vale forum

vale forum

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:23 pm

nice to get complements from the oppposing fans

It was a tale of two halves. After finally playing in the first half against Lincoln, we didn't start on time today and Morecambe started the game really well. They posed us a lot of questions, especially down the wings. Their left winger was superb, and Yates had his hands full. I thought he didn't do too badly, although it was right for Adams to swap Taylor and Haldane around. Their strikers were class, although their number 21 should have been booked for a blatent dive in the box. The defence looked shaky and seemed to have no confidence in Anyon, which to be fair I didn't either. I think he was too slow to get back up after he stopped the first shot, and I don't think it was a world class save either as it was straight at him.

Second half was a different matter. Their passing game deserted them and we hammered at the door loads, without ever really testing Roach. Their two centre halves were superb, although it didn't help that Davies and Richards played miles apart from each other. The time has come to banish Davies to the bench, he isn't good enough. Wastes far too much while Richards does all the donkey work.

The referee was poor, but not the reason we lost. He was a homer, giving all the 50:50's their way without ever making a game changing decision. One thing that really annoyed me was the speed at which they gave decisions. They were waiting 10 seconds sometimes before making ones, and it was pathetic. There were soft fouls he blew up for, while he booked Dodds for what was the games first meaty challenge. As for McCombe's goal, the flag didn't go up until after the ball went in the net. I looked over when McCombe first got the ball and the flag was NOT up. Very poor officials.
scalehallshrimp

Re: vale forum

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:22 pm

The flag went up instantly, and definitely before he put it in the net.
Sammy h

Re: vale forum

Postby Arnside Red » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:19 pm

flag
was definately up before the ball was kicked, but a spectacular effort nonetheless
Arnside Red

Return to General Discussion