O/T Paula Radcliffe

O/T Paula Radcliffe

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:31 am

This will no doubt annoy a lot of fellow SV's but I'm totally sick of all the excuses both pre and post race regarding Paula Radcliffe and the reasons as to why she may / did not perform in the womens marathon. :( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T Paula Radcliffe

Postby ftm » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:45 am

agreed!
ftm

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:50 am

she wasn't fit, she shouldn't have gone. the boxer who was glad he lost should be made to repay the funding he has had over the last 2/3 years, and Murray should never again be allowed to go to the games.

I have no problem with people going who have no chance of a medal as a lot of the do PB's and thats all you can ask. 10 gold's and counting and 3rd in the table, lets hope we can keep it up but i doubt it. :ugeek:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Welshrimp » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:51 am

Quite so. There is no way that a British institution like Paula should allow the minor disruption of broken bones to disrupt her training schedule in the run up to such an important event. No doubt in 100 years time someone will be saying that being in her grave is no excuse for her not to have got up and made the effort and come away with a gold.

FFS, what makes you think she has a RIGHT to win? And what makes you EXPECT her to win when she's had her preparation severely disrupted and was clearly running still injured?

I applaud her bravery for competing and finishing. I couldn't do it? Could you?
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Why no t » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:40 am

If she was injured why was she there?

Unless having no other marathon runner she felt we needed a British representative in the race.

She was putting herself at risk of injury, having broken her leg only a short while ago, just so our country could have a runner in the race.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:00 am

has anybody else noticed our cyclists who are doing very well all seem to have the number 8, perhaps it is a lucky number, our gold and silver woman were 87 and 89, 3 of the 4 who just broke the 4km world record were 78, 83 and 84, :? :? :?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Return to General Discussion