SHOULD HE STAY?

SHOULD HE STAY?

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Think its tyme for Twiss to Leave Mfc.Hes been a good Player fore us but isnt quite upto League Standard,Be much better in the Conference
northstandshrimp2009

Re: TWISSY SHOULD HE STAY OR SHOULD HE GO?

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Totally agree - bench player now at best
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Vinny » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 pm

Gee, you really know how to make a current MFC squad player feel good, don't you :roll:

Twissy has done well in the team when he has been given a chance. He's been unlucky and struck the woodwork several times this season. Like many players, he is a confidence player. So while he has a part to play for us, get behind the lad and let those who are paid to make the judgement make the judgement when the time is right.

I expect Twissy will be playing tomorrow night v PNE. Could be a good chance for him to give Sammy a selection problem for Saturday. So get yourselves down and support the team!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:49 pm

agree entirely with Vinny, speculating as to 'who should stay or go' when there is so much of the season left can never be of use to anyone at the club.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 am

This is a message board to talk about football items or am i wrong
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby MorecambeMickey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:This is a message board to talk about football items or am i wrong
Yes, your wrong. In no way should anyone ever post an opinion that contradicts yours. FWIW, Twissy is a Morecambe legend, has probably broken the record for the amount of times a post/crossbar has been hit this season and could be caught shooting kittens unsympatheticaly one by one in the head and not go down one iota in my opinion. A word of advice, grow a thicker skin yeah? Many thanks x
MorecambeMickey

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:37 am

Twissy is a legend, we are not going up or down, so give him a few starts, he may surprise a few folk who seem to think , thats all folks :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:38 am

Sorry to show my opinions but if we are to move forward this will not include twiss but that is only my opinion sure lots will agree and disagree
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby ezz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:00 am

You can have your opinion, some of us don't feel like kicking one our own players in the teeth with talk of wanting him out, especially during the season and also when he clearly has the quality to still be part of our team
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 am

northstandshrimp2009 wrote:Think its tyme for Twiss to Leave Mfc.Hes been a good Player fore us but isnt quite upto League Standard,Be much better in the Conference

THATS BLASPHOMOUS!

on serious note, i think he is up to L2 standard he had a good spell in the 1st team not all that long ago linking up well with Jevons

although i thought he showed signs of sulking with his work rate a few weeks ago when playing out on the left, and as since been left out of the team
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:48 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:This is a message board to talk about football items or am i wrong

Yes it is, which is why the thread wasn't deleted or opinions censored. But it is also a MORECAMBE FANS message board and as a Morecambe fan, I'd rather we were supportive and saved the speculation for the end of the season, rather than undermining our own players at a critical time for no benefit.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: SHOULD HE STAY?

Postby darrenlock » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:04 am

We should talk about this at the end of the season.

Remember come January Michael was linked with a move to Walsall must of been paper talk.

Michael is the same as Wayne where there both prefer not to play on the wing only center forward that are both players preferred position.

Michael is a hot and cold player he is a good bench player that is about it , he has done brilliantly in the past for Morecambe but i can't see him getting past Jevons or Mullins next season.

In my opinion give Wayne or Michael a contract id pick Wayne
darrenlock

Postby marky » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:12 am

Keith, why is it wrong to discuss such issues now when it's perfectly obvious the management are in the process of offering deals to those they wish to keep? They clearly don't believe it's detrimental so I'm not sure why you do!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am

We need to reduce the average age of the squad!

So there will have to be changes.

:?: :?: :?:

Wonder how our squad on Saturday compared with this lot?
http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.p ... irst-team/
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 am

Keith wrote:

Yes it is, which is why the thread wasn't deleted or opinions censored. But it is also a MORECAMBE FANS message board and as a Morecambe fan, I'd rather we were supportive and saved the speculation for the end of the season, rather than undermining our own players at a critical time for no benefit.

Absolutely agreed Keith, think about this in a logical way, say Sammy signs Twissy a new contract for which I hope he does how do you think Twissy or any other player will feel looking on this message board about who should stay or go, and believe me they all come on here!!

