Adam Sollitt

Adam Sollitt

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Remember him? Now playing for Matlock Town off to watch them this afternoon against the mighty Whitby, will let you know how he is doing.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: Adam Sollitt

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:55 am

Oh well he didn't have much to do apart from pick it out of his net after 10mins when beaten from 20 yards which he couldn't do anything about.
Matlock controlled the game playing nice football in the first half with Whitby not even getting into their half.
Sollitt must have only touched the ball about 3 times in 90mins while his team dominated and won 3v1.

From what I remember he was quite a good keep I'm sure he could be playing at a better level at least conference North.

While were on about x players did anyone see Michael Howard on welsh tv last night (S4C) playing for Llanleli.

P/T Indie

Postby Harry » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Saw a 2 oldies from a couple of seasons ago in a game against each other, put in some decent crosses but that was about it.
Harry

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Doesn't feel that long ago that we were playing league matches against Matlock! :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Keith wrote:Doesn't feel that long ago that we were playing league matches against Matlock! :?

.....remember the open side backing onto the cricket field with fond memories.

Now i know why we've got an open side... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Keith wrote:Doesn't feel that long ago that we were playing league matches against Matlock! :?

I know I've got a poor memory but I'm pretty sure that wasn't Matlock. Matlock had a primary school behind one goal where local scroats threw stones at us. The main road was slightly raised to the right (from the school end). Was it Witton Albion that had the cricket pitch? I do remember somewhere where a ball was cleared and just rolled for ages with a ball boy running after it!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:06 pm

matlock did have a cricket pitch at one end also anyone remember going to worksops old ground they used to have cricket ground on one side too .... just shows how far we have come as a club bishop auckland also shared with the cricket ground the ground you was thinking about keith was mossley there was always kids on school roof throwing anything they could at away fans
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Actually, was it Worksop I was thinking of? Witton's old ground had a massive stand that ran down the road didn't it?

Either way, yes, it demonstrates how far we've come...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm

your right keith it was witton with road down side they also had a big grass banking behind goals central park i think it was called
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Does anyone remember Maine Road??
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby darrenlock » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Old Manchester City stadium?
darrenlock

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:28 pm

darrenlock wrote:Old Manchester City stadium?

No deardarren for those of us with painful memories, it was 1992 and Maine Road was the scene of utter carnage that was a Morecambe defeat in the dreaded leveller that is the F.A.Cup!!! :cry:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:22 pm

My god i remember maine road probably one of the worst days watching the shrimps losing 2 1 think it was against a team about 4 leagues lower
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Keith wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

I know I've got a poor memory but I'm pretty sure that wasn't Matlock. Matlock had a primary school behind one goal where local scroats threw stones at us. The main road was slightly raised to the right (from the school end). Was it Witton Albion that had the cricket pitch? I do remember somewhere where a ball was cleared and just rolled for ages with a ball boy running after it!

CC is right :o behind the goal it is open which goes onto the cricket pitch. The players have to get changed in the cricket pavillion and walk across to the football pitch.

I didn't see a school it has a ford dealership next door to the ground but the main road does run parallel with pitch.

There wasn't much to it really there was a bit of a home end but everyone stands round the perimeter wall anyway and on one side is like a shed with benches in which is the main stand. The opposite side is a newly build Tea hut and first aid block and it looks like some land is been developed on that side not sure if they are going to build on here.

The bar was a portacabin with patio furniture outside for the better weather would be good sitting there watching the game. Not a bad stocked bar though for the limited facilities and a cracking pint of Marstons bitter at £2.20 a pint (a lot cheaper than JB's).

The best bit is you can buy your pint and then take it outside and walk round the ground. Imagine if we went there in the FA cup :D

P/T Indie

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:16 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
darrenlock wrote:Old Manchester City stadium?

No deardarren for those of us with painful memories, it was 1992 and Maine Road was the scene of utter carnage that was a Morecambe defeat in the dreaded leveller that is the F.A.Cup!!! :cry:

To clear up matters further for Darren's benefit Maine Road is also the name of a football team who play now in the Vodkat League, and who humbled us back in 1992 just as we were begin our rejuvenation.

Classy ground too http://www.maineroadfc.com/gallery.asp
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Keith wrote:I know I've got a poor memory but I'm pretty sure that wasn't Matlock.

Told you I had a bad memory, it was Mossley* that had the school with the kids throwing stones! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*probably... unless it was somewhere else? Definately began with an 'M', unless it was something else...

Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion