tripping him up. I'd argue that he was only playing advantage after the first one (when Agbonlahor still had a good goalscoring opportunity) because he thought he might score. Then when it was clear he couldn't as he'd been dragged down and tripped, he gave the penalty. An immediate red card should have followed.

The 'penalty's a sufficient punishment' is completely irrelevant, if he denies a clear goalscoring opportunity (which he did) then it's an automatic red.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:58 pm

I think Vidic was extremely lucky not to be sent off, I'm a Man Utd fan and I even think he should have gone. I think the ref bottled it and if he had gone Aston Villa may well have gone on and won.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:59 pm

ezz wrote: until refs grow a pair.

Could increase the attendances I guess :D :D

carlisle4.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby slackAlice » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 pm

also aside from what should and could of happened ..it was shocking defending as already pointed out above he commited 3 fouls and just made his mind up to stop the guy at all costs. It was defending that wouldn't have looked out of place Sunday morning in Ryelands Pk. The post match interview by Vidic smirking start to finish must have made O'neil livid.
slackAlice

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:11 pm

I bet Ezz is a Liverpool fan :lol:
Sammy h

Postby dave wilky » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Vidic one of the dirtiest players in the prem.....typical i dont know nothing gormeless look on his face when caught out.....if you cant beat him for pace pull him to the floor vidic.... :x
dave wilky

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Sammy h wrote:I bet Ezz is a Liverpool fan :lol:

Really? They never get undeserved penalties ever ever ever.
Joel Ninety

Postby ezz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 pm

Yeh I'm a Liverpool fan, but there is no bias towards the decision the rules are clear yet refs decide to nit pick which players they send. Is he really going to send a united player off after 7mins or whatever and face the wrath of Fergue afterards?
I think we have only had one penalty in the prem this season? Most probably wrong but I cant remember many :lol:

More from the above Marky please, if she reffed my game and give me a yellow I wouldn't complain, probably ask for a spank to go with it :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:58 am

ezz wrote:More from the above Marky please, if she reffed my game and give me a yellow I wouldn't complain, probably ask for a spank to go with it :D

:o :o :o .... don't want to cause toooo much excitement on here! :lol: :lol:

If she Reffed our games at the new ground it would be renamed the Golden Globe(s) Arena :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 pm

The post match interview by Vidic smirking start to finish must have made O'neil livid

to be fair Vidic always looks like hes smirking in interview. Although having said that finding one where he isnt smirking would be easier than finding a interview with Craig Bellamy and thinking at the end "actually hes not that much of a c**k"

As a bit of a United fan (I did live there for a bit so its ok) how he stayed on the pitch is beyond me! it was a clear red by the letter of the law. I think the decisive factor for me might have been the timing. If that was the last few minutes instead of the first, he would have walked.

On another note, how terrible was the pitch!
Heysham_red

Return to General Discussion