Re: O/T Bridge pulls out of England duty

Postby Aspers » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:11 pm

OK just read the link,
I'm with the Posh 1 on this.
Aspers

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:41 am

Wholeheartedly agree with Posh.

If he was a common working man 'like wot we are', he wouldnt have the luxury of being able to choose whether he continued doing his job, he would have a whopping mortgage and monthly bills to pay. He wouldnt have a choice of who he worked with without changing companies. He would just have to suck it up and get on with it.

I have lost most of my sympathy for him. The word that came to my head was less contentious than 'puff', it was 'Didums'.

Bridge is a man who could potentially make a difference at the World Cup. He should be the bigger man and get on with it. There is more at stake than a bruised ego.

To be honest Cappello should have got them both in a room and locked the door.
Mark S

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 am

RedRedWine wrote:It would be interesting if Terry had carried on with somebody else's partner in the squad, say a Gerrard, a Rooney or a Lampard...

I think any one of them would have given Terry a smack and then got on with it! Can't see Rooney turning down the chance to play for England in the same way as Bridge. If he isn't 'mentally strong enough' to play at the moment he should have had a quiet word with Cappello and let him decide whether to pick him or not.

Big girl's blouse*

*this isn't intended in a homophobic manner but simply to indicate he's a big puff
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:17 am

Mark S wrote:Wholeheartedly agree with Posh.

If he was a common working man 'like wot we are', he wouldnt have the luxury of being able to choose whether he continued doing his job, he would have a whopping mortgage and monthly bills to pay. He wouldnt have a choice of who he worked with without changing companies. He would just have to suck it up and get on with it.

I have lost most of my sympathy for him. The word that came to my head was less contentious than 'puff', it was 'Didums'.

Bridge is a man who could potentially make a difference at the World Cup. He should be the bigger man and get on with it. There is more at stake than a bruised ego.

To be honest Cappello should have got them both in a room and locked the door.

Playing for England isn't a job, they do not get paid for it, or they give it away to charity, but thats another matter. His personal life is alot more important than a football tournament (granted that it is the biggest in the world)

How you can even target Bridge is beyond me, one of his work mates, his colleague, a friend of his slept with his partner. And now hes expected to spend a month with him?

If they both went to the world cup, all the media hype would be about them two, which would not be the best for England.
Sammy h

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Which is exactly why they need to get it sorted out, like most people would in the real world.

They dont have to be best mates again, just team work together for the good of the team.

If they sorted it now, it would be all over by the World Cup.
Mark S

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:12 pm

this is why they should have a celebrity white collar boxing show on TV

Terry vs Bridge :lol:

oh and can anybody remember there was talk at Leeds United about Eric Cantona shagging Lesley Ash Lee Chapman's wife :shock:
George Dawes

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Bridge you legend did not shake Terry's hand fantastic stuff I hope City take lumps out of scummy Chelsea!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:02 pm

:o :o Wow football match between Chelsea vs Manchester City and guess what Wayne Bridge didn't shack Terry's hand oh no , no-one cares about the match just that twat Terry

:idea:
darrenlock

Postby Splodge » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Following the match between Chelsea and Man City today Wayne Bridge has sent a text to John Terry telling him "this is how you play away"
Splodge

Previous

Return to General Discussion