All I am saying is there is a place and time to talk about stuff like this!
thegentlegiant

Postby Barry Poo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:47 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
Keith wrote:

Absolutely agreed Keith, think about this in a logical way, say Sammy signs Twissy a new contract for which I hope he does how do you think Twissy or any other player will feel looking on this message board about who should stay or go, and believe me they all come on here!!

All I am saying is there is a place and time to talk about stuff like this!

I'm sorry but I disagree. A fans online forum is absolutely the right place for these sorts of discussions. A player checking this site should be thick skinned enough to read negative comments if he isn’t I’d question his capabilities as an adult let alone a player.

If you cant cope with criticism you probably shouldn’t read it, that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be discussed

All that said I disagree with the original poster I think Twissy is a fantastic player and definitely has a future at our club!!! He’s a Morecambe legend
Barry Poo

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:04 am

Issues as to who stays and who goes have always been discussed on Fans Forums and will continue to do so throughout the game.

I remember similar discussions about players such as Coley and others over the years. Coley moved on to pastures new and we survived. However until the birth of the Internet it was discussed in small groups and in bars ect, if at all. Now everybody has a view that they can if they wish make public.

There comes a time in every players career when it's time to call time.

Michael and others over the years have served our club well, but as sad as it may be for the departure of legends, the club has to move on to the next chapter.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 am

Confidence is a big part of any players game, so why would we want to take that away from one of our players. Personally he is a great squad player and we'd have a very hard time finding someone with his quality to come off the bench/be part of starting 11 due to injuries.
I'd be keeping him for at least another year.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:59 am

players should be thick skinned, there's nothing stopping them logging in and putting there opinions back across

because to be honest i think these forums had a lot to do with Rennie Howe's attitude and going out on the lash that time, thinking well am not liked anyway(although am not condoning him) with constantly being slagged off
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 pm

for me its stay , 1 year contract on reduced terms. He will have to accept lower wages if he moves on. Would be a useful impact sub IMHO.
Last edited by Heysham_Shrimp on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ockers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 pm

I think on the whole most players are thick.......skinned that is... :)
are we that bored were talking about Twissy being shoved out?
there is very little time left at christie park yet seemingly noone wants to discuss the great games the memories the moments highs lows funny stories things we will miss myuself derek and martin would like to hear from you?
noone wants talk up the teams chances of the playoffs and how were still in the mix?
noone wants to talk about bournemouth on saturday?
what im saying is surely theres better and more entertaining things to discuss than who we should get rid of in May some 10 weeks away 12 weeks if we make the playoffs?
lets have that discussion in May and perhaps in the meantime and i say thisin th enicest way lets concentrate our efforts on the positive side and get behind our team on here and on the terraces/stands?
rant over...............
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Take a look at the number of topics currently being contributed to Ockers.

A wide and diverse set of subjects and opinions that make SVs so interesting ALL THE TIME.

If some want to discuss 'ins and outs'...so be it! Everbody has the right to say what they want providing that it doesn't get offensive.
Christies Child

Postby Sharpy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:18 pm

please for the love of all things holy play him upfornt next to Jevons!
Mullin is a useless lump wasting oxygen! he is meant to be a target man, yet he never jumps or challenges for the ball, when he gets an oportunity to shoot he hits it at the keeper or passes to someone else. (one on one at port vale and gives it to hunter instead of shooting) Twiss is a far better player than mullin and is the type of stiker we have always played with.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Sharpy wrote:please for the love of all things holy play him upfornt next to Jevons!
Mullin is a useless lump wasting oxygen! :shock: he is meant to be a target man, yet he never jumps or challenges for the ball, when he gets an oportunity to shoot he hits it at the keeper or passes to someone else. :? (one on one at port vale and gives it to hunter instead of shooting) Twiss is a far better player than mullin and is the type of stiker we have always played with. ;) ;) ;)

...I'll put the relevant smilies in for you, seeing as you can't be bothered......

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Christies Child on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christies Child

Postby Sharpy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:28 pm

you can take them smileys and place them somwhere else :x .... Mullin is useless and i cannot see any redeeming features. he was a decent player at stanley, he is useless here.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Next

Return to General Discussion